Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Also the download and installation times so far for me are incredible. Like I said I have a very good internet with a router that I have an open NAT type. And I’m downloading games some that are very big in short periods. No joke. So much faster than on my ps4.

Also the download and installation times so far for me are incredible. Like I said I have a very good internet with a router that I have an open NAT type. And I’m downloading games some that are very big in short periods. No joke. So much faster than on my ps4.
Great to hear!

I got mine on launch day but at first I wasn’t supposed to because the day before GameStop called me and said there was going to be a delay and that I might have to wait till Friday or Saturday to get it depending on when the shipment would get there.

So I was kinda bummed and I had Thursday and Friday off but whatever I wasn’t really supposed to get it till next week because I was the second wave of preorders. So anyway I called on launch day and they told me they got them and I got it.

I started the Spider-Man Remastered and oh my god the graphics are crazy and the loads times lol. Played the opening mission of Miles to and that was great.

I got mine on launch day but at first I wasn’t supposed to because the day before GameStop called me and said there was going to be a delay and that I might have to wait till Friday or Saturday to get it depending on when the shipment would get there.

So I was kinda bummed and I had Thursday and Friday off but whatever I wasn’t really supposed to get it till next week because I was the second wave of preorders. So anyway I called on launch day and they told me they got them and I got it.

I started the Spider-Man Remastered and oh my god the graphics are crazy and the loads times lol. Played the opening mission of Miles to and that was great.
Glad you got it! :)

Y'know, as far as I can remember, the PS5 might just be the 1st console in my 30+ years of gaming that I actually got on launch day!
I'm planning to get it in my launch month (next month) in my country. I got ps1/ps2 late in its cycle, no ps3, then ps4 in early 2017.

Ok, here are the results of my loading time comparison tests. I tested out SF V, Soul Calibur VI, FF 7 Remake, Persona 5 Royal, Diablo 3, and UFC 4. Comparing the games running on the PS4 Pro internal drive, PS5 SSD, and PS5 external hdd.

1st # is the Initial Logo/Title Loading Time and 2nd # is the Match/Save Loading Time.

SFV
PS4 Pro: 40s / 22s
PS5 SSD: 13s / 17s
PS5 Ext: 14s / 17s

Soul Calibur VI
PS4 Pro: 32s / 27-32s
PS5 SSD: 12s / 20-21s
PS5 Ext: 14s / 21-24s

FF 7 Remake
PS4 Pro: 33s / 26s
PS5 SSD: 20s / 18s
PS5 Ext: 20s / 28s

Persona 5 Royal
PS4 Pro: 20s / 6s
PS5 SSD: 11s / 4s
PS5 Ext: 12s / 5s

Diablo 3
PS4 Pro: 32s / 32s
PS5 SSD: 17s / 8s
PS5 Ext: 19s / 23s

UFC 4
PS4 Pro: 29s / 26s
PS5 SSD: 20s / 10s
PS5 Ext: 21s / 21s

As you can see by the results, the PS5 SSD load times are MUCH faster than the PS4 Pro, both for the initial loading of the game and loading saves/matches.

Even running the games off an external hdd offers improvements to load times on the PS5. Not as fast as running directly from the ssd, but still faster than the PS4 Pro. The one notable exception was loading a save in FF 7 Remake, which actually took slightly longer than the PS4 Pro.

This is great news (for me at least) because it means you can still get loading speed benefits from the PS5 even running games off an external. Not the full benefit, but still something at least. Plus, you still get the auto-HDR benefit which I mentioned in an earlier post.

With these results, I now feel comfortable storing all of my PS4 games on an external to free up space on the internal ssd for PS5 games. I was worried that I would lose all of the speed benefits of the internal SSD, but as these results show, that is not the case. There is still some benefit to be had. So, this will be good enough until external ssd storage gets cheaper and larger (like a 4-5TB external ssd for $200).

