Titans Titans - Season 1 Episode 8 - "Donna Troy"

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score

As the Titans disband to go their separate ways, Dick decides to turn to old friend and investigative journalist, Donna Troy aka Wonder Girl (guest star CONOR LESLIE), for answers. When he's soon embroiled in her undercover investigation of a crime syndicate, he realizes that past events have taken more of a psychological toll than he previously imagined. Meanwhile, seeing Kory's distress over her inability to recover her identity, Rachel attempts to use her powers to heal Kory's memory… with unintended and frightening consequences.

Guest Cast: Conor Leslie as Donna Troy, Rachel Nicholsas Angela, Damian Walshe-Howling as Graham Norris

Titans - Episode 1.08 - Donna Troy - Promo, First Look Photos + Synopsis

Not too bad an episode, wasn't too Donna focused either, and Starfire has awoken. Was actually suprising to see Kori in something other than pink too. :p I do wonder who sent her on her mission though; presumably someone that knows something about Raven's father (Trigon?)

And a further push toward Nightwing, subtle. Was nice to hear Diana in name too, though would have been nice to see Diana. I do wonder whether the Titans series will ever show us the Justice League, especially if there's a global or extra-dimensional threat looming; surely that would require the JL to enter action, rather than merely the Titans (as much as this show is about the Titans - there's no reason someone like Superman or the Flash couldn't appear where there's grave danger).

I enjoyed the episode but needed WAY more Donna Troy. Hawk&Dove were the central plot in their episode and even Beast Boy was heavily featured in his episode. Donna was more about supporting Dick but I loved the history they built with the two. I definitely need her to hang around.

Good episode.
Really enjoyed what we saw of Donna Troy.
The bat rogue name drops and mention of the Justice League were really cool :D

“I wonder what the penguin is doing right now”
:funny:

This episode was alright. They're really holding off on Nightwing :funny:

Donna is fantastic.

tVgmSCD.gif
lKumKBM.gif

fRJp4Jv.gif
zAeQcjo.gif

I was hoping we'd get a cool fight scene with her.

Hawk/Dove yes along with a potential spin off.

Nothing's been said about Donna. I kind of doubt she'll be joining.

I really liked Donna. hope she returns in the future.

btw, don't know much about the character. Is Donna an Amazon like Diana?

Yes she is. Though looks like they went with the orphan origin where Diana finds her in Mans world and Grant's her the gifts of the Amazon.

Anybody else made uncomfortable by the “you wanna make out with her don’t you?” Thing between starfire and Beast Boy about Raven? :funny:
With how young the girl playing Raven is, I figured that they just....wouldn’t do that.

Anybody else made uncomfortable by the “you wanna make out with her don’t you?” Thing between starfire and Beast Boy about Raven? :funny:
With how young the girl playing Raven is, I figured that they just....wouldn’t do that.

I know they won't pair Rachel and Gar up, at least in the first few seasons, so yes, Kori's teasing was quite unexpected.

I doubt they'd intro all these characters without the intention of either making them series regulars or testing the waters for more spinoffs

Great episode. I liked Donna and Dick together. They can't be introducing all these cool characters for just one episode. Hopefully now Kori has her memory back she will update her wardrobe.

a little bit.

and that's my biggest issue with the age difference with Raven and BB. Even though BB actor looks young, he is still an adult and like 5 or 6 years older than Raven actress (who is underage). Which makes any romantic undertones between the two creepy.

And, frankly, BB actor's age is starting to show. You can tell he's older than the 15 yr old character he's playing.

They should have cast an actor closer to Raven actress age. Or else cast an older actress for Raven.

Last edited:
a little bit.

and that's my biggest issue with the age difference with Raven and BB. Even though BB actor looks young, he is still an adult and like 5 or 6 years older than Raven actress (who is underage). Which makes any romantic undertones between the two creepy.

And, frankly, BB actor's age is starting to show. You can tell he's older than the 15 yr old character he's playing.

They should have cast an actor closer to Raven actress age. Or else cast an older actress for Raven.
Wouldn't make a difference since the character in this series is also many decades older even if he's supposed to look "15"

Overall I thought the episode was pretty good. Donna Troy was interesting without hogging too much of the spotlight, the plot moved the main storyline along, and as usual the direction was pretty good (nice camera angles etc)
Not sure I like how they wrote Dick's decision to kinda quit the team (he could have been like, 'guys, I need to take a break and see an old childhood friend, I'll be back once I've sorted out who I want to be", also kinda silly that he quits the team and then asks Donna to team up..... hello, you already have teammates willing to fight criminals right next to you), but at the end of the day it's a show about super heroes so some unnecessary cheesiness or weak writing are expected.
I find it a little annoying, though, that after a major twist in the main plot it looks like we'll get an episode mainly about Hank and Dawn next. Call me old-fashioned but "Titans" should be about the Titans, not something mainly used as a platform used to launch a whole slew of spinoffs....Anyways, we'll see what the next episode is like.....

