Thread for the people who love Season 8

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
OK, I am truly disgusted at the hate for season 8. I find the season to be great and I believe I am not alone.

I am sick of the threads with all the hate, hate and hate.

I will post my positive comments here, and I hope more people who are sick and tired of the hate will join me.

How do I rate the season thus far:

Episode 1 - Good set up, with nothing much happening in terms of action, but it got the character in place - 8/10
Episode 2 - Fantastic episode with fantastic script and dialog. Loved it - 9.5/10
Episode 3 - Another fantastic episode. Great battle and action, with fantastic direction. 9.5/10
Episode 4 - Yet another great episode. Great dialog, good character work and some fine action - 9/10

I honestly don't see what's so horrible of the season. I watch it with a group of 7 people and we all love it. Every single one.

PS: Please no comments of hate in this thread! Here we support the season!

Euron is the best character in televisual or cinematic history

My friends and I have all really loved this season as well. Obviously it would be better if they could have gotten a full season to better develop the story beats, but I think they've done a very good job with the situation they were given.

Outside of a couple of dark scenes, the cinematography has been excellent thus far, and many of the actors have done a good job with what they were given.

For ''The Last of the Starks'' I can see a great episode submission for Peter Dinklage at the Emmys. He was fantastic in it.

Alfie needs some awards love. He won’t get it, but he’s been the best actor for the majority of the show’s run.

For ''The Last of the Starks'' I can see a great episode submission for Peter Dinklage at the Emmys. He was fantastic in it.
Dinklage has been brilliant this season, his best in a long time. Tyrion's increasing fear of Dany has been portrayed wonderfully by him even if I have distaste for the direction they're going with.

Really, I think most of the actors have brought their A game this season. Harrington, Clarke, Dinklage, Turner and Allen have been highlights.

Dinklage has been brilliant this season, his best in a long time. Tyrion's increasing fear of Dany has been portrayed wonderfully by him even if I have distaste for the direction they're going with.

Really, I think most of the actors have brought their A game this season. Harrington, Clarke, Dinklage, Turner and Allen have been highlights.

I agree that he is at his best maybe since season 5. The last 2 season he was a bit shadowed.

This season he has some great moments and already a strong episode submission. But we will see if the negative reception hurts it. He might have even better tape with one of the last two episodes.

As for Emmy chances for nominations (in top categories):
Drama Series - lock
Drama Directing - 1 maybe 2 episodes
Drama Writing - given the bad word for the wiriting this season in might not get in.
Drama Actor - Thus far Harrington have nothing good for a nomination.
Drama Actress - Clarke has better material or at least more meaty emotional moments. She might get in.
Drama Supporting Actor - Dinklage is a lock. Waldau is the only other who might get in if he has one wow of an episode.
Drama Supporting Actress - Williams has a good chance for her second nom. Turner might get in, but it will be hard. Headey is non existent this season (so far). She needs a showstopping last episode to get the nom.

As for Tech categories. It will get in all of them.

Alfie might not get the immediate accolades but I'd be confident in saying his career will take off like Richard Madden's.

I've liked season 8 so far. I do miss the slower burn of the earlier seasons but at the same time I don't have a problem with racing to the finish for the simple fact that I feel that the characters we have left have had more than enough development over the course of the show.

Count me in as someone who's enjoying season 8. A season that contains one of the very best episodes of the series in "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" can't really be worse TV than people are making this season out to be.

I mean to be frank, I feel like if I had only known the consensus of the internet at real time I would've been fooled that people thought Game of Thrones sucked since the dragons were kidnapped in season 2. The dissenters have always been loud. I think the happiest I ever really saw the internet with this show was season 6 probably because even though it's where they really went beyond the books, it united fan favorite characters and confirmed years or decades-old theories in the fandom, specifically about Jon.

I do admit the quality of the writing has dipped a bit (and setpiece-wise they took shortcuts), but I don't think its as atrocious as many feel. I mean hell the worst GOT season is still better than 90 percent of what's on television.

Just to point the hate. The new episode is still not out yet, and it already has 7.2/10 in IMDB with 32% voting with 1. And the episode is not out yet. Yeah, no hate here.

I can't wait of the new episode!

Just watched the second to last episode and I honestly have enjoyed this season.

I will admit it has dropped a bit in quality compared to all the past seasons but it's still pretty solid.

Personally, a Huge amount of the hate is simply because it's not going the way people wanted it to. Which has been an ever growing half assed criticism people use for a lot of movies and TV shows over the years.

Some people on these forums have some valid criticisms but for the most part it's bitterness because things didn't go their way.

I don't love it or hate it. I do feel like they rushed it out for whatever reason, I don't follow everything about the show so whatever their reason is might or might not be known. Euron has been great, PD as Tyrion still my favorite.

I don't love it or hate it. I do feel like they rushed it out for whatever reason, I don't follow everything about the show so whatever their reason is might or might not be known. Euron has been great, PD as Tyrion still my favorite.
This is me, I don't love it or hate it, maybe because I had no set expectations as far as direction. Last seasons tend to be a free for all anyhow. I am happiest for Arya who I've always liked. I was happy with how Theon went out. I don't have many complaints. :)

Loved that penultimate chapter. I really have no idea what show the army of people insisting this episode broke Dany's development were watching. This turn for her has been foreshadowed from the beginning. I guarantee you it's what Martin planned to do, too.

Loved that penultimate chapter. I really have no idea what show the army of people insisting this episode broke Dany's development were watching. This turn for her has been foreshadowed from the beginning. I guarantee you it's what Martin planned to do, too.
I fully expected her to do what she did, if anything because following Tyrion's advice hasn't worked out so well for her. :p

Count me in among those enjoying this season! I had no expectations so i dont know if that helped me enjoy it more. I've also stayed away from spoilers.

Last night was shocking to me! I had hoped Dany wouldnt go all mad queen, but cant say it wasnt a huge possibility, given her actions leading up to this episode. I spent the entire episode worrying about Arya and Drogon lol. I think all the actors have brought their A game, i'm enjoying their performances so much.

One more episode to go. Let's see how it all ends!

I'm not loving this season but I will say that visually, last night was stunning and shocking. For a pure spectacle standpoint... wow. They finally showed the true power of these dragons and it was amazing. Also, I loved how the famed Golden Company went out like a bunch of punks. Also, it was satisfying seeing Euron finally die. Not because he was a good villain, but because he's a terrible character.

They really didn't do Euron justice compared to the books. :(

That penultimate episode redeemed the season for me.
I was not at all feeling this season up until that one dropped, particularly the "calm before the storm" episodes. It retroactively made s8 worth the wait. We're getting to the curtain drop and I'm just :mrk:

Put me in the camp of people that loves it.

Way more than season 7 which I thought was spotty.

Also I've called Daenerys turn since season 1. others say the foreshadowing was started a couple seasons ago but I just knew back then she had Mad King in her.

Fantastic episode. I believe this one had the best Cinematography, Direction and Acting of the entire show. Amazing.

Best moments:
Visual masterpiece
Amazing direction
Fantastic Cinematography (and I am a cinematographer so I know mi ****)
Emmy worthy performances by Peter Dinkalge, Emillia Clarke and Lena Headey.
Cleganebowl was awesome!

What could have been better:
Little more opposition would have been nice. Dany and Drogon just won the war by themselves.

From me: 9.5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"