• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Price of Price

I have a strong dislike for the missing pages at the end of my comics. These being very often intro of presentation of a future hyped comics. I hate it. Especially since I buy few comics per week, so I have the same often useless piece of crap at the end of my comics. This, and it does not make the later reading very comfortable. Still, some could consider it no problem.

I'm not sure about all of their titles, but with the Hellboy stuff, it was, not too long ago, 24 story pages for 3 bucks. Now it's 24 story pages for $3.50. That includes one-shots and mini-series. I always liked that, too. I'm getting 2 extra pages, for either the same price as a regular comic, of 50 cents more than a regular comic. And come January, it'll still be that way.

Just checked some others: Eric Powell's "Buzzard" mini series was 24 pages as well, for $3.50, and the main story was 18 pages per issue(3 issues), with 6 pages being devoted to a Billy The Kid's Old Timey Oddities back-up.

Powell's "Billy The Kid's Old Timey Oddities And The Ghastly Fiend of London" is 4 dollars, but with the same page count as Buzzard: 18 pages for the main story(per issue, 4 of them) and 6 pages for the Goon back-up. I don't know why this one is four bucks, but even so. There's still an extra two-pages that could justify purchase that you wouldn't get from a Marvel comic.

Their Metalocalypse book is also 4 dollars, but the total page count is 40 pages, with 22 pages of story. But there was also some "intro" to the creators. Dark Horse stuff has a tendency to fluctuate by a page or so sometimes(Billy The Kid #3's main story is 19 pages instead of 18)

The Metalocalypse vs The Goon one-shot was $3.50 for a total of 32 pages, all story, no ads.

Oh, is their standard 24? That's cool then, at least they're adding a little for the extra price

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"