This is not a drill. Ian McShane has joined the cast.

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/ian-mcshane-joins-game-of-thrones-season-6.html

Ian McShane, best known for his terrifying turn as the foul-mouthed anti-hero of Deadwood, will be returning to HBO, by way of Westeros. According to Entertainment Weekly, McShane and his unsettling eyes have been cast in an undisclosed role for season six of Game of Thrones. McShane, who once had a career as a sexy crooner before trying his hand at playing sociopaths, will have “a relatively small amount of screen-time during the season, yet his character is of key importance.” The 72-year-old actor plays scary men of authority, and homocidal Santa Clauses, better than anyone else. We can't wait to see what he does, and who he kills.

4541554350a1331d59ee4effb3c4d494.gif

I wonder who he's playing. Euron Greyjoy? Randyll Tarly? Either way, it's awesome news.

And the award for most awesome title to see while scrolling down the main forums page goes to this thread.

He's definetly got a voice that I'd love to see read Euron's lines. Just imagine this guy talking down any opposition to him at the kingsmoot, or describing why he should be king because of his adventures.

Though if he were Tarly senior, Sam's fear would make a very immediate and emphatic sense.

The thread title. :funny:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. :atp:

He's 72, though? For some reason that surprises me. I thought he'd be early 60s at most.

small role, of key importance?

that's a tough one. too old to be a greyjoy. too old to play howland. might be a bit old for tarly, but he looks great for his age, so who knows. it's probably tarly.

If he is a Greyjoy then that's just fine by me.

Tarly perhaps, though if it really is a small role he could potentially play Gerold Hightower during a Tower of Joy flashback.

Guys. Come on....

He's clearly playing Lady Stoneheart. :o

I'd say that he's playing Randyll Tarly. He looks like a Greyjoy that's for sure but he's too old to be playing any of Balon's brothers. Plus, he looks like he could pass as John Bradley-West's (Sam's actor) father, and I always thought he'd be a good choice for the role. I just hope it's not a one-off like Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's was and he sticks around for the rest of the series.

Randyll has Heartsbane. Valyrian steel is going to be important, so I could see him becoming more important. Especially if the ironborn attack on the south is a thing in the show.

He could be Marwyn the Mage, he kind of has the look for it.

Patrick Malahide is around that age group, yes.

Not to rule anything out, but the casting description for Euron was someone 40s-50, Randyll Tarly was someone 50-60.

He could be Marwyn the Mage, he kind of has the look for it.

There's plenty of time to go back and pick up those characters. Makes me wish that guy that played Jorah's slaver last season had been Moqorro.

Randyll has Heartsbane. Valyrian steel is going to be important, so I could see him becoming more important. Especially if the ironborn attack on the south is a thing in the show.

that's another reason why i thought it would be Tarly, especially with Sam heading down with gilly and baby to do research etc

Remember, friends: it's better to have had McShane and lost him after one episode than to have never had McShane at all.

To today's episode: :dry:

lmao after all these theories he ended up playing a nobody bit role and died for no reason

Did he really though? The Hound was already kind of on a path to redemption before he nearly died, and he didn't really seem like he'd changed all that much in this episode. He still has his guard up (and rightly so), he's still angry at the world, and in the end, he decides to go back to killing. I don't know; it really didn't seem like McShane's character did any more than nurse him back to health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"