The MLB 2007 Thread

There's a lot of talk that the Mets will go after Johan Santana during the Winter Meetings.

I don't know what will happen. The Twins should keep Santana but you don't plan on it, getting 2 draft picks for him isn't worth it. The Mets may have to deal most of their top young talent but considering you will have the best pitcher in baseball during his prime for 5-7 years (I don't see a deal happening if there's no contract extension), the Twins could pretty much name their price.

I don't know what will happen. The Twins should keep Santana but you don't plan on it, getting 2 draft picks for him isn't worth it. The Mets may have to deal most of their top young talent but considering you will have the best pitcher in baseball during his prime for 5-7 years (I don't see a deal happening if there's no contract extension), the Twins could pretty much name their price.
and isn't tom glavin leaving after this year?

and isn't tom glavin leaving after this year?
He had an option which would be guaranteed if he pitched 200 innings. He also had a clause that let him decline it if it was guaranteed which he has done. He's likely gone. Whether he will go back to the Braves or even play a year for the Nationals (a possibility I've heard) is up in the air. But that abomination on Sunday was his last game as a Met.

pretty much. i have no idea how arizona pulled off the best record in the nl. they're a mediocre team, in my opinion.

Having watched just about every one of their games, they should be mediocre by all accounts. But thier pen (particulary Pena, Lyon, and Valverde) have been oustanding all season. Their record in 1-run games is the main reason, just lucky as hell.

pretty much. i have no idea how arizona pulled off the best record in the nl. they're a mediocre team, in my opinion.

well yeah a mediocre team in a mediocre league. thats how they got best record.

How rich do you feel... or at least how rich does Minaya feel? Milledge Pelfre Schoenweiss/Heilman? I say just wait till he hits the market in 09.

I don't think the Red Sox fear any team at this point.

Just before JD hit that grand slam they were saying how he hasn't done much in the post season and I was thinking, "Ya know, it's those people how you wouldn't ever think of,who end up coming out with a gland slam or that home run that wins the big game" Sure enough, grand slam!...dead seroius that I was thinking that before he hit that.

Just before JD hit that grand slam they were saying how he hasn't done much in the post season and I was thinking, "Ya know, it's those people how you wouldn't ever think of,who end up coming out with a gland slam or that home run that wins the big game" Sure enough, grand slam!...dead seroius that I was thinking that before he hit that.

I still miss Trot though :csad:

I thought Drew was going to take a pitch away that would be called a strike and then swing at a sinker that broke down out of the strikezone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"