The Lost Boys - Rob Thomas developing adaptation for The CW

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
CW's 'Charmed,' 'Lost Boys' Reboots Will Be Redeveloped Next Season (Exclusive)
The new take, which landed at The CW with a script commitment, reimagines the film over seven seasons (and 70 years) with each frame covering a decade. In success, the first run will be set in San Francisco during 1967's so-called Summer of Love. Each season will see the humans, setting, antagonist and story all change. Only the vampires — aka the Lost Boys — will remain the same.
The younger-skewing network has opted to roll development on its high-profile adaptations of Charmed and The Lost Boys to next season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

With little room on its schedule, the network is sticking with six pilot orders this season — even with last year. While neither The Lost Boys nor Charmed were among the orders, both hail from important producers to the network in Rob Thomas (iZombie) and Jennie Snyder Urman (Jane the Virgin).
Curious to know whether this would be canon with the film, in the same way as something like The Exorcist, or using the title and more or less doing it's own thing, like Teen Wolf. Either way, I'd love to see Thomas' tone applied to vampires. I don't see him playing into making them romance novel heroes or complete monsters, as it's often one or the other. Considering iZombie, I have to assume things will skew slightly more comedic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"