Tired of the same old guys? Come to our awesome 3rd Party!!!

Maybe the left in NYC; but on a national scale, he will take more of the moderate vote... which has a history of voting Republican in a two-party race. The hillary people know this.

Maybe the left in NYC; but on a national scale, he will take more of the moderate vote... which has a history of voting Republican in a two-party race. The hillary people know this.

Actually, the Hillary people are pretty scared of a Bloomberg run. When I volunteered at her campaign headquarters in the fall, a few of the communications people were discussing the prospects of a Bloomberg run. Independents who dislike Hillary immensely will probably find Bloomberg very appealing. He stands for every social issue she supports, and he comes without the polarizing baggage people fault her for.

He will probably be supported by a few right-leaning independents, but he won't appeal to those socially conservative independents who make up middle America. He will appeal to those who are in the dead center, in states such as Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. Democrats usually have tough/ close races in those states, and if Bloomberg gets in, Hillary (or the eventual nominee) will have to work extra hard to carry those states-- not to mention other swing states such as Ohio and Wisconsin, where Bloomberg's politics are consistent with statewide political leanings.

Actually, they'd probably hate it. Bloomberg may very well take more votes from left-leaning independents, considering his political views and record as mayor. Plus, he has a lot of support in New York City... which is a traditional Democratic stronghold.

Venom'sDad said:

I think Spice is right. Bloomberg's fiscal policies would no doubt cut into some traditionally Republican votes, as Perot did...however, Republicans don't really rely on that any more. They learned when Perot sunk them in '92. Now-a-days they depend on the religious right movement to put them over the top and Bloomberg ain't touchin' that.

He is too socially liberal. Democrats on the other hand, depend to a big extent on social liberals. He is pro-gay marriage, pro-abortion, pro-gun control, anti-death penalty and has a hell of a record for enviromental work. With his resources, his cut into Democratic votes could make Nader's look tiny. Especially if Hillary or Obama is forced on the defense for foreign policies as opposed to domestic, as the Republican candidate will no doubt try to do.

Because Matt asked for it:

I may disagree with Bloomberg on issues like gun control and the death penalty, but I really like the guy. American needs more moderate politicians like Bloomberg. He's conservative where needed and liberal where needed and he can really serve as a uniter, unlike Obama or Huckabee.

I may disagree with Bloomberg on issues like gun control and the death penalty, but I really like the guy. American needs more moderate politicians like Bloomberg. He's conservative where needed and liberal where needed and he can really serve as a uniter, unlike Obama or Huckabee.

:up:

Good points. He is the closest thing to a true moderate in this election, if he decides to jump in. Im actually quite afraid, on the other hand, of the outcome of this. He WILL take away votes from the democratic nominee. Plain and simple. Like Matt and HH have said, republicans bank on the religious right now, and Bloomberg knows that he has a snowballs chance in hell with that. I would prefer a Bloomberg White House over a Clinton White House, but I know that he would split the votes with Clinton/Obama if he does run.

Bloomberg runs, its because we have either Romney or Huckabee as the republican nominee. If Bloomberg splits with the Dem's, the republicans take the white house, and I really dont want a Romney/Huckabee POTUS.

Please Bloomberg, know what you are getting into. I know you will run a better campaign than Nader, but if you take 10-20% of the national vote, the republicans win. Do you, Micheal Bloomberg, want that?

Bloomberg will take votes from Republicans too, particularly the fiscal conservatives and the socially moderate Republicans who don't give a damn about religion.

Bloomberg will take votes from Republicans too, particularly the fiscal conservatives and the socially moderate Republicans who don't give a damn about religion.

Yes, but its not the large block it once was. We all know their bread and butter is that middle america bible thumpers. Those are the guys and girls that vote straight party tickets for all republicans.

But who knows. We might see a shift this election, with all of the moderates/ people in the center wanting to get away from extremes on both sides. I would actually like a Bloomberg White House, more so than any other potenial one right now (The only POTUS for me right now is Edwards).

Actually, the Hillary people are pretty scared of a Bloomberg run. Independents who dislike Hillary immensely will probably find Bloomberg very appealing. He stands for every social issue she supports, and he comes without the polarizing baggage people fault her for.

He will probably be supported by a few right-leaning independents, but he won't appeal to those socially conservative independents who make up middle America. He will appeal to those who are in the dead center, in states such as Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, and New Hampshire.

