The Force Awakens How much influence is JJ Abrams going to have?

A lot of influence. Bring on Chewie vs. the Smoke Monster!!!!!

The less disney is involved in making the movie the better. JJ, has always shot on film, and the prequels and so many of Disney's big budget movies are all on some type of video. That will be the first thing to make sure he gets to shoot this movie on film.

Arguably he did revive the franchise, financially speaking.

Though, some fans might argue it wasn't worth it, since he turned it into a generic action flick.

Ironically, I'm not even a big Star Trek fan, but I appreciate why fans liked the old show / movies, and why they dislike the Abrams movies. Problem is they could only appeal to a limited audience.

Yeah, but people actually care about Star Trek now. His movies also brought new fans.

Last edited:
Probably, but if this is what they expect, I can't see them getting into old Star Trek.

Best case scenario, they take the new Trek, the old Trek, and they reach a happy medium in the future.

Matt Reeves directing could help bridge that gap.

But whether people like it or not, he made ST relevant again, even if he did it in an unorthodox way for the franchise. They can easily go back to the more expedition-y nature of the saga later. What JJ did was necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"