BLM Protests Across The World

Sithborg

Pretty in pink
Reaction score
I think at this point, the George Lloyd situation is beginning to spiral into a very big matter. Figured it deserved its own thread. May expand on how the other parts of the nation react.

I doubt things are going to calm down, especially after the burning of a police precinct.

It just took a little push. This is going to escalate beyond the extrajudicial killings of black men, unemployment is rising, wide-spread evictions are coming, this is going to be a rally-cry for everyone is has been disaffected by the political system.

Trump just casually threatening to kill thousands of Americans.

I was just getting ready to post that Trump tweet, oh my god.

I'm more surprised he's not already proclaiming he's handling it better than Obama did with the Ferguson.

Obama didn't want to kill a bunch of uppity protesters. So, obviously, Trump feels he is doing better with his strong arm technique.

I'm more surprised he's not already proclaiming he's handling it better than Obama did with the Ferguson.

The sad part is, he truly does not understand the ramifications of even declaring that much less thinking that. He just cannot understand what kind of blow-back this will start.

The sad part is, he truly does not understand the ramifications of even declaring that much less thinking that. He just cannot understand what kind of blow-back this will start.
He doing more than that prissy boy Obummer did I tell you what. :o

Yeah I'm going to be hearing that tomorrow.

The main officer involved is watching all of this from the comfort of his home in florida. Flew in without being arrested.

He somehow outdid himself here. I can't even really put into to words how what he said here made me feel.

He just needs to find yet another enemy to define himself against for his supporters. He's been copy pasting the Nixon playbook for a long time now. He needs something to shore up his support and playing the "law and order" card with all the attendant dog whistles is what he's left with right now.

LMPD is declining to say, so make of that what you will.
I have interacted and seen many cops at work in my lifetime so far. The vast, vast majority of them were kind and clearly trying to make a good impression or help the situation. But there were two, years apart, who seemed determined to degrade those there, almost seemingly wanting there to be a problem. I can't imagine how much better policing and relationships with communities would be if they removed this element from the police force, instead of protecting it. Then again it seems that most big cities probably wouldn't have much of a police force if they actually fired them.

They should arrest the cop who started this.

Not just to quell the rioting but also because he tourtured and murdered a father while he cried out for his mother.

There were klan lynchings more covert and merciful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"