• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Vampire Rights Movement

ThePhantasm

2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper
Reaction score
http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/07/08/us-usa-vampires-study-idINKCN0PI00N20150708

It is not easy being a vampire, and even harder to come out of the coffin to a physician or therapist for fear they will misinterpret the habit of ingesting the blood of willing donors or succumb to stereotyping, a study finds.

Research led by D.J. Williams, director of social work at Idaho State University, indicated that people who identify themselves as “real” vampires – that is, needing others’ blood to gain energy – would not disclose their practices to those in the helping professions and risk reactions like ridicule, disgust and possible diagnosis of a mental illness.

Williams and another researcher based the paper on the responses of 11 people who had identified themselves as vampires for many years and could be relied on to be open and honest, and who gain permission from practicing adults before ingesting their blood, he said.

“The real vampire community seems to be a conscientious and ethical one,” Williams said.

The challenge is finding non-judgmental clinicians to whom vampires can disclose their alternative lifestyles, he added.

“Most vampires believe they were born that way; they don’t choose this,” Williams said.

The global vampire population is thought to number in the thousands, he said.

Um... wtf?

Good eve.....ening.....my dear. I vant to drink.......your blood.

Show me yer Doctor's note or it's no deal bub.

Time to break out my wooden stakes, garlic, & super soakers loaded with Holy water!!! :o

S*** son, this is how True Blood began.

This reminds me of the Family from Fallout 3. They were a bunch of cannibals that banded together because they had such a strong urge to drink blood and eat people.

The Peacock family......

How I respond to a movement ass asinine as this:

This would probably drive Father Don Callahan to drinking.

Vampires prey on innocent people and drink their blood.

They deserve to be mistreated.

Go back to Transylvania.

When the vampires come over here, they're not sending their best like you and me.

There sending bloodsuckers, monsters, the undead.

I support Honest Abe's right to drive stake through their black hearts :o

Two things we should establish during your visit today:

#1-drinking human blood isn't a right or normal

#2- it's not a dud

Lets get one thing straight, Mr. Researcher from BFE University, 11 mentally ill people who need psychiatric help does not a community make. There is no such thing as a "vampire community". Take your BS "research" and move it into the recycling bin. Then power down your computer, unplug it, and throw it in a dumpster, cause you sir have lost your computer privileges.

Idiots. The lot of em.*smh* I can only assume that this researcher has tenure and is blackmailing the entire opropriations committee. That's the only way this "study" received funding.

There are dozens of us!

Is it even safe to drink blood?

No. Drinking unscreened human blood is a quick way to get a disease. Drinking animal blood is a bit more safe depending on the animal due to certain human diseases not being present in animals and certain animal diseases cant infect humans but its still a risk. And the human digestive system is not meant to process and digest large quantities of blood. We didnt evolve to be blood drinkers. A bit from the occasional nosebleed or bitten cheeck or tongue or pulled tooth is one thing, but this is something else entirely.

and tastes bad, and leaves you with bad breath, like pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"