Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jun 13, 2011.
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]355347[/split]
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]354555[/split]
I saw First Class last Friday with my wife, and since I'm too lazy to write a long review, I just want to say that this movie deserves 9* out of 10 for me, and imo only X2 is better in this franchise. Here's how I would rate them:
2) First Class
5) Wolverine (that "Deadpool" still irks me)
X2 & First Class are way out in front for me as well.
That would be my ranking, although to me there's a huge gap between X1 and X3 quality wise, and I enjoyed Wolverine more than X3, although I'll agree it's a horrible movie, well not horrible, but the corny stuff, like the boxing ring with the blob, overshadowed the more serious stuff.
Watched it tonight. It was pretty great. I don't know if it was a perfect Movie, but judging by enjoyment factor alone, I easily give this a 10/10.
I give the movie a 9/10.
Hello!! Im a bit late and probably nobody will read my review but i want to give my opinion anyway.
- I loved the movie, loved Eric and Xavier portraits.. Mystique was very natural, great actors!!
- Magneto score gives a lot of strenght, wanted to hear more of the "first class" track, it was a bit lost...
- Liked Emma very much.. dont understand all the rage agaisnt her.. Ok it wasnt a oscar performance, but she needed to be more time in the movie to show what she can do. The little time she was i think she stoled the camera to herself.. cold, ironic and sexy.
I want more of her...
- I'm a bit disapointed with Beast..he is very cool as Hank buit a bit goofy as Beast.. i like seeing him in the photos and posters, but in the movie he seemed like a puppet.. need to be more touched by a bit of CGI perhaps.(and a darker blue)
- Liked the uniforms, very nice, but what the hell are those holes/things on every suit?
- LOOVED the recruiting/training montage...
- Dont liked Angel vomiting...goofy
- Hated the last Magneto uniform...goofy...wha the hell was that???? a blancket around the neck, a huge sweater, strange horns...
- Loved the CGI (althoug some scenes needed more time to be fixed)
- Some scenes (cutting, slicing...) dont feel very natural because of the lack of blood. Dont understand why, even in PG13 movie..
- Why doesnt Emma leaved the prison? (perhaps she was waiting for Erik like some test of fidelity)
- Why doesnt Emma block Xavier mind when he tried to find out about Shaw plans. (perhaps she simply didnt need to do that, wanted to show how they were powerful)
-What did Shaw do with the big amount of energy he absorved in the end? needed to be released. When the coin was killing him, it would be released or he needed to be self conscious to make it happen? (probably the last option)
Want moooree X-MEN pleaase!!
I read it
Agreed on Emma & Beast. Whether or not she blew anyone away it was great to see an upper tier X-villain outside of Magneto on screen. I loved the diamond effect as well. Nicholas Hoult acted well & yes I didn't love the Beast look, especially the very first reveal.
The recruiting/training montage was great and ended brilliantly t:
Mag's final uniform also I found a disappointment after all the awesomeness that had come before. Seems very strange given how important it is and that he already looked great throughout the film and the helmet looked so good in black. It even looked pretty good on Kevin Bacon..don't know how the end result happened to not be so good.
I found Beast to look a little weird on his reveal but in the jet and on the beach. I. thought he looked great.
Maybe that's what a young Beast should look like It seemed to me like they used some elements from the current Beast look from the comics. The one that this Quitely penciler guy altered which I have never liked.
My all time favorite Beast look is the one from the 90s penciled by Jim Lee, and other artists like Portacio and Madureira.
Pretty much agree with everything you said! But I didn't mind Angel's acid spitting and Shaw not releasing the energy.
Oh and I liked how Beast looked in almost every scene AFTER the airbase scene. Maybe it was the lighting there.
And a big ARGGGHH to Magneto's costume in the end. He spends the whole movie in perfectly tailored clothing. Then in the end, he looks like he's wearing donated clothing. I guess maybe that was on purpose so that it would look homemade (??), but nothing Magneto does is ever sloppy.
The donated clothing comment made me LOL
He looked like a hobo!
Blame the MPAA
Yeah and it seemed like they rushed creating Magneto's final costume. The back was good but the front was just like a bad cosplay costume
Yeah, when I saw him from the back I was like "come on, show us the final Magneto rendition!!", and then after seeing him I was like "hmm.. that was ok?"
The helmet was great, but I do agree that the rest of the costume could've been better.
You know, I think there are mixed opinions about the helmet when compared to the one used by Shaw. And even though Magneto is not Magneto without the helmet, the final rendition seemed a bit convoluted despite looking almost the same as the one from the comics which I love btw.
Still my favorite!
Hmm..Is that supposed to be the Frank Quitely rendition of the Beast?
If that's a yes, the face resembles more the one from the 90's, but I've seen some drawings in which it doesn't quite do it for me.
Agreed on everything.
Not a fan of the art on X-Men during the Quitely/Kordey era (including support artists) in general. Cat Beast has nothing on 90s Beast! Jim Lee's stuff (not just Beast) was classic & Joe Mad's crazy dimensions & super-slick style was quite possibly my favourite ever art on X-Men!
Watching Green Lantern today showed me just how much better this movie was.
XMFC deserves its place on my top 5 of 2011 (so far)