The Night of the Hunter - Scott Derrickson Directing New Adaptation

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Hunter told the story of Harry Powell, a murderous ex-con who takes up the identity of a preacher in order to do his misdeeds. While in prison, a cellmate slated for execution tells Powell how he hid stolen cash with his kids. Then upon release, Powell finds the widow, woos her and marries her, all in a bid to find the loot. Things only gets worse for the kids from there.
Risky endeavor, with how highly regarded the Mitchum film is. But Derrickson and Cargill have the goods.

Hell yeah Derrickson and Cargill are back

VxoQ.gif

Jesse Plemons as Harry Powell. I will not take any questions.

They’ve still got the next Black Phone to do first, so I’m curious about how long before we see some casting for this.

It's an adaptation of a book so I'm not gonna whine like how twitter will, but this will be a tough follow. Black Phone was cool though. This should be entertaining at the very least.

Weird to see some people giving Derrickson and Cargill **** for doing nearly the same thing GDT did with Nightmare Alley a few years back.

Well I would say that night of the Hunter is a towering monolith in the way that nightmare alley is not and Scott Derrickson is no Del Toro

I love Derrickson's (and Cargill's) work, but yes, he's no GDT.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm generally open to a well-done reimagination of a good book, but the Charles Laughton adaptation truly is excellent.

I would not react favorably to anyone remaking Night of the Hunter tbh. Maybe a Scorsese, but even though I would raise my eyebrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"