Hope this helps and was informative for anyone who is curious about this stuff. And now, with all this testing out of the way, I can actually play my new PS5 games! :oldrazz:
Thanks for this, useful info. The SSD improvements of this gen really make a difference. Permanent technological advancement that is here to stay. :cwink:

Played about a hour of astro playroom the controls are a game changer. I am surprised figure it would be overrated like hd rumble on switch but no the controls are amazing you really can tell the difference with rumble on different things and you really can fell like what fells like rain. Spiderman mm played for about 6 hours now looks a good amount better than spiderman on ps4 and web swining seems faster. Do wish the game had more villains. I am almost at the end I have not done much side stuff will save side stuff for second play threw on new game +. I like the story more in spiderman ps4 but the story is still good here to and main the action set peaces are something else. I am waiting to get the pathless on disc in the mail thought I would have it on day 1 but I have not gotten it in the mail yet or a updated just emailed the company to see what is going on with that. So right now I only have spiderman mm with the remasters of marvels spiderman and the preinstalled astro bots. I have not tried any ps4 games yet. I do want to replay the last guardian with hearing it runs a lot better on ps5 it had a lot of frame rate drops on ps4.

Thanks for this, useful info. The SSD improvements of this gen really make a difference. Permanent technological advancement that is here to stay. :cwink:
Agreed. Having upgraded to a few newer laptops with SSDs, once you experience the overall fastness of SSD, it is hard to go back to regular hdd.

So, I'm happy the tech is finally coming to gaming and will only become more commonplace. Hopefully that will also lead to cheaper prices and bigger SSD storage options in the near future. For example, once a 4-5TB external SSD becomes available for, say, <$200, I can migrate all of my PS4 games to that external SSD to get more of the speed benefit.

Still, I am quite pleased that, even running PS4 games off of an external hdd, you still can experience some boosts in loading time speeds due to the internal specs of the PS5 (I'm assuming). Plus, something like applying auto-HDR to even non-HDR PS4 games is just a nice added bonus!!

Agreed. Having upgraded to a few newer laptops with SSDs, once you experience the overall fastness of SSD, it is hard to go back to regular hdd.

So, I'm happy the tech is finally coming to gaming and will only become more commonplace. Hopefully that will also lead to cheaper prices and bigger SSD storage options in the near future. For example, once a 4-5TB external SSD becomes available for, say, <$200, I can migrate all of my PS4 games to that external SSD to get more of the speed benefit.

Still, I am quite pleased that, even running PS4 games off of an external hdd, you still can experience some boosts in loading time speeds due to the internal specs of the PS5 (I'm assuming). Plus, something like applying auto-HDR to even non-HDR PS4 games is just a nice added bonus!!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to when large SSDs become affordable. HDR is also an awesome tech that makes a bigger difference to visuals than many other effects.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to when large SSDs become affordable. HDR is also an awesome tech that makes a bigger difference to visuals than many other effects.
Well, I just experienced my first taste of the in-game benefits of the SSD playing Demon's Souls. Stepping through the fog barriers and entering the next area is seamless and basically instant. Also dying at the first boss and waking up in the Nexus area. Such a thing would have generated loading screens and uncomfortable elevator sequences in the past!

And HDR is another one of those things that once you experience it, it's hard to go back to non-HDR content.

Well, I just experienced my first taste of the in-game benefits of the SSD playing Demon's Souls. Stepping through the fog barriers and entering the next area is seamless and basically instant. Also dying at the first boss and waking up in the Nexus area. Such a thing would have generated loading screens and uncomfortable elevator sequences in the past!

And HDR is another one of those things that once you experience it, it's hard to go back to non-HDR content.
Dying repeatedly will be less painful when you have to spend much less time sitting through tonnes of loading screens. Very convenient when you are playing any Souls games. :D

Dying repeatedly will be less painful when you have to spend much less time sitting through tonnes of loading screens. Very convenient when you are playing any Souls games. :D
It's perfect for your inner sadist! :twisted:

Beat spiderman mm early Sunday and started a second play threw on newgame+ this time going to try to 100% has I only really did main stuff on my first play threw that took about 8 hours.

beat astro playroom on ps5. I think it's only like a 4 hour game but lots of fun and man the way the rumble/triggers work is amazing. There was one area with like a jet back thing where the triggers give you this like sinsation like the air is coming back below you type of thing hard to explain but such a amazing/realistic fell to it. The last boss was epic hope they make like another Astros game but longer.

So something I have noticed that is annoying and I got to think there is some setting in the systems settings but not sure what it would be called but when I like change input with ps5 on it like turns the system of.

Tommorrow is the release here in Germany, i hope everybody gets his...would suck if not.

Personally i still dont know how to do it.
Of course currently there is no PS5 avaliable to buy so its not like i can choose right this moment.
But im in general not sure if i should wait until the bundles come out or not.

