• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tom Jane interview on faboy radio and he talks Punisher 2

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score

Tim Bradstreet

July 24, 2007 - Tuesday
Jane EXUDES Bad Planet/Alien Pig Farm 3000 on FANBOY RADIO
Wanna know the latest and greatest on everything RAW?
Listen closely friends and neighbors, Jane fields Punisher 2 questions, answers rumors, and lays down the law on raw imagination. Check it out right here Amigos.

Fanboy Radio With Thomas Jane (full hour)

I have not listened to it yet so if someone does...either post the quotes or the "time" on the audio file where he talks Punisher 2.

Update: Strange (below) says it's at the 13 minute mark. :)

You got it boss... hang tight, I'll do it right now. Don't go anywhere.

I'm at 8:00 min right now and nothing yet except one comment from interviewer.

Go to the 13 minute mark and he talks about the Punisher. He said for the second one he wanted a taxi driver. More realistic dirty and real type of film.

So it's more than just the tone. He said he wanted to "do Taxi Driver". He also said he will NOT be "The Comedian" in Watchmen. I really like Tom Jane. It's too bad things didn't work out as he has alot of passion for his work even if he's not on the same page as everyone. That's a good thing. I wish the best for him. I like the sound of Mutant Chronicles.

Yeah I hope Jane finds a great role in the future and makes that totally badass action classic that Punisher 2004 half was.

To bad Tom couldn't do the sequel, I guess we'll have to look forward to Stevenson and what he can bring to the sequel.

And now people can shut up with the Taxi Driver crap... He wanted realism!

That's okay, we can just start whining about how he called Castle a "looney toon" on the first fanboy radio before retracting the comment.

............... When Tom says he wanted a Taxi Driver Punisher movie that seems to mean (when he first said that in late 2004) that Punisher 2 would be realistic, dark, gritty, violent, hearing Frank’s voice in the background (like a War Journal entry), and seeing the Punisher becoming more of a dark violent character. It would be an action movie of course but with a story and plot and not just an action movie.

A very good interview but mainly an interview for Tom Jane fans... not Punisher fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"