The Official XBLA Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
There is no thread about XBLA, when that service is very important, so, let´s start one.
And let´s go about upcoming games:

Owlboy - By D-Pad studios.
Owl Boy is a 2D platforming adventure for the Xbox 360 and Windows PCs. Go with Otus on a free flying quest into the clouds and discover the secrets of the floating islands while preserving the Owls' integrity...
owlboy.jpg

04-468x.jpg

01-468x.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTfXfmtoEXU

Cletus Clay - By TunaSnax
Based on an original concept by acclaimed animator Anthony Flack, Cletus Clay is a fast paced old-school run'n'gun with eye catching visuals and a seriously irreverent attitude. Playing as the eponymous Cletus, a bad-tempered, wise-cracking, gun-totin' hick, you take on a bunch of uninvited alien visitors who have had the temerity to trespass through your farmland on their way to conquering the Earth. Cue flying saucers, ray guns, seemingly endless reinforcements, giant robots and motherships galore; but nothing is a match for an angry redneck and his pitchfork!

1227282705.jpg

1227282564.jpg

1227282563.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE6EJUnLTmE

More to follow...

Awesome. I've been hearing some positive buzz about Owlboy. Can't wait to try it out. :up:

‘Splosion Man -Twisted Pixel, creators of The Maw
This game looks amazing, more even because it´s set in the same universe as their previous game, not just a new Ip.
In a world already doomed by the planet-scourge The Maw, this new threat emerges from a top-secret military lab, big science gone wrong.

1241563999.jpg

1241563911.jpg

1241563909.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhk-UXQAnjE

0 Day Attack on Earth - SquareEnix
I don´t really know what to say, besides that it looks a bit like The Last Guy

ss_preview_06.jpg.jpg

02.jpg.jpg

05.jpg.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19jr8ejNqBY

0-D Beat Drop - Arc Systems Works (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Battle Fantasia) and Jamsworks
0-D Beat Drop is a block dropping game where you must match up 3 or more gems of the same color. Unlike Tetris the blocks all appear to come in corner blocks, and each block has three different gems, which is a little like Columns.
Going based on the pictures and some horrible translation, this is how the game works: you can stack up these corner blocks any way you like - even have more than 3 in a row, but they will not disappear. Once you want to actually blow a set of three up and cause a big chain reaction, you "drop the beat" with the X button, causing whatever set of 3 gems are a part of it to explode and everything else chains from that.
The game will include your standard play modes including , Time Attacks, Vs. CPU and completing set tacks. It will also allow for up to 4 players to battle against each other online.

8c8082cfc205cb6029fddad72f97ac81.jpg

cdc1d47403fbaa4aba9d97fc5138cdbb.jpg

656d2ff0f39bdae6b2c8790e1b7a68ad.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVoi-b9fM2g

I'm sold on Owlboy and Splosion Man.

I still need to get The Maw.

Asteroid Cowboys - Digital Out Games
Coming to both XBLA and PSN. In the distant future, when cows are but a flame-grilled memory, the life of the great-outdoorsman hungering for the open plain and the life of a cowboy will have to be fulfilled via the medium of asteroid herding instead.

acsc03.jpg

acsc10.jpg

acsc13.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnQD75amEFE

Airburst - Strange Flavour
Floating high above the ground on a platform made of balloons, you have to fend-off the deadly chainsaw-bladed burster ball, and redirect it toward your opponents’ balloons. Airburst has crazy power-ups, unique character powers, and a wealth of game types to reward strategy as well as reflexes.

I have no pics, but i do have a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts0JcGbuUns

Last edited:
Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao - Blitz Arcade
Invincible Tiger The Legend of Han Tao is an upcoming beat ‘em up game for XBLA and PSN. The game has cartoony visuals and a ‘70s kung fu flick style to it.
Invincible Tiger is also the first console game to be in 3D. This isn’t your lame plastic red and blue 3D visuals. The visuals really jump out at you when you wear the 3D glasses. The story sees the main character, Han Tao, as he goes on a quest to reclaim the Star of Destiny that was stolen by evil forces. My hands-on time with the game was short, but I fought against a wide variety of enemies and liked how fast paced the action was.
The 3D visuals were extremely impressive. In one of the levels, Cherry Blossoms petals were blowing about and you could have sworn the petals were really in the room with you. You can play the game in 2D as well so you don’t have to worry about being forced to buy and extra accessory.

