• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thieves steal 6,000 copies of Modern Warfare 3 after slamming into a delivery truck

Morg

Grumpy mod
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/718103/modern-warfare-3-delivery-truck-robbed-in-france/

People REALLY want to play their Call of Duty. Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games' Modern Warfare 3 hits stores tomorrow, but a pair of (presumably French) thieves didn't want to wait that long. Two masked men armed with tear gas and knives relieved a delivery truck of its 6,000 copies of the game yesterday morning in a hijacking that took place just south of Paris.

The scene that unfolded sounds like something out of a video game... say a Call of Duty game! The thieves crashed their car into a van transporting the game, according to a TF1 news report (via GameSpot). They then gassed the delivery driver and drove off in the van with the shipment that is almost assuredly speeding its way to black and gray markets now. The shipment is valued at roughly 400,000 Euros, according to a report from Agence France Presse.

I guess this means that video game piracy has just stepped up a notch.

Looks like 6,000 people will be forced to do the unthinkable... like read a book or talk to their loved ones.

Yes! A daring theft is just the sort of thing that would be in a military game like Call of Duty. Grand Theft what?

Videogames = The new currency. :o

Every COD fan for himself! :o

Gentlemen, at dawn we attack the perimeter of Drago's Fortress (aka Gamestop).

Hoo-Rah!!

Seems kinda pointless since the game is available everywhere today. Had they gotten their hands on 6,000 copies a few weeks ago, that'd be different.

Looks like 6,000 people will be forced to do the unthinkable... like read a book or talk to their loved ones.

Or just keep playing Battlefield

^^
They will still sell them and make money, the game being in store is irrelevant.

Seems kinda pointless since the game is available everywhere today. Had they gotten their hands on 6,000 copies a few weeks ago, that'd be different.

Stops you on your way into GameStop...
Psst, over here. You want MW3? 30 bucks.

That, or throw them up on eBay.

Yesterday night I was leaving Walmart and saw a big crowd around gamestop, now I know what that was about.

But 6,000 other people are about to pay the special "fell off a truck" discount price offered by homeboy from around the corner.

That's how I got my PS2 way back when.

Someone pre-ordered MW3 for me as a gift but when I get it I'm thinking I'd rather exchange it for uncharted 3. I'm not a huge multiplayer person these days and would much rather opt for nathan drake's latest adventure.

Why would I buy it from some shady thief when I could go to a legit store?

tumblr_l4acgnszxl1qzjxei.jpg

"Yo, you sayin' you too good for my biznezz, dawg?!"

Why would I buy it from some shady thief when I could go to a legit store?

This.

Cause you're a stand up guy. The rest of us...not so much. :o

It's not about being a stand-up guy, it's about getting a reliable product. Are you really sure that that $30 copy is going to work? You think the guy in JJJ's post gives refunds if it doesn't work? If you don't want to be a stand-up guy, fine, but don't be stupid, you should at the very least shoplift from a place where you know your ill-gotten gains will be what you paid for wanted.

It's not about being a stand-up guy, it's about getting a reliable product. Are you really sure that that $30 copy is going to work? You think the guy in JJJ's post gives refunds if it doesn't work? If you don't want to be a stand-up guy, fine, but don't be stupid, you should at the very least shoplift from a place where you know your ill-gotten gains will be what you paid for wanted.

Pretty much

Guess what....in a year there will be another Call of Duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"