The RIAA Strikes Again

I feel so bad that some rap star won't be able to get 75 cents from that song some kid in NY stole. :(
no more cocaine :(

and, no, this is robin hood type stuff my dear sheriff of Nottingham :D

no more cocaine :(

and, no, this is robin hood type stuff my dear sheriff of Nottingham :D

Robin Hood fought a noble cause for others. Stealing music for yourself is hardly equitable. :whatever:

Theft is theft whether you like it or not. There is an old school of thought that the police can never lose a fight. They either have to make the arrest or die trying, because if 5 people see the police back down, they will think they can commit a crime, and 5 more people will think they can commit a crime, and it spreads. Sadly, many youths are breaking the law and winning...and it gives them a sense that if they can get away with this...what else cna they get away with? It is more than a 75 cent song.

There's no proof that stealing a song will lead to greater and/or violent crime.

Theft is theft whether you like it or not. There is an old school of thought that the police can never lose a fight. They either have to make the arrest or die trying, because if 5 people see the police back down, they will think they can commit a crime, and 5 more people will think they can commit a crime, and it spreads. Sadly, many youths are breaking the law and winning...and it gives them a sense that if they can get away with this...what else cna they get away with? It is more than a 75 cent song.

i see it as something completely different. for me, and a lot of people i know, downloading music is more of a statement.

when you say it's more than $.75 a song, you're right. it's telling the record companies that they're not getting rich off of us anymore. and just as importantly (for me anyway), is that i do not condone them making more off of an album than the artist who made it. that's just not right.

so until the riaa wakes up and makes some drastic changes, i'm going to download music illegally.

now, most of the music i listen to isn't mainstream. these bands aren't rich, and most the time they're struggling just like the rest of us. in cases like that, i send them checks for the amount of the cd i just downloaded for free. or, i'll buy a t-shirt or something at the show. i don't believe in free for free's sake.

i just try to minimize the amount of money rich bastards can get from me. :up:

Yeah I hear that one a lot...^^^ The RIAA isn't a govt. institution, they're just protecting their interests, unfortunately they treat consumers like enemies. But on a side note it doesn't give them the right to appear in raids with police or FBI wearing RIAA hats and jackets printed yellow on blue. Whats next? they start training them and give them a gun and a badge too? To say that there are more important things in this world to deal with than piracy...I mean...what are we doing to help prevent the evil things out there?
"Ask not what your country can do for you..."

Robin Hood fought a noble cause for others. Stealing music for yourself is hardly equitable. :whatever:
who sayed i steal :wow:
i didn't

and in other news, fat bastards will never get money from me if i can prevent it, this is my way of sticking it to the man, if a band really deserves it and the songs are really really good i will go and buy the CD
and, i do, steal from the rich and give to the poor. so there.....:p

I think they should put meters on our ears that way they monitor every second of our day and whether or not we listen to pirated music.

There's some websites that charge 12 cents a song, so how come full albums are 20 bucks ( I live in Canada, I think that translates to about $17). Am I paying for the song or the cover artwork?

The only real solution to this is to get your next president to introduce the "FACK OFF, RIAA" bill.

1287.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"