The Following shows have bitten the dust!

The Apatow Crew

New God
Reaction score
Cancelled!!
BLACK DONNELLYS, 7TH HEAVEN, SIX DEGREES, WEDDING BELLS ALL Get The Axe!!

NBC has cancelled "The Black Donnellys," ABC "Six Degrees," and The CW "7th Heaven" and "Wedding Bells."

Tuesday morning’s Variety has specifics and loads of other scheduling news, but nothing on when and where “Studio 60” might return.

Networks clean house

'Heaven,' 'Donnellys,' others get the axe

It was a Bloody Monday in TV land as the nets delivered bad news to the casts and crews of several skeins, including "The Wedding Bells," "Six Degrees," "7th Heaven" and "The Black Donnellys."

Prognosis was a bit more upbeat for some skeins, with NBC slotting "The Real Wedding Crashers" in a primo slot behind "Heroes" and the CW finally confirming a home for long-delayed drama "Hidden Palms."
First, the bad news. "Bells," from David E. Kelley, has halted production and will air at least one more time.

Comedic drama had a rough Friday, averaging a 1.4/5 in the demo. Fox will keep "Bells" on the air this week; net had already planned to preempt it next week for a run of "White Chicks." It's unlikely "Bells" will return after that.
Seven episodes of "Bells" had been produced when the call was made on Monday to shut the show down. "Bells" had an unusual trek to the air: Kelley was called into duty and asked to rework an old ABC pilot to replace another wedding-themed show -- "The Wedding Album" -- which had originally been ordered to air but was ultimately axed.

"While we've been pleased with the show creatively, and David's writing was first-rate, the show just didn't secure the ratings we'd hoped for," a Fox spokesman said.

Also on the chopping block: ABC's "Six Degrees," which is off the air immediately.

"Six Degrees" was deep sixed after viewers completely ignored the show's return to the Alphabet web two weeks ago. Show averaged a 1.1 rating/4 share among adults 18-49 in its final airing on Friday, leading ABC to a rough fifth-place finish among the broadcast webs.
"Wife Swap" repeats will now air in the Friday 9 p.m. spot.

Then there's the case of the bouncing "Notes From the Underbelly" scheduling. Confirmed just a week ago for the juicy post-"Grey's Anatomy" slot on Thursday nights, "Underbelly" now has yet another new home: Wednesdays at 8:30, behind "According to Jim."
"Underbelly" will still premiere in the Thursday 10 p.m. spot, with back-to-back episodes on April 12. But the show will then move to its regular Wednesday slot the following week on April 18.

That's because the Alphabet web has been pleasantly surprised by "October Road," which performed well Thursday despite airing behind a "Grey's Anatomy" repeat. Rather than rock the boat, ABC will now bring "Road" back for its final two episodes on April 19 and 26.

Over at NBC, net will yank Paul Haggis-Bobby Moresco drama "The Black Donnellys" from its posh Monday-night perch in order to make room for its new reality take on "Wedding Crashers."

"Donnellys" had been slated to air most of its 13-seg run at 10 p.m. Mondays. Assuming NBC doesn't pull the plug sooner, "Donnellys" will end April 16, getting to air just eight episodes on Mondays -- with only two of those segs airing behind original episodes of "Heroes."

Drama hasn't fared well in the ratings recently. Despite a solid "Deal or No Deal" lead-in, last week's seg sank to third place in the 10 p.m. hour, losing even to the season finale of "What About Brian."
What's bad for "Donnellys" is good for "Crashers," however.

Skein, a cross between "Punk'd" and "Beauty and the Geek," will bow Monday, April 23, at 10 p.m. It will follow the premiere episode of the third installment in the first season of "Heroes."

There had been talk that "Crashers" would air Sunday nights. But Peacock execs liked early episodes of the show and decided it deserved to get a crack at the post-"Heroes" timeslot.

Katalyst Films and New Line Television are producing "Crashers."
As for "Hidden Palms," the CW had hoped to debut the mystery drama in January or March but decided to spare it from the "American Idol" machine.
Now, "Palms" will bow Wednesday, May 30, at 8 p.m. Net has eight original episodes in the can and said it has options on the cast that will allow it to return if it shows a pulse.