I do like the idea of having the Console under the Christmas Tree, that would be neat as hell.
But on the other hand i rather want to wait to see what kind of software and hardware failures may show up in the first phase.
But then its also possible that i cant make a choice because of how limited they have mad it to order the PS5.

Really hard to say how my start in the next gen should happen.

But either way, im happy for all who can enjoy the PS5 now and after Tommorrow.

arctis7p-press-image.jpg

so this is a fake picture, right? or does the LED light really go all around the console?

So I decided I'm not going to pick up the Ps5 this year. The thing is the store I'm buying games is only accepting pre orders for 5 minutes tomorrow and I didn't even sign up for their email thing for the ps5 and I really don't do pre orders. I just don't feel right by dropping 560 dollars in an instant for something that I'm not even sure I would get due to limited supply of the ps5. I prefer going to the store, seeing the thing and paying in cash or if I have to pre order, I should only paying like less than 50% similar to their games. Pre ordering games here only cost 10 dollars.

Whats really annoying is getting the console is like a competition. They keep saying its because of the pandemic and I feel I have heard that for everything this year.
560 dollars is a lot of money and Sony really should have manufactured millions of copies in advance since they announced ps5 before lockdowns were happening around the world.

I also have like 20+ ps4 games that are in my waitlist and I'm not even in a hurry to buy those games. I'm not even sure what I would want to play neXt after the new Assassin's Creed. Plus surprisingly I'm getting some fatigue playing games almost every single day even though I only bought 3 games since September. Some like Control, Mortal Kombat 11, Devil May Cry 5, Days Gone would look better in the ps5 but I'm playing ps4 games just fine in the ps4. For eXample, people are saying Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed keep crashing but I only experienced those crashing once in Watch Dogs during the main game. So my ps4 is still in good shape and I don't even care about loading times. Plus my new hdr Sony tv already makes my ps4 games look better.

Also the only available ps5 game out there that I'm buying is Miles Morales, and that is also accessible to the ps4 and I'm waiting for that game to be under 30 dollars. So there's really no big reason for me to buy a ps5 right now. Parts of the world already got the console and I'm just doing fine with the ps4. And getting an eXpensive console or any equipment shouldn't be such a hassle. Maybe in February when its out there in the stores and ready to be bought up in an instant, I would but even at that time, there's still not many games I would want to buy right away like full priced games.

So I decided I'm not going to pick up the Ps5 this year. The thing is the store I'm buying games is only accepting pre orders for 5 minutes tomorrow and I didn't even sign up for their email thing for the ps5 and I really don't do pre orders. I just don't feel right by dropping 560 dollars in an instant for something that I'm not even sure I would get due to limited supply of the ps5. I prefer going to the store, seeing the thing and paying in cash or if I have to pre order, I should only paying like less than 50% similar to their games. Pre ordering games here only cost 10 dollars.

Whats really annoying is getting the console is like a competition. They keep saying its because of the pandemic and I feel I have heard that for everything this year.
560 dollars is a lot of money and Sony really should have manufactured millions of copies in advance since they announced ps5 before lockdowns were happening around the world.

I also have like 20+ ps4 games that are in my waitlist and I'm not even in a hurry to buy those games. I'm not even sure what I would want to play neXt after the new Assassin's Creed. Plus surprisingly I'm getting some fatigue playing games almost every single day even though I only bought 3 games since September. Some like Control, Mortal Kombat 11, Devil May Cry 5, Days Gone would look better in the ps5 but I'm playing ps4 games just fine in the ps4. For eXample, people are saying Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed keep crashing but I only experienced those crashing once in Watch Dogs during the main game. So my ps4 is still in good shape and I don't even care about loading times. Plus my new hdr Sony tv already makes my ps4 games look better.

Also the only available ps5 game out there that I'm buying is Miles Morales, and that is also accessible to the ps4 and I'm waiting for that game to be under 30 dollars. So there's really no big reason for me to buy a ps5 right now. Parts of the world already got the console and I'm just doing fine with the ps4. And getting an eXpensive console or any equipment shouldn't be such a hassle. Maybe in February when its out there in the stores and ready to be bought up in an instant, I would but even at that time, there's still not many games I would want to buy right away like full priced games.
Hey, no harm in waiting. Sounds like you can still get plenty of use out of your PS4.

Just hope when you do decide to upgrade to the PS5, stock of the console will be more readily available to purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"