On a different note, I found it really creepy, ironically enough, that some of the posters here called Kory's suggestion that gar might want to make out with Rachel creepy.
Here are my reasons:
1- Whatever his age in real life, Gar is meant to be a teenager a teenager in the show (at least in terms of maturity, not sure about the actual age of the character... can't remember details from the comic book, and it might not matter since the story in the show is different, but weren't they all teenagers in the book? It was called the "New Teen Titans after all). In fictional terms I don't see anything strange about Kory's suggestion. Also, let's say the actor is actually 20.... that's still a very minor age difference (and he's playing a childish character, not a mature guy trying to dupe a younger girl into doing something stupid)
2-Also, it was just a question, they didn't actually make out
3- And here's the weirdest part..... I haven't been 15 in a long time, sadly, but I do remember that I was attracted to plenty of older girls, just like girls my age were often chatting about older boys. Are you guys really implying that being attracted to someone slightly older is "creepy"? Because if that's the case all teenagers are creepy perverts in real life . You guys really believe in the fairy tale that kids shouldn't even think about sex until they turn 18? Boy, that's Middle Ages kind of thinking....
4 Quick addendum.... a lot of people have been killed or maimed on the show (including cops)..... so that's acceptable, but the mere suggestion that two kids might make out is disturbing? Seriously? What kind of a world do we live in? I don't even know what to say here....

Since we are on the topic, I'll tell you what else I find even creepier....
The Catholic church is all for celibacy until marriage..... but had no problems forcing girls as young as ten to marry much older guys for political reasons, and they certainly had no problems covering up the fact that plenty of priests (often very old) habitually raped children to protect the church's reputation. So, there you go, I find it a lot creepier than some people can support an organization that has a history of promoting rape and abuse. I guess I'm stupid but yeah, a brief comment (meant to be friendly teasing) in a fictional TV show and about fictional kids doesn't bother me at all.

Just my two cents guys, peace

On a different note, I found it really creepy, ironically enough, that some of the posters here called Kory's suggestion that gar might want to make out with Rachel creepy.
Here are my reasons:
1- Whatever his age in real life, Gar is meant to be a teenager a teenager in the show (at least in terms of maturity, not sure about the actual age of the character... can't remember details from the comic book, and it might not matter since the story in the show is different, but weren't they all teenagers in the book? It was called the "New Teen Titans after all). In fictional terms I don't see anything strange about Kory's suggestion. Also, let's say the actor is actually 20.... that's still a very minor age difference (and he's playing a childish character, not a mature guy trying to dupe a younger girl into doing something stupid)
2-Also, it was just a question, they didn't actually make out
3- And here's the weirdest part..... I haven't been 15 in a long time, sadly, but I do remember that I was attracted to plenty of older girls, just like girls my age were often chatting about older boys. Are you guys really implying that being attracted to someone slightly older is "creepy"? Because if that's the case all teenagers are creepy perverts in real life . You guys really believe in the fairy tale that kids shouldn't even think about sex until they turn 18? Boy, that's Middle Ages kind of thinking....
4 Quick addendum.... a lot of people have been killed or maimed on the show (including cops)..... so that's acceptable, but the mere suggestion that two kids might make out is disturbing? Seriously? What kind of a world do we live in? I don't even know what to say here....

Since we are on the topic, I'll tell you what else I find even creepier....
The Catholic church is all for celibacy until marriage..... but had no problems forcing girls as young as ten to marry much older guys for political reasons, and they certainly had no problems covering up the fact that plenty of priests (often very old) habitually raped children to protect the church's reputation. So, there you go, I find it a lot creepier than some people can support an organization that has a history of promoting rape and abuse. I guess I'm stupid but yeah, a brief comment (meant to be friendly teasing) in a fictional TV show and about fictional kids doesn't bother me at all.

Just my two cents guys, peace

First, an underage person being attracted to someone (slightly or a lot) older person isn't creepy, it's very natural. It is just that the older person (if they're older than legal age) has the responsibility to refuse any signal/ advantage from the younger person.

Second, I think people here are uncomfortable with the idea of Teagan Croft, who is 14 years old, being paired up with Ryan Potter, who is 23 years old. That's a very big age gap, considering they're both really young. And of course there's also the fact that one is 4 years under legal age and one is 5 years over. And I can't speak for everyone, but personally for me, it really doesn't matter how old the characters are, what matters is how old the actors are, because young actors are real human beings and need to be protected, at the end of the day I don't care about what drug or sex happen to fictional characters. Like in On My Block (Netflix series, highly recommend), all characters are 13/14 year-old (they started freshman in high school) but they have sex and smoke in the most casual manner as possible, and I don't really care at all because all actors are actually in their 20s. On the other hand Gar might be the same age as Rachel but the fact that the actors are almost a decade apart is kind of iffy (if they have to do kissing or cuddling scenes and the likes). Kori's teasing might indicate that the writers want to toy with this idea, so people are uncomfortable with the implications of the teasing, not the teasing itself.

And the history of Catholic church forcing 10-year-old girls to marry much older man isn't really relevant here. The fact that a 23-year-old and 14-year-old being paired up is much less creepy, but it's still creepy nevertheless.

Ehh, whatever. I can suspend my disbelief.

By the way I didn't know that the dude who plays Dick is also an Aussie. Aussies and Brits are gonna put American actors out of work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"