The Bachelorette Party: The Female Version of The Hangover

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
A recently-jilted teacher throwing the titular pre-nuptial party for her cousin. Complications ensue when the teacher cops off with the groom-to-be. Sounds familiar? Well, it’s ‘The Bachelorette Party’ and it’s described by producers as kind of a female answer to the hit 2009 movie ‘The Hangover.’

The script is currently being written by Karen McCullah Lutz, who’s an expert in girls movies (‘Legally Blond,’ ‘The Ugly Truth’) and two actresses has already been signed for the lead roles: Jennifer Garner, whose beating down of the huge heart at the I Hate Valentine’s party scene in ‘Valentine’s Day’ must have been a good inspiration for attaching her to a comic role; and ‘Scary Movie’ franchise actress Anna Faris, who’s also working on the next ‘Ghostbusters’ movie, is also in.

Now all we have to do is wait for some more lead roles and more on the plot to decide ourselves whether this movie actually *is* a female ‘Hangover.’
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?...endId=171184815&blogId=529829259&swapped=true

Will it have the raunch and laughter of its Male counterpart?

I'd love to see some kind of girls behaving badly movie. And if you're ever in a club and spot a crew of women having a pre-nuptial celebration (I refuse to say "bachelorette party"), them chicks can get pretty raunchy.

*groan* I so love to hate these dorm/college/stoner comedies that Hollywood keeps shoveling out.

To me...these kinds of movies are only one very slight step up from fart jokes.

Last edited:
This could really work. Considering Farris and Garner are in this I'll give it a chance.

However when was Farris confirmed to be involved in Ghostbusters 3?

This could really work. Considering Farris and Garner are in this I'll give it a chance.

However when was Farris confirmed to be involved in Ghostbusters 3?

:wow:

that part stood out to me the most in that article

I think Jennifer Garner is trying to become the female analogue of Tom Hanks. First she was in 13 Going on 30, the female version of Big, and now she's starring in a female version of Bachelor Party. Makes me wonder if she'll be starring as a low IQ'd shrimp boat captain/war hero/ping pong champion in an upcoming flick

I think Jennifer Garner is trying to become the female analogue of Tom Hanks. First she was in 13 Going on 30, the female version of Big, and now she's starring in a female version of Bachelor Party. Makes me wonder if she'll be starring as a low IQ'd shrimp boat captain/war hero/ping pong champion in an upcoming flick

:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"