Jan. 6: The Failed Insurrection of Donald Trump...

Remember guys you can link it with a warning. DO NOT EMBED IT ON THE SITE.
Sorry about that. Had to re-read the warning as I thought it couldn’t be embedded if the text/post itself contained foul language, not the video as well

I'm sure now that the storm has passed, Congress has adjourned, and absolutely no one has been held accountable for this, we can all just put this behind us in the surety that nothing like it will ever happen again.

Pelosi is introducing Articles of Impeachment.

In a way, I wish Trump committed this particular crime earlier after the November election so that there would be more time to put articles of impeachment into play and more time left on Trump's term. Doesn't it normally take a few weeks to go through the whole process by which time the 20th January would already have come round?

She's supposed to be giving a press conference today.

The impeachment effort, I think, will fail as I don’t see them getting enough GOP support to pull it off.

I hope I’m wrong though.

It really is staggering that after all this, and Trumps loss, they would still be hesitant to invoke the 25th. wtf will it take

The impeachment effort, I think, will fail as I don’t see them getting enough GOP support to pull it off.

I hope I’m wrong though.
Even if it does, it will help us weed out the real true believer cultists. There is also a lot of importance in at least trying to enforce democratic norms. Now is the time to fight to uphold democracy and hold the fascists accountable. We may not win, but we should fight using every legal option to make them pay and to restore the rule of law.

It really is staggering that after all this, and Trumps loss, they would still be hesitant to invoke the 25th. wtf will it take

My understanding… The 25th Amendment was primarily crafted to address a scenario where the prez is physically incapacitated/unconscious. But mental incapacitation is more problematic — inasmuch as the prez can reverse the 25 attempt with his own declaration of mental fitness. At which point, the VP/Cabinet and (eventually) a supermajority of Congress can decide the matter and boot out the prez. However, this takes time.

But time, itself, could be good. If Trump’s powers are tied up in a legal dispute, he might not get into much mischief. :shrug:

Its all so terribly shameful. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"