Sequels The Eternals and Olympians for Thor 4

Surfer

Sentinel of the Spaceways
Reaction score
After Ragnarok I am hoping they will introduce the Eternals and the Olympians to the MCU. I would love to see a Battle between Thor and Hercules, Odin and Zeus and the Celestials landing on earth to create the Eternals. However, there has always been a problem in my mind with introducing both, because some of the Characters have similar names, powers and even looks. So to show that one group came from the Celestials and the other group came from Gaea and Ouranos, with no connection always seemed like too great a coincidence for the audience to buy it. So, with that said the options then becomes 1. Introduce only one of the 2 Groups and never use the other. 2. Introduce both Groups, but either change any of the characters that are too similar or avoid using them all together. For example Zeus and Zuras I would say not to use Zuras. However, a 3rd option came to mind. What if there was a way to connect their stories so it all made sense. So, I began doing some research on the matter and I noticed with both the Olympians and with the Eternals there were 2 Characters that seemed to be at the beginning of each story. Those Characters are Ouranos the Olympian and Uranos the Eternal, as well as Cronus the Olympian and Kronos the Eternal. In the Olympian Story Ouranos is the Father and Cronus is his Son. However, in the Eternals story Uranus and Kronos are Brothers. So, there is definitely some differences, but I tried to figure out how it would be best to try to connect these two groups. After much consideration, I decided that the best way is to have the Celestials create Kronos and Uranos using the Eternals story, along with several other first Generation Eternals. At this point the Olympian's still do not exist. Then to have Kronos mate with his Wife Daina (another Eternal) to create Zuras and Alar's (Mentor). Zuras will father Azura who will later become Thena, and Alar's will eventually mate with Sui San to give Birth to the Titan race including Thanos and Eros (Star Fox). However, back to how the Olympians fit into this. In Mythology and Marvel lore Ouranos mates with Gaea to create the race of Olympians. So, I started thinking since they are brothers in the Eternals story, what if I had Kronos from the Eternals mate with Gaea instead to create Zeus, Poseidon, Pluto, Hera and Hades of the Olympian bloodline with Zeus's line eventually leading to Hercules, Venus, Ares, Apollo, Athena and Hermes. Anyways, by doing so the Similarities of lets say Zuras and Zeus now have merit as they would be half brothers. Also, Gaea had relations with Odin which resulted in Thor, so it keeps the bloodlines connected between Asgardians and Olympians as well. So, I guess just like with the MCU it is all connected. Anyways, just some thoughts.

Surfer

Last edited:
I know everyone thinks that Hollywood should be or is gun shy about films based on Greek Mythology (or any mythology given GODS OF EGYPT...) but I think that's not only short sighted, but after the success of WONDER WOMAN just wrong. I think that the Eternals are... They've always had an odd place in the Marvel Comics universe. Originally Kirby created them and their mythos as a separate continuity from the mainline Marvel Universe. It was later writers that integrated them into the 616 Marvel continuity. As such I've never considered them like... well essential. Sure they have a place and parts of their story forms important back story elements to the comics as a whole now but... I think that weird way they got shoe horned has always made them seem besides the point to me. There have been some great stories with those characters and I like seeing some interactions with the other Marvel characters over the years. The issue where Hercules and Athena from the Olympians tangle with Thena and Ikaris is a fave of mine (actually the whole God Squad story where Herc leads a bunch of Eternals and deities to take on the Skrull pantheon during the Secret Invasion crossover is worth a read by anyone that likes the gods/Eternals in Marvel).

Now the Olympians, and specifically Hercules? Man... I think that adding them to the MCU adds a lot. Herc would be a good character for Thor to bounce off of, the Olympians could be interesting counterparts to the Asgardians and lets be honest here, the casting would be off the chain. You would have to find someone that was a match for Hemmsworth but also cast an actor to match Hopkins as Odin or get a great Ares to match Tom's Loki. Which I think would mean adding great talent into the mix again.

I say keep the Eternals, which are exclusive to Marvel, and dump the Olympians. Keep Herc as the Gilgamesh/The Forgotten One/Sampson of the group and cast Joe Manganiello to play him.

What blackmail does Joe have on people that he keeps getting suggested for parts on the Internet? No charisma, no chops, no presence. Nice guy, he comes off well in interviews, but he's as interesting as dish water. His abs are his lone qualification to play Hercules. Him getting cast as Slade Wilson (which should now be off the table than Zod...) was one of the few things I thought was REALLY botched in the DCEU.

What blackmail does Joe have on people that he keeps getting suggested for parts on the Internet? No charisma, no chops, no presence. Nice guy, he comes off well in interviews, but he's as interesting as dish water. His abs are his lone qualification to play Hercules. Him getting cast as Slade Wilson (which should now be off the table than Zod...) was one of the few things I thought was REALLY botched in the DCEU.

I thought Joe was great in Pee Wees Big Holiday and in How I Met Your Mother. And he certainly looks the part.

Doesn't Peter Quill count as an Eternal?
Even if they claim he's mortal now?

They could merge the two. Keep the best characters from each race. Have the eternals history of being manipulated by the celestials. Even have Thanos as a brother to Hercules.

Sure they'll come up with something.

They could merge the two. Keep the best characters from each race. Have the eternals history of being manipulated by the celestials. Even have Thanos as a brother to Hercules.

Sure they'll come up with something.

