• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David Hine's The FVZA (The Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency)

Greg

Civilian
Reaction score
bolton.jpg

http://news.septagonstudios.com/?p=288

David Hine said:
Zombies and Vampires! The book is The FVZA – that’s The Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency. The setting is an alternative world history where vampires and zombies were part of everyday life in America throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The vampire and zombie viruses entered America along with the influx of immigrants from Europe and spread like wildfire. Early outbreaks were dealt with by local militias or bounty hunters but as the diseases spread and the numbers of infected reached the hundreds of thousands, the government set up a dedicated agency of trained operatives. The agency was divided into scientific research facilities and search and destroy units. Vaccines were eventually developed against the diseases and by the nineteen-seventies, both vampires and zombies were officially eradicated, so the Agency was shut down. Our story takes up when a major outbreak of the zombie virus signals the return of the Undead and the US government is forced to revive the FVZA. This time round the vampires have an agenda that is more like a terrorist group. They’re out to destroy our way of life and The FVZA is operating in tandem with Homeland Security. It’s a more sophisticated approach to the Undead mythologies but in the end there will still be plenty of blood-sucking and brain-eating.

Mini or on-going?

David Hine said:
Initially it will be a mini-series: five issues, launching with a 44-page issue, priced at only $3.99, then four 22-page issues.

We're planning to do this as seasons, so we'll start straight in on season two, possibly with a short gap. Creatively I like to think in terms of story arcs and separating them into seasons seems to make more sense than committing to the pressure of an ongoing monthly. If we turn the work out fast enough we can run 'seasons' back to back, so you'll essentially be getting a monthly anyway.

Don't forget, none of this is set in stone. If this was a Marvel or DC book I wouldn't be able to discuss it at all at this stage. I heard a guy who works in my regular comic store tell a customer "Image are always lying to us." He was talking about announcing books that turn up late or in different formats than were announced, that kind of thing. But it's not a case of lying. I have learned that there's many a slip between good intentions and the end result. Still I prefer to talk about upcoming things to get the interest going and see what kind of feedback comes in.

You'll often get more advance info from independent companies, while the Big Two often sit on projects until their publicity department judges the time is ready to announce. Image, for instance, is a lot less formal in their interactions between Publisher, Creators and Fans, and I like that.

Art samples from the interview.

Beautiful samples!

FVZA-issue1_Bolton-1.jpg

FVZA3_Langley_FA-1.jpg

FVZA2_Jelena_Djurdjevic_FA.jpg

FVZA_Newsarama_1.jpg

FVZA_Newsarama_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads