The Lords of Salem

Yeah, for as weird as it is, it's rather inert. There's no sense of urgency.

Very good point.

SPOILERS AHEAD

At the end, when they get to the concert there's no conclusion with Heidi and the Hermans. She just says "bye" and that's that. I felt like more should have been done with that. It fell flat instead.

I just got back from it, such a weird movie it's tough to even form an opinion on it.

I suppose I would lean toward saying it was reasonably good.

It's disturbing and unique, Sheri Moon was ok I guess, not particularly good or bad.
The witches, particularly Meg Foster (didn't even realize that was her until I lookded at the credits) were pretty great.

Definitely much better than his Halloweens, nowhere near as good as Rejects. It felt like it had a Kubrick vibe.

I just got back from it, such a weird movie it's tough to even form an opinion on it.

I suppose I would lean toward saying it was reasonably good.

It's disturbing and unique, Sheri Moon was ok I guess, not particularly good or bad.
The witches, particularly Meg Foster (didn't even realize that was her until I lookded at the credits) were pretty great.

Definitely much better than his Halloweens, nowhere near as good as Rejects. It felt like it had a Kubrick vibe.

Very true. He has yet to top Rejects. I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having a hard time forming a solid opinion on the film. It was just too ****ing strange.

Has anyone seen Beyond the Black Rainbow ? I think this film has a similar psychedelic vibe ( based on reviews). I thought that film was ok , but not very engaging. However I really like Zombie's visual style and might enjoy LOS more.

I think Black Swan is the only relatively recent movie that I can think of to compare this to with the nightmarish "is this in her head or not" story and tone.

Visually this is worthy of comparison to that, the acting isn't even close though.

I enjoyed it, personally. I loved the atmosphere. It did have some unintentionally funny moments, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"