Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Has anyone gotten an email to buy a PS5 from Sony through their Playstation Store? Got one myself and trying to find out if it is legit or not. I did sign up for the chance months ago but naturally I am suspicious of email that asks you to have your credit card ready and gives you a custom link to click on.

From what I can tell, it is legit though. It's not valid until tomorrow morning so I have about 12 hours to decide and bite the bullet.

Has anyone gotten an email to buy a PS5 from Sony through their Playstation Store? Got one myself and trying to find out if it is legit or not. I did sign up for the chance months ago but naturally I am suspicious of email that asks you to have your credit card ready and gives you a custom link to click on.

From what I can tell, it is legit though. It's not valid until tomorrow morning so I have about 12 hours to decide and bite the bullet.
Can you check the link address before clicking on it?

I did but that does not mean it is not faked somehow. If it is fake though, they really put in the effort.

edit: emailplaystation.com seems sketchy but everything I have found says it is not.

Last edited:
I looked itup its legit according to reddit users. But I would prefer to be paying this in person than online / carrying it out of the store than waiting it to be delivered @ home because things could happen.

I did but that does not mean it is not faked somehow. If it is fake though, they really put in the effort.

edit: emailplaystation.com seems sketchy but everything I have found says it is not.
Do you mean email.playstation.com?

That is legit since the domain (playstation.com) is registered by SIE:
https://whois.domaintools.com/playstation.com

emailplaystation.com, however, is definitely not to be trusted.

It was legit. That or they have so impressively imitated Sony's real sites they should take over running them because the emailplaystation.com redirected (after a roughly 30 minute queue) to direct.playstation.com and their actual store.

It should be here by next Thursday at the latest if their 2-3 day shipping holds up. They won't ship until Monday (because it was after 12 pm PST) which means I have to wait nearly a week. :woo:

And if it turns out this really was a scam then I'll report the fraud, cancel the card and get back in line to wait even longer from someone like Amazon or BestBuy or Target who does not use a wonky system to sell the consoles.

Two things I forgot to add are first, the prior emails I have gotten from Playstation's newsletter all come from that same address (It didn't occur to me to check that until I read someone else had similar concerns about the sketchy sounding site) and secondly, when I took the jump, the billing address was the one used by Sony in California.

All that being said, I would recommend anyone who gets an email saying they are qualifiying for a PS5 to be extremely cautious as well and not jump at it without doing everything you can to verify the email and links are legit.

Yeah it’s legit it’s Sony’s way of trying to combat the bots. I had gotten that email in may but didn’t do it only because I already have one. My sister works at Best Buy they get like three in store stock every now and then.

I have since gone and bought Resident Evil Village despite still not have the PS5 here yet. :o Between that and Miles Morales I think I am set, although I am eyeing Bugsnax too.

I have since gone and bought Resident Evil Village despite still not have the PS5 here yet. :o Between that and Miles Morales I think I am set, although I am eyeing Bugsnax too.
Don't forget to play Astro!

Kena bridge of spirts comes out in a little over a hour looking forward to it.

I'm still trying to find a PS5 however I am considering on just waiting for the updated version since that might be coming soon.

Mine came in today. Setting up and transferring from my PS4 right now. So surprised at how quick it was. Apparently they over night aired it.

Mine came in today. Setting up and transferring from my PS4 right now. So surprised at how quick it was. Apparently they over night aired it.
Congrats man! Hope you enjoy it.

So far I have although I have had very little free time. Miles Morales has been fun to get back into.

What years would you guys expect Insomniac to drop Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine? They were super-efficient with Ratchet and Miles Morales although these 2 projects will likely be considerably bigger (but will be helped by having reusable assets for Spider-Man 2).

I agree with those dates. Hopefully sooner but hopefully not later either.
I'm still wondering if there are unannounced ps5 games for 2022. God of War Ragnarök could be delayed to 2023.

For me, I also prefer them to be released sooner as I'm also waiting for most of these games to be under 30 (or depends how low ps5 games will be in the future).

What years would you guys expect Insomniac to drop Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine? They were super-efficient with Ratchet and Miles Morales although these 2 projects will likely be considerably bigger (but will be helped by having reusable assets for Spider-Man 2).

Spiderman 2 I think will be early 2023 like feb/ march and I think we see first gameplay next year not sure when has I don't know if sony is going to have a big show again in September or if they will return to e3 or do something different like do a big show a little before e3.

I'm still wondering if there are unannounced ps5 games for 2022. God of War Ragnarök could be delayed to 2023.

For me, I also prefer them to be released sooner as I'm also waiting for most of these games to be under 30 (or depends how low ps5 games will be in the future).

I dont see GOW being delayed would be pretty shocked if its not 2022 likely it will be like a September/October of 2022. Its also kind of early to talk about GOW being pushed to 2023 when we are not even out of 2021 yet lol. No matter what next year is loaded like no other year has ever been before between Multiplatform games and then exclusive like GT7, Horizon FW and GOW. Part of why I also don't think GOW will be 2023 is that I think next year will be like the last for cross gen games outside of like sports games. Once we get to 2023 I think cross gen games will be dead. It is possible that Naughty dog has fractions or something for 2022.

2022 is loaded with 3rd party games (if none that we know of aren't delayed again). But in terms of eXclusives, Sony only has 3 that we know of. GT7 is an easy pass for me, as its a racing game. MLB is now coming out to Series X. Forbidden West is out early 2022. So that leaves the neXt 10 months (if not delayed) with just Ragnarök. Certainly fewer than the eXclusives that came out in the last several years, if not ever. Last of Us Multiplayer isn't out neXt year or else we would have seen footage by now. Naughty Dog has been hiring people for it just recently. And other PS studios, its either they just released a game in the last 2 years or their neXt game is still in development.

I also want them released sooner so they can start working on their next game earlier too!

2022 is loaded with 3rd party games (if none that we know of aren't delayed again). But in terms of eXclusives, Sony only has 3 that we know of. GT7 is an easy pass for me, as its a racing game. MLB is now coming out to Series X. Forbidden West is out early 2022. So that leaves the neXt 10 months (if not delayed) with just Ragnarök. Certainly fewer than the eXclusives that came out in the last several years, if not ever. Last of Us Multiplayer isn't out neXt year or else we would have seen footage by now. Naughty Dog has been hiring people for it just recently. And other PS studios, its either they just released a game in the last 2 years or their neXt game is still in development.
What is Sucker Punch up to after Ghost DLC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"