The Savage Land (Tarzan/Blue Lagoon/and Jurassic Park all in one)

spideyboy_1111

Young Avenger
Reaction score
anyone else think an epic film like "the savage land" would be a pretty big hit? unlike the rest of the SH genre it wouldn't be named after it's hero (Ka-zar) which imo would just come seeming like a tarzan/conan stigma to it... but the film would focus on Ka-zar, and Shanna in probably one of the most amazingly fantastical locations in the marvel universe.

with the lack of Jurassic Park movies currently.. or any films featuring dinosaurs... i think now (or at least before JP4 finally happens), is the perfect time for a film like this. It's combining 2 favorite genre's together... Dino's and Tarzan.. and mixing it in with the rest of the MCU. I think, if done correctly... it could be pretty epic, and very successful.

If Fox doesn't own the rights to Sauron (i know they listed Karl Lykos on X2's computer, if that truly means anything) i'd make him the villain... and essentially the film be about Kazar being ship wrecked in antartica.. but mysteriously saved. And he awakens in The Savage Land. It'd deal with him meeting Shanna, befriending Zabu, rescuing other humans from the mutates, and establishing his civilization while fighting off dinosaurs, Devil Dinasour, and Sauron.

pretty sure there were hints to the savage land in IM2

Savage Land is one of those properties that if they downplay the Marvel element, it might actually be more successful.

Savage Land is one of those properties that if they downplay the Marvel element, it might actually be more successful.

Yep.

This "MCU" thing is working because the characters that are being mixed are Avengers, and we're getting that payoff soon.

Blue Lagoon? Do you mean there will be underage nudity?

Wow. It would be VERY intersesting to see them build up the Marvel universe background with smaller spring and fall movies that were low budget but still interesting and fantastical. Savage Land would be perfect for just such a thing.

Worldbuilding, that's the word.

Wow. It would be VERY intersesting to see them build up the Marvel universe background with smaller spring and fall movies that were low budget but still interesting and fantastical. Savage Land would be perfect for just such a thing.

Worldbuilding, that's the word.

well.... i think dinosaurs kinda make it stray from "small budget" personally...

This... is a good point. Maybe mid-budget is a better word. We're not talking summer blockbuster here, are we?

The Savage Land could go either way.
A big budget or a small one,It'll work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"