The 3D Printed Car That Will Drive Cross Country

NickNitro

Extra Terrestrial
Reaction score
Urbee 2, the 3D-Printed Car that will drive across the country

12d07a35-c6e7-41df-8619-8292639783f2_urbee-3d-printed-car_1.jpg

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/urbee-2...-will-drive-across-the-country-000601366.html

About two years from now, Cody and Tyler Kor, now 20 and 22 years old, respectively, will drive coast-to-coast in the lozenge-shaped Urbee 2, a car made mostly by 3D printing

Good luck with that if if works. This is the type of thing we dreamed about from the Jetsons, just materializing **** from computers, so I hope it makes the trip.

Imagine this in 20-30 years? People can be even lazier, print out whatever product they need right at home, kitchen supplies, parts to fix a toilet, a skateboard, football helmet. Its crazy the innovations in 3D printing. It'll be interesting to see where this leads commercially.

You read about the dude that printed a makeshift gun? There's always a double edged sword.

Yeah, but to be fair the gun needs other metal pieces besides just what you can make with the 3D printer, this tool could actually be very bad for toy making companies though, in least when it's advanced enough

You read about the dude that printed a makeshift gun? There's always a double edged sword.

Yeah and here in lies the problem. There is evil everywhere in the world and will stick its fingers in something like this, itll need to be monitored well. I can see it being really good and really bad at the same time, kind of like streaming movies on the internet but the bi product is torrenting illegally music, movies, software, etc.

Imagine this in 20-30 years? People can be even lazier, print out whatever product they need right at home, kitchen supplies, parts to fix a toilet, a skateboard, football helmet. Its crazy the innovations in 3D printing. It'll be interesting to see where this leads commercially.

It'll make christmas easier, that for sure.

Something just clicked in my head: Remember the downloading ads? The "YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR!"? Eventually you could.

Luckily the 3D printing of a gun is impractical at this time. You can't use one more than a handful of times at best before it explodes in your hand. But that brings up my question of how they'll manage the engine, being that it's literally a controlled explosion and going to do serious stress to anything not made of metal.

Reading through the article it looks like they'll use an existing one instead of building it themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"