Iron Man 2 Time For an Exodus to Non-Spoilers?

Keyser Soze

AW YEEEAH!
Reaction score
Hey all,

The time is almost upon us. Iron Man 2 comes out in cinemas all over the world later this week, with it hitting in America next week. This is the point when plot details and major spoilers are going to start flying out thick and fast. So far, people have been very good at being considerate, and keeping spoilers in tags. But we'll soon be at the point where spontaneous excitement will inevitably cause someone to forget themselves and let big revelations slip. And in their defence, they'll be able to say "It IS the Spoilers board."

I've avoided spoilers thus far. I don't want to be spoiled, so close to the film's release. But at the same time, I do want to discuss the movie. Non-Spoilers is a total dead zone, but perhaps if a bunch of like-minded folks who don't want to be exposed to any spoilers migrate over to Non-Spoilers, we can get some active discussion going over there?

So who's up for moving? Anyone?

Lead us to the Promised Land!

Thank you! Especially since I probably won't see Iron Man 2 before the end of this month

Hey all,

The time is almost upon us. Iron Man 2 comes out in cinemas all over the world later this week, with it hitting in America next week. This is the point when plot details and major spoilers are going to start flying out thick and fast. So far, people have been very good at being considerate, and keeping spoilers in tags. But we'll soon be at the point where spontaneous excitement will inevitably cause someone to forget themselves and let big revelations slip. And in their defence, they'll be able to say "It IS the Spoilers board."

I've avoided spoilers thus far. I don't want to be spoiled, so close to the film's release. But at the same time, I do want to discuss the movie. Non-Spoilers is a total dead zone, but perhaps if a bunch of like-minded folks who don't want to be exposed to any spoilers migrate over to Non-Spoilers, we can get some active discussion going over there?

So who's up for moving? Anyone?

Keyser, I respect your enthusiasm to get people to go into the non-spoilers thread but haven't you done this in the past? It usually never works out well because most of the conversations are still happening in spoilers so the others stay in there as well. :csad:

I'll probably join you all if we can get enough people down there.

Keyser, I respect your enthusiasm to get people to go into the non-spoilers thread but haven't you done this in the past? It usually never works out well because most of the conversations are still happening in spoilers so the others stay in there as well. :csad:

I'll probably join you all if we can get enough people down there.

Yeah, I tried this a couple of times, with The Dark Knight. I got into an argument with another poster (I BELIEVE, though I'm not sure, he was called Mysterio) because I requested that people on the spoiler boards post their spoilers in spoiler tags. He said that it was the spoiler board, so he could post whatever spoiler he wanted, wherever he wanted, and that if I wanted to avoid being spoiled, I could get my ass over to non-spoilers. I argued that non-spoilers was dead, and so people were essentially being punished for not wanting to be spoiled by being banished to the wastelands. He said not his problem.

So I went to one of the mods, and pitched an idea for bringing some life to the non-spoiler boards. Move all the active threads that weren't specifically about spoilers - Caption Thread, Picture Thread, etc. - over to Non-Spoilers, and more specifically delineate between the two boards so that Spoilers was for spoilers, and Non-Spoilers for all more general discussion. It worked quite well, for a while. But then Mysterio was unhappy about Spoilers no longer containing his favorite threads, so rounded up some supporters to complain and demand they all be moved back, rendering Non-Spoilers back to wasteland status. Guy wanted to have his cake and eat it, it would seem.

A little later, near the time of release, I tried something like this, on a smaller scale. Just a single all-purposes discussion thread over on Non-Spoilers, for posting reviews and the like. I'd say it was a moderate success. Maybe it can work a little better this time round, who knows?

Yeah, I tried this a couple of times, with The Dark Knight. I got into an argument with another poster (I BELIEVE, though I'm not sure, he was called Mysterio) because I requested that people on the spoiler boards post their spoilers in spoiler tags. He said that it was the spoiler board, so he could post whatever spoiler he wanted, wherever he wanted, and that if I wanted to avoid being spoiled, I could get my ass over to non-spoilers. I argued that non-spoilers was dead, and so people were essentially being punished for not wanting to be spoiled by being banished to the wastelands. He said not his problem.

So I went to one of the mods, and pitched an idea for bringing some life to the non-spoiler boards. Move all the active threads that weren't specifically about spoilers - Caption Thread, Picture Thread, etc. - over to Non-Spoilers, and more specifically delineate between the two boards so that Spoilers was for spoilers, and Non-Spoilers for all more general discussion. It worked quite well, for a while. But then Mysterio was unhappy about Spoilers no longer containing his favorite threads, so rounded up some supporters to complain and demand they all be moved back, rendering Non-Spoilers back to wasteland status. Guy wanted to have his cake and eat it, it would seem.

A little later, near the time of release, I tried something like this, on a smaller scale. Just a single all-purposes discussion thread over on Non-Spoilers, for posting reviews and the like. I'd say it was a moderate success. Maybe it can work a little better this time round, who knows?

Hahaha!! I remember Mysterio...he was an annoying turd most of the time. Well, i'll be staying away from spoilers from the people who will have seen the film earlier than those of us who are in the states.

Not really going to the Non-Spoiler section as much as I am not reading posts about Iron Man 2 at all.

For me, it almost sucks not reading the spoilers, because those get me more pumped, and ever since the clips started coming out, i went cold turkey and havn't gone to the spoiler threads, but it seems that the hype has drained from me, hopefully it will pay off at the theatre, at least there will be suprises for me! (Hopefully)

First off boo to Marvel and Paramount for not having a world wide release date. I figured that type of thing is pretty common now. However in respect to our neighbors around the world, I realize it's ususally the U.S. that gets the launch first with the rest of the world patiently waiting. In that regard I say congrats and enjoy to all our friends on either side of the pond.

As for myself, I probably won't be on the board much over the next week, in anticipation of May 7th. I feel I already know stuff I don't want to know, and wish no further suprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"