The Equalizer

I liked the 3rd about the same as the 2nd and still have a slight preference to the 1st.
The franchise was very consistent.
E3 looks to do about the same boxoffice wise, probably a slight increase. There is a chance it could have a bigger increase than expected, the upcoming movies are very weak, especially for action movies (Expendables 4 Sept. 22 and Freelance on Oct. 6 is pretty much it and neither looks to make a big splash).

Projections for E3 this weekend is $34.5M 3 day and $42M for 4 days.

I liked the 3rd about the same as the 2nd and still have a slight preference to the 1st.
The franchise was very consistent.
E3 looks to do about the same boxoffice wise, probably a slight increase. There is a chance it could have a bigger increase than expected, the upcoming movies are very weak, especially for action movies (Expendables 4 Sept. 22 and Freelance on Oct. 6 is pretty much it and neither looks to make a big splash).

Projections for E3 this weekend is $34.5M 3 day and $42M for 4 days.

Not too shabby for an action star pushing, 70.
Not Too Shabby At All!

When McCall was casually walking next the main dude at the end as he was dying slowly

7jnLf5F.gif

Liked it but not as much as the first two. Not enough action, villains weren’t good enough and disappointing. Also the composer change ended up annoying me. Like the score was good but I hate when sequels don’t keep the musical score continuity. They didn’t bring back any of the themes. I really don’t like that in sequels.

Did enjoy this and I would say it's par with the first movie. 2nd movie is the best of the trilogy for me. The Man on Fire reunion was great. And Denzel brought the goods as always. I do think one more action scene wouldn't have gone amiss though.

But a solid trilogy overall. And if Denzel and Fuqua are down for me I would definitely go and watch them. 7.5/10

Enjoyed the 3rd movie even more upon re-watch. McCall felt even more brutal in this one. Stalking his enemies as they're close to dying and looking in their eyes as they die. I would definitely be down for more.

Just saw, thought it was a rock solid finish for a rock solid trilogy of films. These movies dont reinvent the wheel in any way but its just Fuqua and Denzel doing what they do very well.

It reminded me of an old Western with the gunslinger who wants to just retire and sees a chance of redemption by helping a small town.

I agree with the criticisms that there isn’t much action. And I never once felt McCall wasn’t in control of a situation. But it was still entertaining to me and I liked it better than the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"