New Mutants "The New Mutants" will establish the continuity status of "Logan"

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Anybody is overlooking the importance of "The New Mutants" in the X-Men continuity.
We got a 34 years old Roberto da Costa/Sunspot (Adan Canto) in year 2023 (DOFP). This means that Sunspot will be 18 years old in the mid-2000s or late-2000s. Besides, we also know that Illyana/Magik is the little sister of Colossus, and we already got an adult Piotr/Colossus in 1999/2000.
So "The New Mutants" is placed in the 2000s, I would say 2008 or so.
If there are NO reference to the mutant race going gradually "extinct" or the lack of mutant births since 2004, we can safely assume that "Logan" is an alternate continuity. Hopefully.
"The New Mutants" could be the final milestone in the continuity and the key to understand the fate of the revised timeline better.

This is a rather moot point considering the Fox universe is practically dead and gone, and is never coming back. The MCU will wipe the slate clean and start over and Fox has never been overly concerned about continuity and thinking too much about it will make anyone’s head explode.

WTF cares? Logan was 3 years ago and that franchise is done

lol well the franchise is dead. Accept that

Finished, yes. It earned 6 billion of dollars worldwide, without counting the STELLAR video sales for each movie.
Accept this, MCU kid.

lol mcu kid? Not even a lil bit. And yea dark pheonix had stellar sales. Such a hit. Fox men is gone. Get over it fox kid

I know, little kid. Truth hurts.

Hundreds of thousands of cinematic X-Men fans scattered all over the world. Respect that.

I consider myself a pretty massive fan of the Fox X-men universe, but even I can't bring myself to give a single **** about how New Mutants could fit into the continuity. It just doesn't matter anymore. Nothing will ever build off of New Mutants, it will never tie back into anything or cross over with anything, there's just no point in viewing it as anything other than a standalone story.

I consider myself a pretty massive fan of the Fox X-men universe, but even I can't bring myself to give a single **** about how New Mutants could fit into the continuity. It just doesn't matter anymore. Nothing will ever build off of New Mutants, it will never tie back into anything or cross over with anything, there's just no point in viewing it as anything other than a standalone story.

I understand your current perspective, but part of the fun for me is retrofitting this movie into the bigger scenario. Deadpool and Logan are two alternate universes, but this one has enough potential to belong to the Mainstream Continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"