• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Toys you would like to see made from Hasbro

mec

Civilian
Reaction score
Heres the main one I would like to see:
ML style transfromers, in robot mode. Articulate like the alternators, now include a Build a figure (BAF) piece that is also somewhat articualte and sized to that of the Sentinel or Galactus.

The reg figs could be your favorites. (not resissued, but adding a little bit of articualtion to the original pieces
G1 of course
Optimus,
Starscream
Soundwave
Bumblebee
Prowl
Jazz
Grimlock in dino mode
LAzer beak and Ravage
Soundwave

but the key is the BAF:
a 14 in or so Devastator (not $200 by Palisades) but roughly about the cost of the ML giants
then you could do:
Predaking
Defensor
Superion
Bruticus (G1)
Menosor
Abominus
6 shooter
Galvatron
Metroplex (more than 6 figs in this series)

but thats just an idea,
now yours can be seen here. :trans:

So super Articulated Transformers that don't transform? I would actually be all for that, I much prefer the robot forms anyway.

I would love Star Wars Legends....6 inch articulated Star Wars figures....they would rock.

Action master 2.0? :oldrazz: It bombed 20 years ago what makes you think it would fly now.

90actionmaster_catalog.jpg

20 years is a long damn time.

Why it might work now? Back then action figures were made almost exclusively to play with, today Actions figures are a collector Driven Market, some of the most poular figures out there today feature no action features and vry few POA (Neca, McFarlane)

I could easliy see this working today.

when I see the figs from MArvel Legends doing so well, I see potential. The cool part about the idea is the Bafs like it was done for Marvel legends, as long as its done like the sentinel, big, not like Annihilus, which was the same size. Quality is major, it must compete with the movie toy companies like mcfarlane and NECA, which did a very good job on Pirates and the new coming Labyrinth

20 yrs ago, action masters as I recall were not even as good as the original transformers.
the best thing to come out since G1 and G2s (early) were the reissues and the alternators.
Now granted they have good articulation, I had a few. and they transformed, if they could release waves of these, instead of 4/8 a year, they are the best pieces.

The new classic deluxes are OK, the best one is Starscream, Ramjet, and Bumblebee,
Grimlock, and Astrotrain are alright I guess.

Rambling on, they could build a piece not worrying about trnaforming, work on detail amnd articulation and inlcude a baf piece for a bigger, fig. FOr standard size use the alternator size

20 years is a long damn time.

Why it might work now? Back then action figures were made almost exclusively to play with, today Actions figures are a collector Driven Market, some of the most poular figures out there today feature no action features and vry few POA (Neca, McFarlane)

I could easliy see this working today.
Transformers are primarily still marketed to kids. With a few nods here and there for us adult collectors. Like classics Starscream. He looks like an update to a character that was on TV 20 years ago. His whole existance is for me and people like me. But for the kids he has missile launchers. A neo-actionmasters would appeal to collectors that don't really like transforming part of transformers.

mec said:
when I see the figs from MArvel Legends doing so well, I see potential. The cool part about the idea is the Bafs like it was done for Marvel legends, as long as its done like the sentinel, big, not like Annihilus, which was the same size. Quality is major, it must compete with the movie toy companies like mcfarlane and NECA, which did a very good job on Pirates and the new coming Labyrinth
The 3 big BAF's were done by Toy biz. Hasbro has yet to put one out. Anyway as far as TF collectors go those, like you, who'd like a new action masters are in the minority. I'd personally never heard of them before a month ago. But those who had, had nothing but snide comments about them.

ML scale and articulation SW figs would ROCK!!!
Super Poseable Luke, Darth Vader, Bobba Fett, Han, Obi-Wan (Both old and young), Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Qui-Gonn, Emperor Palpatine, YODA...
Jabba the BAF... now that would be soo cool...

I would LOOOOVE Star Wars: Legends.

Seriously, you make Star Wars Transformers which are beyond lame (don't give me the kid crap, the majority of Star Wars figs are purchased by adults for adults) but you don't give us Star Wars: Legends? I'm a SW purest, I in NO way would want these things to replace the current line, but seriously let's think about it.

Star Wars Legends Wave 1: A New Hope/Phantom Menace

Han Solo
Princess Leia
Luke Skywalker
Chewbacca
Darth Maul
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old and Padawan versions)
Qui-Gon Jinn

Wave II: The Empire Strikes Back/Attack of the Clones

Boba Fett (removable helmet to show the face of Temu Morrison...or swappable head)
Jango Fett
Lando Calrissian
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Padawan)
Darth Vader (removble mask or swappable head) also could be a red eye/blue hue variant
Yoda
Ki Adi Mundi
Clone Trooper (color stripe variant)
Storm Trooper

Wave 3: Return of the Jedi/Revenge of the Sith

Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader (yellow eyed Anakin Skywalker)
Slave Leia
Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi
Han Solo (sans Jacket with Carbonate block/base)
General Grievous
Lando in guard disguise
Mace Windu
C3P0
Darth Sidus
R2D2 (perhaps packaged with 3P0 ala Deadpool and Doop)
Clone Commander Cody

Future waves could include EU figures as well as any other figure yet to be made. The bafs could be things like AT-AT's, X-Wings, Spider droids......you name it.

The possibilities are endless with a line like this

It's a wonder that nobody's asked for jar jar...

I WAS going to put him in the line just to...you know, have the whole episode I set. But I figure if we skip on "little ani" then forget Jar Jar.

Rancor would be good, so would jabba,
how about the Sarlacc.

my question would be how big, like the unleashed? and would you want the articulation to show like in the ML series

I still like the idea about the transformers, along the lines of the alternators and bafs of the combiners

Jar Jar could come with little Ani... Like Silver Surfer came with Howard the Duck... and that my friends would be the peg warmer of the series...
We forgot the Ewoks, Sand people, Jawas... and the alien dude that Han killed in the bar... what's his name... can't belive I forgot...

his name is Greedo, another Baf, if they could pull it off, the bantha and dewback, speederbike, and sandspeeder

Yeah, I left it open for future waves. I want EU figures as well as more Clone Commanders.

I'd definitely love some Star Wars Legends. Especially all of the Jedi and Sith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"