OK, 1st: hillary people are not afraid of him other than NYC. Remember Ross Perot was the same kind of candidate a social moderate and a fiscal conservative, who was precieve as being weak on defense. The same kind of candidate, not as social liberal as Bloomberg, but Bloomberg is mostly centrist. Perot still took votes away from Bush Sr. because history has shown, most Moderates/Independents vote Republican.... which is what Bloomberg is. The underline/bode proves my point.

2nd: History has shown that Moderate/Independents traditionally hurt Republicans more than Democrats with well known Third Party Candidates.

Finally: Last year when everyone and their sister & brother, was announcing their candidacy for Prez of the U S of A... speculation was running wild about Bloomberg possible run as an Independent. MSNBC Oberman himself said a Bloomberg run would benefit hillary in a three-way race with Rudy G. The Networks then was already conceding RudyG & hillary would be the parties nominees. I agree with Oberman then, I agree with him now... it would benefit hillary if he runs.

You do realize that its not 1992 anymore. The right doesnt lean on fiscal conservatives anymore....

Yes they do, which is one, of many reasons, why RudyG will win the Repub's nomination.

They do lean on them? Really? Its now a block the size of African American voters who vote for the dems. They love that Evangelical right vote.

Rudy is to far gone. If he doesnt win Florida by alot, he is done.

Well, Obama IMO has the potential to attract independent and maybe even some moderate Republican support due to his broad appeal. I really think he can be the "uniter" if he is the Prez.

As for Bloomberg, I really like most of his positions and I wish he'd go back to the Dems (which he was before turning GOP). But even if he stays Independent, I'd seriously consider voting for him if he does run for office, even though I'd still prefer a Democrat instead.

Well, Obama IMO has the potential to attract independent and maybe even some moderate Republican support due to his broad appeal. I really think he can be the "uniter" if he is the Prez.

I doubt it. Especially if he has a Democratic Congress. Just because a few Republicans vote for him, doesn't mean he will unite the country He will do the same thing Bush did with a Republican Congress. Lock out the other side and push his party's agenda. That isn't uniting. That is ignoring half of America because you can. That is the type of behavior that causes partisan politics.

As for Bloomberg, I really like most of his positions and I wish he'd go back to the Dems (which he was before turning GOP). But even if he stays Independent, I'd seriously consider voting for him if he does run for office, even though I'd still prefer a Democrat instead.

So you like him, and agree with his positions, but would vote for a label over a candidate. Its that kinda attitude that is killing America, dude. :csad:

So you like him, and agree with his positions, but would vote for a label over a candidate. Its that kinda attitude that is killing America, dude. :csad:

Unfortunately, after the Nader factor in the 2000 & 2004 elections, I'm very leery about voting for a 3rd party that will just rob Dems' votes away so GOP can win. And since GOP has had 8 years in the WH, I think the Dems deserve a chance to right this ship before it sinks lower.

So you would rather vote for someone that you might not agree with so you keep someone you dont agree with out of the white house? Think about that one for a second...

So you would rather vote for someone that you might not agree with so you keep someone you dont agree with out of the white house? Think about that one for a second...

As I said, I think voting for Nader was one of the main reasons why Bush is a 2-term president, and I don't really want another GOP to win WH just because we decided to vote for a 3rd party candidate. Anyway, Bloomberg hasn't declared so this is kinda moot, and my feeling may change if he does. Unless I really feel that Bloomberg can win, I think I'd rather vote Dems.

As I said, I think voting for Nader was one of the main reasons why Bush is a 2-term president, and I don't really want another GOP to win WH just because we decided to vote for a 3rd party candidate. Anyway, Bloomberg hasn't declared so this is kinda moot, and my feeling may change if he does. Unless I really feel that Bloomberg can win, I think I'd rather vote Dems.

Where do you live...?

If there is someone running, that I beyond a shadow of a doubt, DO NOT want to win for EVERY REASON......, and I know that voting for the one that hits 99% of my criteria has no chance in hell of winning, but someone that meets my criteria 50+% has a great chance of winning with some help in the numbers.....hell yeah I'll vote for the guy that I'm not quite in agreement with to make sure the other does not become president. In a heartbeat!

I guess living in Texas, knowing that its impossible my vote here matters, its different for me.

I live in Texas....

I know, Kel. But do you think that your vote honestly matters, no matter which candidate you choose, for the POTUS??? You know that this state has its mind made up as far as who wins. Whoever the republican nominee is, thats who wins...

I know, Kel. But do you think that your vote honestly matters, no matter which candidate you choose, for the POTUS??? You know that this state has its mind made up as far as who wins. Whoever the republican nominee is, thats who wins...

Two decades ago, I might have thought that it didn't count...........no I believe my vote does count, it is my voice in the political system...and I will continue to make my voice heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"