The Wachowskis' Ninja Assassin

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41938
Source: Variety
February 13, 2008

South Korean pop star Rain has landed a leading role in Larry and Andy Wachowski's Ninja Assassin, reports Variety.

Tentatively scheduled to shoot from March to July in Berlin, the Warner Bros. film will be produced by Joel Silver and the Wachowski's, with V For Vendetta helmer James McTeigue likely to direct.

Also known by his real name Jung Ji-hoon, Rain took his first leading role in Park Chan-wook's 2007 Berlin Competition entry I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK. He also plays a supporting role in the Wachowskis' upcoming Speed Racer.

McTeigue and the films name make me automatically interested. :woot:

McTeigue and the films name make me automatically interested. :woot:

co-sign.

Is this based off anything? A book, comic, Japanese tv serial or something?​

I like the casting of Rain. I thought he was pretty good in "I'm A Cyborg, But That's O.K." I'm looking forward to this.

co-sign.

Is this based off anything? A book, comic, Japanese tv serial or something?​

I can't find any details, i think it's an original, i wonder what time period this will be set in.

the creators of the matrix and a ninja movie?

yeah baby

to bad that they are nto directing it. but from V for vendetta we know that they will have a lot to say about the directing. its basicly like when spielberg is producing. it looks like a spielberg movie. and it will IMO be here the same.

They managed to find a callsheet about the film. Apparently this now based off of a comic.

Really ? I wonder why they wouldn't make this apparent from the off.

WIKI says :
Ninja Scroll (獣兵衛忍風帖, Jūbee Ninpūchō?) is a Japanese action thriller anime, set in feudal Japan, by critically acclaimed director/writer Yoshiaki Kawajiri who was best known for his previous thriller Wicked City (Yōjū Toshi). The character designs were done by Yutaka Minowa. The movie is an homage to Ninpōchō series, ninja novels by Futaro Yamada.

And wiki also says this about Futaro Yamada:
Futaro Yamada (山田 風太郎, Yamada Fūtarō?, January 4, 1922 - July 28, 2001) was the pen name of Seiya Yamada (山田 誠也, Yamada Seiya?), a Japanese author. He was born in Yabu, Hyogo. In 1947, he wrote a mystery novel Daruma-tōge no Jiken (達磨峠の事件, Daruma-tōge no Jiken? lit. "The Incident on Dharma Pass") and was awarded a prize by a novel magazine Houseki (宝石, Houseki?). He was discovered by Edogawa Rampo and became a novelist. He wrote many novels of ninja story (忍法帖 Ninpōchō series) and mystery fiction. Many of his works were adapted for film, TV, manga, and anime.

Ninja stories ("Ninpōchō" series)
The Kouga Ninja Scrolls (甲賀忍法帖, Kōga Ninpōchō?, 1959)
Edo Ninpōchō (江戸忍法帖, Edo Ninpōchō? 1960) - adapted to film in 1963.
Gunkan Ninpōchō (軍艦忍法帖, Gunkan Ninpōchō? 1961)
Kunoichi Ninpōchō (くノ一忍法帖, Kunoichi Ninpōchō? 1961) - adapted to film twice in 1964 and 1991.
Gedō Ninpōchō (外道忍法帖, Gedō Ninpōchō? 1962) - adapted to film twice in 1964 and 1992.
Ninja Tsukikageshō (忍者月影抄, Ninja Tsukikageshō? 1962) - adapted to film twice in 1963 and 1996.
Ninpō Chūshingura (忍法忠臣蔵, Ninpō Chūshingura? 1962) - adapted to film twice in 1965 and 1994.
Iga Ninpōchō (伊賀忍法帖, Iga Ninpōchō? 1964) - adapted to film in 1982 and to manga in 2004.
Ninpō Hakkenden (忍法八犬伝, Ninpō Hakkenden? 1964)
Fūrai Ninpōchō (風来忍法帖, Fūrai Ninpōchō? 1964) - adapted to film twice in 1965 and 1968.
Yagyū Ninpōchō (柳生忍法帖, Yagyū Ninpōchō? 1964) Yagyū Jūbei Trilogy #1 - adapted to film in 1998 and to manga in 2005.
Ninpō Sōden 73 (忍法相伝73, Ninpō Sōden 73? 1965) - adapted to film in 1969.
Jiraiya Ninpōchō (自来也忍法帖, Jiraiya Ninpōchō? 1965) - adapted to film in 1995.
Maten Ninpōchō (魔天忍法帖, Maten Ninpōchō? 1965)
Shingen Ninpōchō (信玄忍法帖, Shingen Ninpōchō? 1967)
Makai Tenshō (魔界転生, Makai Tenshō? 1967) Yagyū Jūbei Trilogy #2
Shinobi no Manji (忍びの卍, Shinobi no Manji? 1967) - adapted to film in 1968.
Ninpō Kenshiden (忍法剣士伝, Ninpō Kenshiden? 1968)
Ginga Ninpōchō (銀河忍法帖, Ginga Ninpōchō? 1968)
Higisho Sōdatsu (秘戯書争奪, Higisho Sōdatsu? 1968) - adapted to film in 1993.
Ninpō Fūin Ima Yaburu (忍法封印いま破る, Ninpō Fūin Ima Yaburu? 1969)
Ninja Kokubyaku Zōshi (忍者黒白草紙, Ninja Kokubyaku Zōshi? 1969)
Ninpō Sōtō no Washi (忍法双頭の鷲, Ninpō Sōtō no Washi? 1969)
Uminari Ninpōchō (海鳴り忍法帖, Uminari Ninpōchō? 1971)

If this is based on that , along with Ninjs Scroll action and wachowski influence then....:word:

They are shooting in Berlin, that would seem a very odd place to shoot a movie set in Feudal Japan.

They are shooting in Berlin, that would seem a very odd place to shoot a movie set in Feudal Japan.
didnt they film speed racer in berlin?

i think they are using the sets in berlin.

Ahahahaha
But they also shot V For Vendetta in Berlin , a movie which takes place in England :cwink:

And Berlin will probably be used more often by studios to shoot their flicks there. Both Speed Racer and VfV were shot there.

this movie will be so good that it will just hurt.

they are back with a martial art movie.

groundbreaking action.

I don't think this will be good... I dunno, The Wachowskis are overrated, and haven't done anything good since The Matrix.

I don't think this will be good... I dunno, The Wachowskis are overrated, and haven't done anything good since The Matrix.
a movie about action and fighting?

they are good enough for this type of movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"