The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beenox confirmed on facebook that there wont be any demo coming for any platforms this time around.

New preview: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-amazing-spider-man-2-video-game-preview/ (same old GDC build impressions).

I wonder when Activision ships builds to outlets for reviews & lifts the embargo, probably release day.

And I don't think that we'll directly see spoilers to what happens to Gwen in the movie (whether she lives or dies). They could go as simple as sending her abroad to college without killing her off if she really bites the bullet in the sequel. They don't tell the movies story 1:1, I'd totally expect them to have her live or die (do the opposite of the movie) just to seperate themselves from the movie universe even further.

Beenox confirmed on Twitter that Venom isn't in the game. :(

They made a mistake, you don't battle Venom in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game.

Also, I thought this was neat, I liked having this in the first game:

Pedestrians can talk to Spider-Man, as in ASM1. However, if you fail to complete heroic deeds, they will criticize you.

Beenox confirmed on facebook that there wont be any demo coming for any platforms this time around.

New preview: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/the-amazing-spider-man-2-video-game-preview/ (same old GDC build impressions).

I wonder when Activision ships builds to outlets for reviews & lifts the embargo, probably release day.

And I don't think that we'll directly see spoilers to what happens to Gwen in the movie (whether she lives or dies). They could go as simple as sending her abroad to college without killing her off if she really bites the bullet in the sequel. They don't tell the movies story 1:1, I'd totally expect them to have her live or die (do the opposite of the movie) just to seperate themselves from the movie universe even further.
these little impressions are nice when its starts the beginning of marketing but at this point I don't care I want footage with it talk is cheap now

They clearly don't seem very confident in the game if they refuse to release a live, unedited demo.

these little impressions are nice when its starts the beginning of marketing but at this point I don't care I want footage with it talk is cheap now

We already got the GDC impressions weeks ago, it's about time that we should get some fresh impressions from a retail build.
It's like reviewers reviewing a trailer for a movie over and over again.

Also, I thought this was neat, I liked having this in the first game: -can interact with pedestrians quote-
I'd love it if they took that even further. They integrated the dialogue feature? Why can't we have a more immersed interaction with citizens that way. Simply saying hi, shaking hands, taking a photo with them (you lean in for a selfie?) or you raise your hands up to make the citizens cheer for you? Damn I hope there are parades like in the trailer, next gen versions should really cram the streets with citizens and cars. No reason the hardware shouldn't be able to handle more citizens, especially not if they all more or less look the same (like they do in TASM1). Maybe in TASM3... maybe in TASM3...

Last edited:
We already got the GDC impressions weeks ago, it's about time that we should get some fresh impressions from a retail build.
I agree on that one and its gets boring afterwards but that's okay because i'll be keeping my out next week just incase people get it early

I agree on that one and its gets boring afterwards but that's okay because i'll be keeping my out next week just incase people get it early

Make sure to link everything here or is there a way of having a private conversation via PM? Make a list with everyone who posts in here and PM the leaked gameplay vids (so they don't get taken down immediately).

Still counting on one of you guys streaming the game via PS4 Share on day one in the US, fulfilling our fanboy needs (showing off everything we'd like to see). I'd do it but I get the game 3 days after the US and my internet isn't the best for streaming (quite a few quality drops etc.).

if I find it i'll just have people pm me I don't want to run the risk of it getting reported

Beenox confirmed on Twitter that Venom isn't in the game. :(

They made a mistake, you don't battle Venom in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game.

Also, I thought this was neat, I liked having this in the first game:

Pedestrians can talk to Spider-Man, as in ASM1. However, if you fail to complete heroic deeds, they will criticize you.
Interesting feature, I like it

I'd love it if they took that even further. They integrated the dialogue feature? Why can't we have a more immersed interaction with citizens that way. Simply saying hi, shaking hands, taking a photo with them (you lean in for a selfie?) or you raise your hands up to make the citizens cheer for you? Damn I hope there are parades like in the trailer, next gen versions should really cram the streets with citizens and cars. No reason the hardware shouldn't be able to handle more citizens, especially not if they all more or less look the same (like they do in TASM1). Maybe in TASM3... maybe in TASM3...

Parades? Do you know which trailer parades are seen in?

Although not ideal, I would seriously rather them just throw in Hulk Goblin than Webb's...Goblin...in this game, remove Carnage, and give us someone like Hammerhead lol.

Although not ideal, I would seriously rather them just throw in Hulk Goblin than Webb's...Goblin...in this game, remove Carnage, and give us someone like Hammerhead lol.

Aw come on! Carnage is hardly in the open world games.

Thank God, that didn't happened. I'm not a fan of Webb's Goblin but at least he resembles 616 Goblin. I mean he's on glider and he's using pumpkin bombs. I'm tired of Ultimate-style Goblin.

I agree with not having Carnage. Carnage is kind of sacred territory for me, together with Venom. It feels wrong having him there as one of the villains when he should be THE villain of the game (maybe they go along with Cletus being the killer of uncle Ben, I don't know).

Ever since Carnage was kind of confirmed I had this slight feeling that they wont do him justice and/or mess up his origin. Would rather have more B-List villains like Hammerhead taking Carnages place and keep Carnage as a highlight for future sequels.
On the other hand, they should start setting up villains for a potential sinister six story line. Imagine how sick it would be fighting 6 villains at once in a Spidey game. They better don't screw up Mysterio though or I'll go rage mode.

They clearly don't seem very confident in the game if they refuse to release a live, unedited demo.

Hmmm nope not the case at all. Considering most games now don't do demos anymore. So yeah doesn't mean they're not confident. At all.

Thank God, that didn't happened. I'm not a fan of Webb's Goblin but at least he resembles 616 Goblin. I mean he's on glider and he's using pumpkin bombs. I'm tired of Ultimate-style Goblin.

RDJ_Woah.gif

Aw come on! Carnage is hardly in the open world games.

Yep, and the less, the better.

I like the way Kingpin is done in this game. He's like this right wing political figure who hates superheros like Spider-Man. The accent is really good "You crossed the line, you've brrrought this on yourself!"Really strong American accent adds to it.

I disagree about the Goblin, and strongly agree when it comes to Carnage
I wish at least there was the lack of symbiote
I have nothing against the Webb Goblin design, I like it
He kinda looks like Harry from Spider-Man 3 affected by the cross-species virus from Amazing Spider-Man game 1

Someone broke the street date with ASM and posted gameplay vids to YT. I'd imagine the same will happen here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"