The best music to listen to through really awesome headphones

JLBats

The boney king of nowhere
Reaction score
I just had to buy these $100+ headphones for my university program, and have discovered that they make a great deal of music sound like total **** when you hear it with all its little flaws.

(for instance, Elliott Smith's "A Fond Farewell" just sounds off)

So, what music actually sounds GOOD through good headphones, and what music would you like to hear in all its crisp, imperfect, detailed glory?

So far, Radiohead, Sonic Youth and the Beatles sound a-okay.

Aphex Twin you wont find any faults in his music, Richard is a music master mind, if you listen to his tunes with kick ass headphones your brain will melt ;)

Machine Head's The Burning Red
My Bloody Valentine's Loveless
Sufjan Stevens' Illinoise
NIN's The Downward Spiral
Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon
Deff Leppard's Pyromania should sound massive
U2's Acthung Baby
Zurdok's Hombre Sintetizador
Mogwai, Sigur Ros, most post rock, some krautrock, Dead Can Dance, etc

Skinny Puppy sounds awesome with some good headphones.

I just had to buy these $100+ headphones for my university program, and have discovered that they make a great deal of music sound like total **** when you hear it with all its little flaws.

(for instance, Elliott Smith's "A Fond Farewell" just sounds off)

So, what music actually sounds GOOD through good headphones, and what music would you like to hear in all its crisp, imperfect, detailed glory?

So far, Radiohead, Sonic Youth and the Beatles sound a-okay.

A large part of your listening experience on high-end audio gear will be the QUALITY of your source. If you're listening to ripped audio at low bitrates, it's going to sound like shyte. If you're listening to cassette tapes on a player with an inferior or dirty play-head, it's going to sound like shyte. If your amplifier source is inferior, it's going to sound like shyte. It's not necessarily your selection of music, but the source you're listening to it from.

jag

opera is always a treat,

vivaldi's gloria and mozart's requiem for the win

A large part of your listening experience on high-end audio gear will be the QUALITY of your source. If you're listening to ripped audio at low bitrates, it's going to sound like shyte. If you're listening to cassette tapes on a player with an inferior or dirty play-head, it's going to sound like shyte. If your amplifier source is inferior, it's going to sound like shyte. It's not necessarily your selection of music, but the source you're listening to it from.

jag

It's always hard to find .flac rips on the internet. :csad:

The Final Cut by Pink Floyd
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son by Iron Maiden
For Those About To Rock by AC/DC
Ace Frehley by Ace Frehley
Goes To Hell by Alice Cooper
Sound Of White Noise by Anthrax

:word:

Both albums by Liquid Tension Experiment
Spontaneous Combustion by Liquid Trio Experiment
Jet Set Radio Future Soundtrack
The Boondocks Mixtapes
Beethoven's Nine Symphonies
And a ton of classic rock

Don't let me be misunderstood - Santa Esmeralda...Pretty amazing on earphones!

When I have great headphones my entire play list sounds like pure gold.

Demonoid is your friend.

I've been able to find quite a few hard to find albums on Demonoid. They're still a lot of crappy rips on it.

Check out The Crystal Method. Specifically the album "Vegas".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"