The Voices with Ryan Reynolds and Anna Kendrick.

SWAT

Pool of the Death
Reaction score
The Voices starring Ryan Reynolds, Anna Kendrick and Gemma Arterton.
Directed by Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis)

A disturbed factory worker (Reynolds) who hears advice from his pet dog (Good) and cat (Evil) is implicated in the accidental death of his co-worker.
IMDb

Its been getting some great reviews at Sundance.

I've had it up to here with Ryan Reynolds, but any movie that implies cats are evil is okay by me. :up:

If memory serves, I'm pretty sure this was a blacklist screenplay. Definitely interested, despite how much I generally don't care for Reynolds.

Watch Things Get Weird In Trailer For ‘The Voices’ With Ryan Reynolds, Anna Kendrick & Gemma Arterton

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...eynolds-anna-kendrick-gemma-arterton-20150108

h2NLpNo.jpg

Meh to Ryan Reynolds, but then you say Anna Kendrick AND Gemma Arterton?! SOLD!

Looks good to me, hope this is the start of a new page for Reynolds.

Um....ok.

Reynolds actually has a slight Norman Bates vibe going on here.

Somehow my mind mixed this up with The Last Five Years (I guess because of Anna Kendrick) before I watched it the other day. Needless to say this was not what I expected. :funny: I enjoyed it though.

Why do people dislike Ryan Reynolds? He seems like a nice guy and he's a decent actor when he does roles like this instead of **** like Green Lantern or RIPD.

Because he did **** like Green Lantern and RIPD.

I honestly like the guy he has not really let me down in anything of his I have seen to date, and I LIKED Green Lantern and R.I.P.D (ducks).

Even if the movie is terrible, he's always the best part of it. IMO.

Hopefully when Deadpool comes out and it's *fingers crossed* awesome. People will change their opinion.

Even if the movie is terrible, he's always the best part of it. IMO.

Indeed. The guy gets endlessly picked on, especially on message boards (and especially by comic book geeks), when he's often the one who does a great job, even in subpar movies. Blade: Trinity, Green Lantern and R.I.P.D. being mediocre movies isn't his fault. He wasn't the one ruining them. He was actually good as Hal Jordan, and could have been even better if the movie had a strong vision (= a director who knows exactly what he wants to do with the material, and producers and a studio willing to back said vision up) behind it.

He probably has an enthusiasm for these kind of stories and movies (and his passion for Deadpool probably proves that), so it's not unlikely he got carried away and put his trust in projects he shoudn't have, whereas other actors simply stayed away. Can you really blame him for that?

I think Reynolds is an incredibly underrated actor, and I'm sure sooner or later more people will realize that.

He and the line "cock juggling thunder c***" were the only good things in Blade Trinity.

I just don't get the hate. GL and RIPD were crap, but it's not like he's a Taylor Kitsch or Sam Worthington where it's like Hollywood is forcing him down our throats in seemingly every big studio franchise. He mainly does indie films. And he is usually pretty good in them. Waiting, The Nines, Buried. This film looks pretty cool too.

You would be right. Reynolds is talented, it's just his choices weren't the most ideal for his overall career. I get jumping on GL, as that's the first readily available big film with franchise potential over a Deadpool film that seemed like it would never get made. That's a big thing for an actor like him during that time.

I'm glad he's doing stuff like this and then doing Deadpool, something that has just always been up his alley.

Reynolds is usually the best part of his films. He knocks it out of the park as Hannibal King. It was Goyer that decided to make the whole film corny. He was a good Hal Jordan. His Deadpool cameo is fantastic. He became the scapegoat for R.I.P.D.. The dude is more than just playing Van Wilder in every movie. It's just the overall reception of his films don't reflect that.

With that said, he is box office poison. Though when we look at the grand scheme of things, it is a weak argunent in today's film industry. Will Smith was the last true movie star.

I thought it was a great film. I love how the cinematography is done, to show how truly deluded Reynolds' character is. To him everything is bright and colourful, but in reality it's all grim and grey.

Probably one of the best performances you'll see this year too.

I thought it was a great film. I love how the cinematography is done, to show how truly deluded Reynolds' character is. To him everything is bright and colourful, but in reality it's all grim and grey.

Probably one of the best performances you'll see this year too.

That was one of my favourite parts too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"