THOR animated series slated for 2010!

I don't know about the sleeves. They look a little loose for my liking. But I'm actually glad they changed the part around his crotch area from trunks to the flowy tunic bottom. That's one part of the classic costume that just doesn't really work today.

Exactly, or Loki empowering local criminals to try to kill Thor (Wrecker, Wrecking Crew). Even something like Zaniac, who was like a demonic serial killer. An ideal Thor is one that takes advantage of both of these elements, not just focuses on one.

Don't forget The Absorbing Man. :up:

I wish they would do a Captain Britain series, or at least have him guest star in one of the others..:csad:

Maybe they will. Write to Kyle Yost and tell him "Captain Britain crossover in one of the Marvel cartoons, titled 'The British Invasion.' Get on it." :up:

I don't know about the sleeves. They look a little loose for my liking. But I'm actually glad they changed the part around his crotch area from trunks to the flowy tunic bottom. That's one part of the classic costume that just doesn't really work today.

I don't mind the sleeves, but yeah, the tunic is fine.

And I didn't forget about Absorbing Man, CaptainStacy. :up:

I am curious who is voicing Thor. He has had a variety of voice actors since the DTV era started in 2006. Dave Boat voiced Thor in ULTIMATE AVENGERS 1 & 2. Matthew Wolf is set to voice Thor in the upcoming HULK VS. DTV, due in Jan. 2009. And Michael Adamthwaite, who had the thankless role of Colossus in X-MEN EVOLUTION in 2002-2003 and as Namor the Sub-Mariner in a better performance on FANTASTIC FOUR: WGH in 2006-2007, voiced Thor in NEXT AVENGERS.

In previews, Mr. Wolf sounds fine as Thor in HULK VS. THOR, but Boat and Adamthwaite weren't bad either.

Going back even further to the 90's, John Rhys-Davies voiced Thor for his two guest appearances in the FANTASTIC FOUR cartoon's second season in 1994 (as part of the Marvel Action Hour alongside IRON MAN) as well as in Thor's guest stint in an episode of INCREDIBLE HULK in 1995. To his credit, he is the only voice actor for Thor within the past 10-15 years who had to work with "thou art" type lines for him, and managed very well.

And, of course, Cam Clarke voiced Thor in MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE, but I was never a great fan of his portrayal. It was fine, but nothing too outstanding to me.

They need a dude with a really deep voice for Thor. Rhys-Davies' voice is too distinctive and rough for Thor, I think, although I love him as an actor in general.

How deep, though? Michael Dorn deep?

I thought it was interesting to note how many times Thor has been recast in animation over the past 2-3 years whereas, say, the Hulk, from DTV's to even a guest spot in WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN has been voiced consistently by Fred Tatasciore. Even Marc Worden got to voice Iron Man more than twice.

On a funny tangential note, Marc Worden played Worf's (Michael Dorn) son Alexander on Deep Space Nine. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I don't think Thor's voice needs to be as deep as Dorn's, but it has to be noticeably deep. It has to sound like there's some power behind it. An average guy's voice just wouldn't work for him. Actually, come to think of it, Peter Cullen's voice would be perfect if he weren't basically retired at this point.

On a funny tangential note, Marc Worden played Worf's (Michael Dorn) son Alexander on Deep Space Nine. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I don't think Thor's voice needs to be as deep as Dorn's, but it has to be noticeably deep. It has to sound like there's some power behind it. An average guy's voice just wouldn't work for him. Actually, come to think of it, Peter Cullen's voice would be perfect if he weren't basically retired at this point.

Peter Cullen? I just can't imagine Thor sounding like Optimus Prime.

I guess I always imagined Thor sounding powerful, but not quite as old as Odin or a lot of other gods. Most of his voice actors portray him as mighty but not with a super-deep voice; maybe He-Man is an influence.

This could be Marvel's version of He-man....animated wise
I agree, and to elaborate and repeat myself (both of my favorite hobbies), if the show can match the "adventures in Asgard" angle with the "superhero on Earth" angle, this show could be a brilliant mix of MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE and SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES. It is too good an angle to botch. After all, that would be embracing Thor's full potential. He's not JUST a superhero and he isn't JUST a god who has adventures in Asgard. He is and has been both. Flaunt it. Utilize it.

Peter Cullen? I just can't imagine Thor sounding like Optimus Prime.

I guess I always imagined Thor sounding powerful, but not quite as old as Odin or a lot of other gods. Most of his voice actors portray him as mighty but not with a super-deep voice; maybe He-Man is an influence.
Bleh, I never liked He-Man's voice.

Regarding Cullen: forget about Prime and just think of the tonality of Cullen's voice wrapped in more regal, Lord of the Rings-ish speech patterns like what JMS is writing in the comics. I think it'd be perfect.

too bad I dont like Thor but its good to see Marvel stepping up with its animated projects

Bleh, I never liked He-Man's voice.

Regarding Cullen: forget about Prime and just think of the tonality of Cullen's voice wrapped in more regal, Lord of the Rings-ish speech patterns like what JMS is writing in the comics. I think it'd be perfect.

I think in cartoons, directors usually want Thor to sound like a mighty adventurer, and not sounding too "old". The stereotype is that people with deep, wise man voices can't fight.

I was just curious whether Thor would be recast yet again for his TV series in 2010 or if one of that crop of actors would be tapped for the role, or other roles in the show.

http://www.marvel.com/comics/onsale...content/st/5970new_storyimage6593613_full.jpg

Image from Marvel.com's article about the upcoming THOR TV series.

Looks good, and has Thor's classic costume design. And why not? It was a classic for a reason. WIZARD even once noted it in a Top 10 Superhero costumes list, and it was one of few of their opinions that I agreed with.
The sleeves are a little weird but overall that pretty much classic Thor. :word:
They should've used the chainmail like in his latest mag.

No, chainmail's lame. Leave it for guys like Captain America and the Black Knight, who actually need it. Thor's skin can stand up to nuclear blasts and the heat of the sun. To this day, I still look at his current costume and think "why does he need chainmail?" That's like putting Superman in kevlar.

Or having Wolverine wear a motorcyle helmet.

Oh, wait, that happens. Thank you, overreactive censors. :rolleyes:

Yeah, what's that about? Kids still hurl themselves off of rooftops shouting "I'm Supermaaaaaaaaa-AAAH!" all the time, I'm sure, but no one ever gets on Warner Bros.' case for portraying Superman flying all the time. :o

No, chainmail's lame. Leave it for guys like Captain America and the Black Knight, who actually need it. Thor's skin can stand up to nuclear blasts and the heat of the sun. To this day, I still look at his current costume and think "why does he need chainmail?" That's like putting Superman in kevlar.
Well in the logical sense you're correct but I like that new design Thor's sporting. It just looks pretty cool to me.

Yeah, what's that about? Kids still hurl themselves off of rooftops shouting "I'm Supermaaaaaaaaa-AAAH!" all the time, I'm sure, but no one ever gets on Warner Bros.' case for portraying Superman flying all the time. :o

WB is bigger than Marvel. :o They control more networks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"