The Drowned World

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Warners Set To Adapt "The Drowned World"

By Garth Franklin Thursday February 28th 2013 06:58PM
Warner Bros. Pictures has optioned the film rights to "Empire Of The Sun" author J.G. Ballard's 1962 sci-fi novel "The Drowned World" at Heyday Films.
Set in the year 2145, the action unfolds in a time when solar radiation has melted the ice caps. Jungles have overrun continental Europe, and London is mostly submerged under water.
The hero is a biologist who lives on the 35th floor of a high-rise in which only two floors sit above the water line.
He battles a savage environment of primordial creatures who prowl the undergrowth, and anarchists who terrorize the city's inhabitants.
David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford will produce.
Source: Deadline

I love all the comments on the front page of people saying 'HUR DE HUR PROPOGANDA' about this.

I'm keen. Wonder who they'll get to play the scientist?

It's called propaganda from ignorant folks who aren't the most objective types. And for God's sakes the book was written decades ago.

I just hope this project goes somewhere unlike yhe other JD adaptation 'Concrete Island'..

I loved Waterworld. The character better drink his own piss in this one.

You know...I always thought WaterWorld could have been a great film if it hadn't been so......bloated.

Sounds cool, like a mix of Waterworld and Atlantis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"