The Food Network Thread

After shelving cookware in a department store today, I now resent her for being famous enough to have a line of pots & pans.

Just throwing it out there... Anyone else get really annoyed by Paula Deen? I think she plays up on being Southern way too much. That's just the vibe I've gotten any time I've watched some of her show. Anytime I hear her name I just picture her saying, "Butter ya'll!".

I met her at her restaurant in Savannah one time. It's not an act. She's really like that. Her country fried steak and gravy is out of this world.

I met her at her restaurant in Savannah one time. It's not an act. She's really like that. Her country fried steak and gravy is out of this world.

Was she there hanging out on her own time or was it some sort of event? If it was an event maybe she was asked to "get into character" so to speak. I've been thinking that maybe her producers ask her to play up on being Southern.

I'm glad to see a thread on this. I love the Food Network! My mother, my sister, and my sister's husband are all chefs. Plus big cooking was always important with my grandmothers too. So I have a big love of food and a large variety of cuisines.

Tyler Florence and Rachael Ray are a couple of my favorites. I also like Bobby Flay and Alton Brown. Brown is so cool cause he adds all the cool science tips in his show, plus he goofy guy. He's based right out of my town here in Atlanta!

Oh and I don't like Paula at all Holiday. It's not her southerness that bothers me. I mean I'm a southern guy so that's right up my alley. I just think she comes across as a bit full of herself and a little too cocky. And personally I don't think she makes a whole lot of appealing meals

Was she there hanging out on her own time or was it some sort of event? If it was an event maybe she was asked to "get into character" so to speak. I've been thinking that maybe her producers ask her to play up on being Southern.

This was back before she had the show.

Oh and I don't like Paula at all Holiday. It's not her southerness that bothers me. I mean I'm a southern guy so that's right up my alley. I just think she comes across as a bit full of herself and a little too cocky. And personally I don't think she makes a whole lot of appealing meals

It's not her southerness that annoys me(I'm a southerner myself), just how fake she comes across. But I see where Metamorpho1977 mentioned she was like that in real life before she had a show so maybe that is just her...

It's not her southerness that annoys me(I'm a southerner myself), just how fake she comes across. But I see where Metamorpho1977 mentioned she was like that in real life before she had a show so maybe that is just her...

Either way, she annoys me to know end and I turn her off any time I see her on tv

i like drive thur and dine in they go to differnt restruns and eat different foods.

Id like to see Gordon Ramsay on Iron Chef America
I want to see him be a judge. You know he'd drop one too many f-bombs and insults in relation to someone's food, and Cat Cora would probably leap across the table and claw his eyes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"