1241053698.jpg

1241053701.jpg

1241053464.jpg

http://tr.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7Y-qUdlaQ

Military Madness: Nectaris - Backbone Entertainment
Coming to XBLA, PSN and WiiWare, this is an enhanced remake of the first game of the Nectaris franchise, born on the TurboGrafx-16. Military Madness: Nectaris is set in the distant future, in the year 2187. Earth has become overpopulated, and the government decided that the best way to handle this is to send every criminal to the moon. Shortly thereafter, Earth discovered a rare super-element on the moon and began putting the convicts to work mining it. As one would expect, putting Earth's worst criminals in charge of mining its most precious resource didn't end so well, and the convicts, now calling themselves the Xenos, began a rebellion against the Earth Union Government.

ss_preview_nectar03.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_nectar02.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_nectar04.jpg.jpg

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/xbla-zone-military-madness/48240

Shank- Klei Entertainment

"over-the-top, Tarantino-esque action adventure game." The platform has not been finalized but Klei says we can probably guess based on its previous games (which have arrived on Xbox Live Arcade and PC). Also, the teaser trailer shows an Xbox 360 control scheme.

Klei says the game is early in development, but the footage we have already looks great with smooth animation and a colorful comic book style. Looks like we can expect platforming and beat 'em up combat. Definitely check out the teaser video.

screenshot-1.jpg

screenshot-4.jpg

Movement trailer - http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14348979/shank/videos/shank_trl_movementpreview_51209.html

The Maw spinoff up there looks pretty cool. I've gotta get around to buying The Maw one day. The demo was awesome.

It does. The concept is also incredibly similar to Explodemon, which is coming to everything but XBLA. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/trailer-explodemon/47528

I never bought The Maw because while the demo was fun, it just seemed very easy. One day I might pick it up.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. The goals and story of each look pretty different, but the gameplay and concept look a lot alike.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. The goals and story of each look pretty different, but the gameplay and concept look a lot alike.
Explodemon also look a lot like Megaman.
In fact, Explodemon is the only PSN game i would really like to try.

Isildur´s Heir;16933650 said:
Explodemon also look a lot like Megaman.
In fact, Explodemon is the only PSN game i would really like to try.

Yeah, that's part of the game. It's a love letter to the platformers of old, with a twist. It even has terrible mock translations.

Bubble Bobble NEO! - Taito
It´s Bubble Bobble....'nuff said. And Taito is also bringing Rainbow Island and Puzzle Bobble

bubble03.jpg.jpg

bubble02.jpg.jpg

bubble04.jpg.jpg

Darwinia+ - Introversion Software
The world of Darwinia is a surreal and retro place, filled with epic fractal vistas and populated by iconic video game sprites from the past twenty years of computer games. The world is locked in warfare and on the verge of self-destruction, as the once peaceful Darwinians are besieged by a massive Red Viral onslaught. Against the backdrop of this war, this game within a game takes place.
This Xbox Live edition of the innovative and captivating action/strategy game by Introversion Software features both the original Darwinia and its follow-up multiplayer component, Multiwinia.

intro.jpg

tron.jpg

bombup.jpg

Days of Wrath - United Coders
Celia Fox, Movie Director, Screenwriter and CEO of Foxy Films LLC announced that she has entered an agreement with game developer United Coders LLC to develop a console game based on the movie, Days Of Wrath, for a simultaneous global release in spring 2009. The game will be released first on Xbox Live Arcade. Do you think you’ve got what it takes to become the most notorious gangster of North America? Could you stare down the barrel of a gun without blinking? Are you capable of running a gang spanning multiple cities without getting killed in the process?

