The Passage

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
The Scotts Take The Passage
Source: Variety July 20, 2007

Fox 2000 and Scott Free have acquired screen rights to a vampire trilogy by Jordan Ainsley that begins with The Passage, says Variety.

The three-book series sold to Ballantine for $3.75 million, based on a 400-page partial manuscript and an outline. The film caught the fancy of Ridley Scott, though it was not immediately clear whether he will direct it.

Ainsley is a pseudonym for Justin Cronin, the PEN Hemingway Award and Stephen Crane Prize-winning author of the literary novel "Mary and O'Neil." With The Passage, he has created an apocalyptic tale that has elements of 28 Weeks Later and the Stephen King novel "The Stand."

When terminally ill cancer patients get healthy after being bitten by bats in South America, the government conducts secret tests with human subjects to see if a virus can cure illness. Instead, it unleashes a swarm of bloodthirsty vampires out of the test subjects, which include death row inmates.

The first installment will be published in summer, 2009.

I think tony would be the best choice for this one. A balls out graphic horror action flick from tony would rule.

As long as Tony Scoot keeps his editing far away from the crap in Man On Fire and Deja Vu , this flick might actually be good.

This sound sitneresting, but aside from my love of True Blood, I'm kind of burnt out on Vampires.

I read the book and it's a very interesting and mostly fresh take on the material- looking forward to the film

Since the book is epic in scope, I'm a bit skeptic towards an adaptation of this book. Nonetheless, I'm definitely interested to see how this project progress.

Well, loved Cloverfield, and loved Let Me In even more, so definately will be interested in this one, will be keeping an eye out for updates!

This book is ****ing fantastic, one of the best books I've read from last year. Reeves showed in Let Me In that he can took out stuff that was necessary for the film to flow good, not to mention it was a equally good film as Låt den rätte komma in. It's going to be tough for this one though, but I have trust in him.

Can't wait to see what he does with it. I'm a new fan of his after Let Me In. (didn't care for Cloverfield) I heard a rumor he was on a short list for the next Superman movie.....that would be cool....too bad it didn't work out.

Jason Keller To Write 'The Passage'

Jason Keller has been hired to pen the adaptation of Justin Cronin's epic 2009 novel The Passage for Fox 2000.

Let Me In director Matt Reeves came on to develop and direct the project in April, and he has settled on Keller as his collaborator.

Repped by CAA and Management 360, Keller wrote the screenplay for the Marc Forster-directed Machine Gun Preacher, which Relativity Media just acquired for a fall release, and he co-wrote Relativity's untitled Snow White project, which just began filming with Julia Roberts starring.

Source

I'm still interested to see this but I'm also unsure about the writer and Reeves involved on this project. The bottom line is that they better not f*** this one up.

[YT]6rJ64J-gSbY[/YT]

Looks pretty cheap to me, and the overall plot is very similar to The Last of Us.

Looks pretty cheap to me...

Well, the project (apparently) migrated from theatrical movie to TV. And it's Fox, not HBO. :word:

Last edited:
Oh, I know. The last broadcast tv show I watched was Galavant. Just don't see the point in them anymore now that cable does everything so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"