Thread for the people who love Season 8

I didn't love the season but I liked it fine. I said in another thread it really should've been better, but it also wasn't so bad that it ruined the show for me or anything.

It was a bittersweet ending, which is what i expected from this show tbh lol. I cried my eyeballs out for sure. For me, season 8 was solid. I watched every episode at least 3 times before the following week, which is something i had never done before.

I think the problem is the condensed seasons have forced the writers to move things along at a much faster pace. But despite what the angry mob says I think they've handled it to the best of their ability. but people would have complained regardless. I don't think anyone will be happy with the resolution next week. Even at it's worst this is still easily the greatest show on tv imo.
Problem with this is HBO was willing to throw them more money for a full 10 episode season to wrap. But D&D just wanted to get this over with and move on to that super lucrative Star Wars franchise, so they gave us this bull**** instead. If they even cared an ounce we would've got something better. So it's not that the shortened season messed up the writing. It's that they didn't care to give this a satisfying ending to begin with.

Amazing last episode! It was all I wanted! Yay! Tyrion survived!

10/10 for the episode and 9/10 for the season.

I will write a season review later.

They definitely rushed to the end point and that hurt the flow and the landing, but I'm pretty darn happy with this conclusion. I just can't believe the number of people online acting like this should have ended with Dany or Jon on the throne...

They definitely rushed to the end point and that hurt the flow and the landing, but I'm pretty darn happy with this conclusion. I just can't believe the number of people online acting like this should have ended with Dany or Jon on the throne...
I don't think ppl necessarily want that, since we all know it was gonna be a bittersweet ending. I think they just wanted it to make sense of how things turn out. That whole democracy election thing was a farce, with those lords having no reason to believe Bran even has powers or to elect a cripple as king. And how come Yara didn't ask for independence as well, after being granted that by their Queen the previous season? And why is everyone even listening to the advice of a literally prisoner who's been arrested for treason? And nobody says a word about how rigged for the North that election was? So a Stark now runs the 6 kingdoms with another Stark running the one independent kingdom and all the other lords and ladies are supposed to be ok with that? I can buy Dany's madness and her end, since if you really wanted to, you can look at the subtle hints from the one episode before. But that trial to election scene made no sense at all, considering the last time the kingdoms couldn't decide on the rightful ruler, the War of Five Kings happened.

I watched the finale at this special event screening at a bar in Las Vegas while on vaca and well that crowd certainly seemed to love it. Everyone CHEERED when Bran was appointed king. It kind of gave the impression thats what people wanted all along. It was such a good time.

Then i left the bar and went online and whoooo boy was that a whole different feeling. Lol

I don't think ppl necessarily want that, since we all know it was gonna be a bittersweet ending. I think they just wanted it to make sense of how things turn out. That whole democracy election thing was a farce, with those lords having no reason to believe Bran even has powers or to elect a cripple as king. And how come Yara didn't ask for independence as well, after being granted that by their Queen the previous season? And why is everyone even listening to the advice of a literally prisoner who's been arrested for treason? And nobody says a word about how rigged for the North that election was? So a Stark now runs the 6 kingdoms with another Stark running the one independent kingdom and all the other lords and ladies are supposed to be ok with that? I can buy Dany's madness and her end, since if you really wanted to, you can look at the subtle hints from the one episode before. But that trial to election scene made no sense at all, considering the last time the kingdoms couldn't decide on the rightful ruler, the War of Five Kings happened.
Wrong thread maybe?
Anyway, they were just tired of war, I can not fault them for being reasonable at least once.
Oh, and that was a far cry from democracy...

Really enjoyed the series as a whole, I even enjoyed this season a lot. And the ending while a bit rushed in spots, actually worked for me. Everyone crying now going to be crying for the show to come back in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"