Transformers Transformers World Premiere is...

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
at the Taormina Film Fest of course.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i2b2fca56f8264cb7ec1d448fa9a55a09

'Transformers' to conquer Taormina first!
By Eric J. Lyman

May 30, 2007
ROME -- "Transformers," the big-budget summer action flick from Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg, will have its world premiere at the Taormina Film Fest, Deborah Young, the event's artistic director, said Tuesday.

Young said the premiere would represent the first time a major U.S. film of that stature premiered at the 53-year-old Taormina event.

Bay, several cast members and executives from distributor Paramount Pictures will arrive by helicopter in an elaborate ceremony before the June 21 screening.

The science fiction film about an invasion of Earth by transformer robot armies will open elsewhere on the planet July 4.

"We think the decision to premiere 'Transformers' in Taormina shows a renewed interest in the festival, and it illustrates the strong ties between this Mediterranean festival and American cinema," Young, in her first year as artistic director, said in an interview.

Taormina, located on the Italian island of Sicily, will host the festival June 16-22.

Two conclusions can be drawn from this.

1. Bay and Spielberg have confidence they've made a great movie that will be well received by audiences everywhere. If there was any, even the smallest amount, of doubt the movie would succumb to critical reviews, they'd wait to screen it.

2. They're trying to squash some hype/interest in Die Hard and Harry Potter.

I'm going to the Premiere in RI on June 28th -- I wonder if Bay and Speilburg will helicopoter to that haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"