Personally, now that we know Ares was on the Sakaar building, I think that it would be great Foreshadowing for him to be one of the Villain's of Thor 4. I say only one of the Villains because I think that they should also introduce the Enchantress. Perhaps she has a beef with Thor because lets say in this universe Skurge was her brother and Thor did not save him. So she goes to Mount Olympus seeking Ares who is known to have a beef with Hercules. The dynamic between Enchantress and Ares could be very similar to the dynamic of the Enchantress and the Executioner in the comics. Their plan is for the Enchantress to seduce Hercules into battling Thor under a spell, and then Ares will go in and slaughter the already exhausted winner and loser. They can still of course introduce the Olympian's Hierarchy and even mix it to introduce the Eternals as I suggested in my original post above, to allow for other characters to be introduced, and even to expand them into other MCU movies.

At least that is what I would like to see.

Surfer

Last edited:
I honestly think the Eternals could support their own movie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced Marvel would do that, but I recently read Eternals #1 by Jack Kirby. There's such a wonderful Indiana Jones feel to it. Just make it Eternals vs. Deviants (with humans caught in the middle) and hinting at Celestial judgment to come. I don't necessarily think Thor needs to get involved unless he wants to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not convinced Marvel would do that, but I recently read Eternals #1 by Jack Kirby. There's such a wonderful Indiana Jones feel to it. Just make it Eternals vs. Deviants (with humans caught in the middle) and hinting at Celestial judgment to come. I don't necessarily think Thor needs to get involved unless he wants to.

I don't doubt they could, but are you saying the Eternals should be done and not they Olympians? Because if they introduce both the problem that I have is their similarities without a good explanation, which is why I suggested the connection at the top of this page to show they are connected through family. It explains why Zeus and Zuras look similar (as I made them half brothers) and why one group is Eternals and one group is Olympians.

Surfer

With Wonder Woman going straight up Greek mythology in the DCEU, I'm actually a fan of the MCU merging the Eternals and Greek mythology together. I very much would like to see Herc but would that be redundant now with the Thor/Hulk bromance? I don't think you'll see someone like Gorr or Desak in the MCU unless you introduce the concept of many gods. So they would need to introduce other pantheons as well - the more ancient the better I think - which means Set, Horus etc.

With Wonder Woman going straight up Greek mythology in the DCEU, I'm actually a fan of the MCU merging the Eternals and Greek mythology together. I very much would like to see Herc but would that be redundant now with the Thor/Hulk bromance? I don't think you'll see someone like Gorr or Desak in the MCU unless you introduce the concept of many gods. So they would need to introduce other pantheons as well - the more ancient the better I think - which means Set, Horus etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternals_(comics)
While Zuras ruled, three new Eternal cities were built. The first was Olympia, located in the mountains of Greece, near the main portal between the Earth dimension and the Olympians' home dimension, which lead many ancient Greeks to confuse some of the godlike Eternals with members of the Olympian pantheon. Eventually, an agreement was reached with the gods where some Eternals, such as Thena, would impersonate the Olympians before their worshipers. The other two Eternal cities were Polaria (located in Siberia) and Oceana (in the Pacific).

They definitely could. And it would be great!

GOTG 3 could be the perfect setup for that instead of Thor.

Someone approaches Pete with information about Celestials and Eternals. They set off on a mission to find their tomb and thus lay more foundation for the Marvel Space universe.

Thor doesn't have much of a connection.

Last edited:

That is correct as far as Jack Kirby was concerned since he didn't think the Eternals meshed well in the Marvel universe with all the other superheros and especially mythological gods that were already being utilized by Marvel. His vision of the series seems to have been for the most part stand-alone inspired as a comics riff on the whole ancient astronaut theory that was perpetuated in the '70's in various ways such as the books written by Zachariah Sitchen as the basis of various myths or certain religions around the world. Besides Marvel editorial having Jack Kirby loosely acknowledge the Marvel universe, his series seems to have mostly been stand-alone.

That being said, once the series ended loose ends were tied up in the Thor comic by Roy Thomas as the first major attempt at integrating the characters into the Marvel Universe and the arrival of the 4th Celestial Host was dealt with.

1978-1980: Thor: The Eternals Saga
2006: V1 Reprints Thor Annual 7 (1978) and Thor 283-291 (1979-1980)
2007: V2 Reprints Thor 292-301 (1980)
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/thor-the-eternals-saga/4050-36797/

After this Thor series, the history of the Eternals were then intertwined further into the Marvel Universe retconning a few things as well (mainly Titans and Uranians being Eternals) as side-story in:

1980-1981: What-If vol.1 23-30:

2008-2009: What-IF Classic 4+5 Re-prints these:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/what-if-classic/4050-28489/

Really almost any character can be utilized to introduce the Eternals at this point. So many other comics have done this further over the years but as a basis for Thor 4 I can see finding some companions as one of the things that a further movie might shoot for especially after what has happened to most of the Asgardians in the movies so far.

Last edited:
GOTG 3 could be the perfect setup for that instead of Thor.

Someone approaches Pete with information about Celestials and Eternals. They set off on a mission to find their tomb and thus lay more foundation for the Marvel Space universe.

I agree, Thor doesn't have a direct connection, which is actually unlogic if you think about it.
The oldest races/entities in the universe should've know about each other, especially in the days the dark elves used to be active in a dark universe, which would have affected everyone living in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"