The CW is pairing "Palms" with three original segs of "One Tree Hill." Skein returns from hiatus May 2 at 9 p.m. and will remain in originals through mid-June.

Meanwhile, the CW has pulled the plug on "7th Heaven" -- again.
Network on Monday confirmed that the long-running drama, which outlived its original home of the WB, will not be back next season. CW execs made a similar pronouncement a year ago, then changed their minds and brought the show back for another season.

"Heaven's" death is also notable since the show is the last remaining network series to be exec produced by the late Aaron Spelling.

Skein has done respectable numbers in its new Sunday timeslot. While way down from its glory years, skein has averaged 3.4 million viewers and a 1.9 rating with women 18-34.
"Heaven" will go to TV heaven on Sunday, May 13, at 8 p.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117962405.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1&p=0

Wel l igotta say i'm surpised there taking of black donnellys after the critics like it and it had al lthis hype and buzz around it. but i guess critical acclaim doesn't pay NBC's bills.

That's a shame about BLACK DONNELLYS and Sixth Degrees.
I never got to watch Six Degrees but I imagine that it could've done well,it's a neat idea for a show.
And my god The Black Donnellys was just straight up bad ass. I wish I supported more. :csad: So long hot guys. :down

Sixth Degrees wasn't that bad. They brought it back on a ****ty timeslot though, so it's not like they had any interest in keeping it afloat.

I thought the Black Donnely's was a Huge hit.

**** NBC !!! :cmad: :down Well not entirely since they still have Heroes for me to enjoy :o

I hope TBD gets picked by some other network (ala JAG going from NBC to CBS).

what about the other nets?

never watched donelly's, but I have to say, in Canada, the ads and previews for it, just make it look terrible. Infact, I find that most shows that air on Global in Canada, are crap. Channel 3 sucks balls for the most part. The only thing they have worth watching is the feed from fox for 24 and House. otherwise, i'd say it's one of the worst channels out there.

Anyhow, as for this year, I don't think there was one new show that really caught my attention. Maybe heroes, but I'm just too lazy to get into at the momment. But everything else I've seen new this year, has not really had me enthusiastic.

Wow... NBC is cutthroat... "Yeah, it's a good show, but nobody's watching... SLICE!" You'd think they'd up their marketting if they have good shows on hand...

I'm still wondering why they just didn't leave 7th heaven dead when the WB canned. Did the Cw actually need to bring it back for one more season to just can it themselfs?

I don't watch network TV shows except for The Simpsons and Family Guy so I'm not missing much.

Don´t care about any of these shows, 7th Heaven always felt to me like a throwback at how conservative TV used to be in the past and I have zero nostalgia of that.

I kinda liked 7th Heaven back in the day, but it got very terrible with the last 2 or 3 seasons. Besides, this season without any of the Camden kids, except the 2 little ones, was terrible. I hope Stephen Collins does more movies and stuff.

Haha @ The Black Donnellys. It needed Heroes for it's viewers. Without Heroes, it was only a game of how long can it stay on air.

Damnit,I was pulling for Six Degrees.I knew it was going to get cancelled though.

Wow.

:dry:

You seriously don't know what you are missing.
well if it make you feel any better, back when I was in Junior and High School I used to watch a lot of TV:

Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
Blossom
Hanging With Mr. Cooper
Beverly Hills 90210
Quantum Leap
Full House
Perfect Strangers
Family Matters
Martin
Step By Step
In Living Color
Herman's Head
Married With Children

....not that was good TV. :up:

Wow.

well if it make you feel any better, back when I was in Junior and High School I used to watch a lot of TV:

Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
Blossom
Hanging With Mr. Cooper
Beverly Hills 90210
Quantum Leap
Full House
Perfect Strangers
Family Matters
Martin
Step By Step
In Living Color
Herman's Head
Married With Children

....now that was good TV. :up:

Wow.

Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
Blossom
Hanging With Mr. Cooper
Beverly Hills 90210
Quantum Leap
Full House
Perfect Strangers
Family Matters
Martin
Step By Step
In Living Color
Herman's Head
Married With Children

....now that was good TV. :up:

I didn't watch any of the shows that got axed, so I am a bit ambivalent toward them.

Six degrees shouldve been cancelled a long time ago..

"and that all there is to it." -- Bubbles

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"