World The Official Superman Box Set Collections Features

Miken Ayers said:
Which box set has the cut of Superman 2 where they tie the freeing of the Phantom Zoners to the ending of 1 when one of the nukes get's thrown in space?

Are you referring to the to the Superman II: Richard Donner Cut.....

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240807

I hear that it will be seperate, but I think it will be in the international release, though I am not 100% sure.....

really lookking forward to this release.... but I'm not impressed with the box art.

boywonder13 said:
030906-leaked-14disc-design.jpg

http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/daily_planet/news/index.shtml

I like it :up::super:

Its not that bad

boywonder13 said:
Well, well, it looks like R1 will be getting more discs after all... I wonder what that extra disc will be. After those reports that the 14 disc box was dead, this is definitely good news.

Miken Ayers said:
Which box set has the cut of Superman 2 where they tie the freeing of the Phantom Zoners to the ending of 1 when one of the nukes get's thrown in space?
It seems like there'll be two boxes: the Christopher Reeve box which contains the 4 movies and no Donner Cut and then this one, which does.

However, it must be noted that these are leaked images and are dated 6/06, before SR came out. Reports that the 14 disc box was dead came after that.

I dont understand why the first disc of S:TM is blanked out, but it's in the DVD case itself..... and then theres the disc w/donner on it and the one with singer on it....
this pic just gave me more questions than i had at first!
but it's gorgeous... :up: :up: :up:

Im confused, there are 14 discs showing.

Which is going to be the US release?? and only 8 right??

Im not sure which is going to be the US cover art. None mentions or is titled the Chris Reeve collection.

EL

this must be that 14 disc collection they were talking about... THANK GOD! we're still getting it...

We must be getting both and 8 disc and 14 disc sets. I hope so. Because I want the 14 disc.

No deleted scenes with the original Superman II 2 disc DVD? :huh:

What a joke. The second disc is now utterly pointless. :cmad:

Who wants cartoons? :whatever:

Does WB have the slightest clue...about anything?

I agree with you. It's called filler. I think on the 4 disc Super the movie, there is a copy of Superman and the Mole men. Um..why????
Love your Ebert quote. I very rarely agree with him. :)

EL
>>>

Does WB have the slightest clue...about anything?[/quote]

OneKnight said:
No deleted scenes with the original Superman II 2 disc DVD? :huh:

Does WB have the slightest clue...about anything?
I do... I've been waiting for those Fleischer cartoons to come out in crystal clear format for a very long time.

and from the looks of it, we won't be getting a 14 disc set here in the US... :(

the inclusion of the Fleischer´s cartoons and Superman and the Mole Men are pointless indeed, it´s just to fill empty space and justify the price. I already have the cartoons in a wonderful two disc set and the George Reeves film is in the first season of the Adventures of Superman (wich i already have too). The only deleted scene on Superman 2 will be the soufflé scene featured in the Restored International Cut

i disagree... while I have all fleischer cartoons already, these will be completely remastered; they will look more clear and clean than ever before...

and I dont have anything George Reeves wise, so I'm happy to be getting the George Reeves movie included in the set.

They could sell the remastered Fleischer cartoons separately...or add them to the box set.

We know there were a lot of extra/deleted scenes from Superman II in the ABC television version. I'm not asking them to be put back in the movie. However, I think to deny us those deleted scenes when we know they exist, thrown in with the fact that a lot of us have seen them, well, I think it's a joke.

More specs from this site:

- "Theatrical Cut of the movie with commentary by director Richard Lester and producers Pierre Spengler and Ilya Salkind"
Lester! Woah...

- "Superman IV The Missing Scenes featurette that examines and recreates the original tested version"
Branching? :huh:

- You Will Believe - The Making of a Saga (the last disc from the image boywonder13 posted earlier; I hope Donner is also part of this):
All-new six-part documentary about the original theatrical franchise.

Forging the Man of Steel - Superman in the media, and the challenges the Salkinds faced
Creating the Vision - creating the right script, choosing the right director and casting the right actors
Believe - the production and launch of a new kind of fantasy film
Crisis - complications and conflicts between the creative forces behind Superman II
Downfall - criticisms and burnout of Superman III and Superman IV
Legacy - filmmakers, writers and artists reflect

- Superman Returns extra features:

* Requiem for Krypton - Making Superman Returns
* Secret Origins and First Issues - Crystallizing Superman
* The Crystal Method - Designing Superman
* Shooting Superman - Superman on the Farm
* Shooting Superman – Superman in the City
* Shooting Superman – Superman in Trouble
* The Joy of Lex - Menacing Superman
* Wrapping Superman
* Deleted Scenes (includes audio introduction from director Bryan Singer)
* Teaser Trailer
* Theatrical Trailer
* Electronic Arts Game Trailer

You mean the souffle scenes will only be on the international set? That doesnt make any sense???ThanksEL

quote=KGBeast]the inclusion of the Fleischer´s cartoons and Superman and the Mole Men are pointless indeed, it´s just to fill empty space and justify the price. I already have the cartoons in a wonderful two disc set and the George Reeves film is in the first season of the Adventures of Superman (wich i already have too). The only deleted scene on Superman 2 will be the soufflé scene featured in the Restored International Cut[/quote]</p>

Its more than a joke. It p o's me royally.!!!

EL

OneKnight said:
They could sell the remastered Fleischer cartoons separately...or add them to the box set.

We know there were a lot of extra/deleted scenes from Superman II in the ABC television version. I'm not asking them to be put back in the movie. However, I think to deny us those deleted scenes when we know they exist, thrown in with the fact that a lot of us have seen them, well, I think it's a joke.

ReeveFan1978 said:
You mean the souffle scenes will only be on the international set? That doesnt make any sense???

i mean that the soufflé scene was previously included in the fan cut called "Restored International Cut" which incorporate more than 20 minutes of Donner and Lester´s material. But this scene is going to be included in the US box set. Check this out

chrisreevecollecr1artpic3.jpg

Miken Ayers said:

I didn't think either was showing that, although I'd love to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"