1222873186.jpg

1222873320.jpg

1222873321.jpg

Penalty of Heroes - Databox Interactive
Penalty of Heroes is an old school side scrolling arcade hack ’n slash game, much like Golden Axe mixed with Secret of Mana. It takes advantage of the power of the Xbox 360 in order to show off a mix between 2D and 3D, using modern shaders and effects.
Penalty of Heroes takes place in the world of Nimo where you control four young warriors, either by yourself in single player mode or with the help from up to three of your friends in co-op mode. Fight your way through ten levels containing hordes of enemies, big bosses and an engaging narrative. You will have unique characters with different magic powers and weapons, as well as a customizable power up system to aid you on the journey to find out the price of becoming a hero. The Penalty of Heroes!

1242153940.jpg

1242153939.jpg

1242153938.jpg

1242153816.jpg

1242153813.jpg

1242153815.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQL0ZF5UcU

Penalty of Heroes looks like it might be fun if I play with my friends. I always loved the old-school fantasy hack-and-slash games like Golden Axe.

But the best part of that batch of games is BUBBLE BOBBLE! I'm so getting that.

Do we have any idea when some of these are coming out? I don't see any release dates.

Penalty of Heroes looks like it might be fun if I play with my friends. I always loved the old-school fantasy hack-and-slash games like Golden Axe.

But the best part of that batch of games is BUBBLE BOBBLE! I'm so getting that.

Do we have any idea when some of these are coming out? I don't see any release dates.

Aside from big/important XBLA games, I'm pretty sure release dates aren't announced until a week or two before.

What games have you guys been playing lately. I'm absolutely hooked to Space Invader's Extreme.

I just wish the online wasn't so laggy.

What games have you guys been playing lately. I'm absolutely hooked to Space Invader's Extreme.

I just wish the online wasn't so laggy.

Last one i played and finished was Penny Arcade episode 1.

Next wednesday is, wtf day.

Starring, Blazing Birds - Vector2games

bb_screenshot_4.jpg

bb_screenshot_2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4dtPZwm8A8

and, Gel: set & match - Gastronaut Games (makers of Small Arms)

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot5.jpg

Next week...

Yosumin Live - Square Enix
Yosumin Live is a puzzle game by Square Enix that involves finding 4 pieces that can be made into a perfect rectangle or square.

yosumin-live-20090507030111294_640w.jpg

yosumin-live-20090507030135059_640w.jpg

yosumin-live-20090507030130278_640w.jpg

and

Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees - Telltale Games

1240547751.jpg

1242037800.jpg

1238108434.jpg

After the Secret of Monskey Island rumor, there couldn´t be a better release than Wallace & Gromit :)
Ok, maybe Sam & Max....

I wasn´t going to create a new thread just for this, so...

Deal of the Week for June

June 8 - June 14

30% Discount: Gears of War 2 Combustible Map Pack 560/800

June 15 - June 21

30% Discount: Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage 560/800

June 22 - June 28

33% Discount: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix 800/1200

June 29 - July 5

30% Discount: Discount Fable II Knothole Island 560/800

Just a thought, maybe we can convert this to what Kal does in the PSN Store update in the Sony board. Not just XBLA games and deals, but also tell what content/demos were added this week.

Not sure how hard it would be or whatever, but it'd be nice to have

Yeah, that would be a good idea. :up:

Also, IH, could you possibly spoiler all these images? Or maybe you could leave one screenshot for each game. It takes me forever to scroll to the bottom. Haha.

Just a thought, maybe we can convert this to what Kal does in the PSN Store update in the Sony board. Not just XBLA games and deals, but also tell what content/demos were added this week.

Not sure how hard it would be or whatever, but it'd be nice to have
Sure, go for it.
To any mod out there, make it so and make it sticky

Well, I don't really want to do it. I don't really know where to get that info or anything. I just suggesting it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"