The JJ Abrams Thread

Why does he have to be a Trekkie, or have a connection to Trek? Mayer and Abrams where not Trekkies and both did a great job. What you need is respect for the franchise itself. If you don't, you get Stuart Baird. Trekkie or no, just give us a top director who knows what he's doing.

To be honest I think JJ will do a great job on Star Wars.
Its his thing anyway, he's on record countless times saying he was more Wars than Trek. I love Star Wars, I just love Trek more, but that said, I still want a good Star Wars movie too. JJ lifted Trek out of the doldrums with his reboot, and I think with the first movie he really managed the impossible with giving a prequel without tying himself down to the established canon. A really good job.
Just imagine what he'll do with the budget of a Star Wars movie, no problems about breaking from the established canon, (sequels rather than prequels), its gonna be (should be) freakin awesome.

I agree with everything, although i'm more SW fan than ST.

Still think Super 8 is Abrams's best film so far

Super_8_Poster.jpg

Any guess at what Abrams will do after Force Awakens? I frankly hope he doesn't Direct Episode IX, as i like the SW films to have a different Director each. Would be nice to see him do another original passion project. While it's a controversial idea, i would like to see him tackle the eventual 5th Indiana Jones film if Spielberg doesn't come back.

What the. I don't even remember creating this thread haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"