Batman Begins The Art Of Batman Begins

Batcrazy said:
I 100% agree with you.

But I must warn you. This line of though can get you in trouble around here. Specially lately.
Just because the suit has technology built into it, doesn't make him "Iron Man" at all. Batman needs technology, as he is only human. He has always had cool gadgets, and if you think about it his costume in the comics is the same way. I saw a comic, I think it was from Hush :rolleyes: , but Batman lands in an alley and some junkies try to pry his mask off and they all get electrocuted. That goes above and beyond the technology being showed in the BEGINS suit designs. So in fact, it is just like the comics in that he requires technology. Iron Man is a completely different concept.

Nuk Nukk said:
Just because the suit has technology built into it, doesn't make him "Iron Man" at all. Batman needs technology, as he is only human. He has always had cool gadgets, and if you think about it his costume in the comics is the same way. I saw a comic, I think it was from Hush :rolleyes: , but Batman lands in an alley and some junkies try to pry his mask off and they all get electrocuted. That goes above and beyond the technology being showed in the BEGINS suit designs. So in fact, it is just like the comics in that he requires technology. Iron Man is a completely different concept.
Excellent point. It's just aesthetic preferences that start these arguments. Some people like the "high-tech" look, some don't. I do. It makes sense from Nolan's realistic approach to the movie.

-Bruce Wayne - Billionaire playboy/Tech company owner who uses his company's military technology to make a lightly armored suit, car and gadgets/weapons which he uses to fight crime.

-Tony Stark - Billionaire playboy/Tech company owner who uses his company's military technology to make a heavily armored suit w/weapons to fight...stuff.

Batman is only a few patents behind Iron Man.

actually i would think it's like that because nolan was trying to make it realistic..having armour would make sense.

Exactly Nuk Nukk - a lot of hypocrisy going on with the one's thinking the Begins suit isn't like the comics suit. Only difference - all black with no trunks, that's it.

Exactly Milkman95 - a lot of hypocrisy going on with the one's thinking the Begins suit isn't like the previous film versions - all black with no trunks ;)

Yup, you're right BatScot - the only thing that makes the Begins suit resemble the past one's is the color black........

Yeah....the suit looks very different once you see it at close range. The material is clearly different, and the finish is as well.

I like the Batman Begins grapple gun....I'm trying to figure out though where is the part of the grapple gun that Batman clips to his belt? I know they've said he clips it to the back of his utility belt.....so where does the grapple gun, and how, does it attach to the belt? Anyone know?

Yup, you're right BatScot - the only thing that makes the Begins suit resemble the past one's is the color black........

Actually, some of the armoring sections themselves are very reminiscent of Keaton's first Batsuit.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
I like the Batman Begins grapple gun....I'm trying to figure out though where is the part of the grapple gun that Batman clips to his belt? I know they've said he clips it to the back of his utility belt.....so where does the grapple gun, and how, does it attach to the belt? Anyone know?

The graple gun, the metal pouches and cylinders and various rangs are all magnetic. The silver tabbs on the belt are magnets and everything attaches to it that same way.
The grapple gun attaches magnetically to the back of the belt...:)

David

Is it an electromagnet? Otherwise, how would he get it OFF the belt?

the begins grapple gun is clearly a nod to dekkards gun in blade runner. it looks very similar.

DAVIDYR1 said:
The graple gun, the metal pouches and cylinders and various rangs are all magnetic. The silver tabbs on the belt are magnets and everything attaches to it that same way.
The grapple gun attaches magnetically to the back of the belt...:)

David
Spot on. And I like the idea it's all magnetic, not clip-ons. Also from the grapping gun perspective it's a big more realistic, to me, to believe he'd latch onto pieces of metal that way, than using a hook to grab onto things or punch through concrete with.

Yeah....but how does he secure the grapple gun tot he belt? I mean, with the rangs he can fold them and put them in his belt. But the grapple gun looks pretty heavy to leave hanging from a belt magnetically, so I would assume it sticks magetically and is locked in somehow.

I like it though.....finally it makes sense how he fits all that stuff in his belt. I mean, it's gotten to a point in the comics that he has a new freash grapple gun each time he needs one. And I love the folding of the rangs.

Any pics of the rangs?

not to mention if he falls on his back, and lands on teh grapple gun, he'll have a soar torso in the morning..

I've ordered the visual guide to BB from Amazon. I should receive it tomorrow. I have no idea whats contained inside because Amazon haven't published any facts or reviews.
Was this a wise move, has anybody got it, is it any good?

By the way, i think the BB suit has most in common with the sonar suit from BF.

Yeah......kinda. Minus all the shiny crap.

I dunno...I've seen a few different sized Batarangs......and I've seen a few that bend....which makes sense if he's going to fit 3 or 4 dozen in his Utiltity Belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"