Revenge of the Fallen Shia LaBeouf talks "Transformers 3".

personally,this is what "I" would like to see...

3 years later...Sam is ready to graduate college (i figure with some of the stuff from the Allspark in his head,he could ace some of the classes),with Mikaela by his side,as they've moved into an off-campus apartment together....

after the "unveiling" of the TF's,the reaction is mixed: the Autobots have helped humankind with advancements in technology,while still suffering Decepticon attacks throughout the years...

indeed,one of the bloodiest battles is taking place in Siberia (TF's in the snow!) at the beginning of the movie when the Autobot's are winning,and suddenly the battle is interrupted...Astrotrain has arrived from Cybertron,barely alive,to tell a horrific tale - Cybertron is no more! consumed by the Chaos God, UNICRON! (this would be shown with the laser-light show from the eyes,ala Prime in TF1 )...Megatron,in a rage,commandeer the Decepticon's ship and flies there at full speed (it seems he DOES care for something...his homeworld,and nothing else)...confronting Unicron in deep space,he attacks,but his ship is blown apart,and Megs killed...that is,until Unicron finds a use for him and reformats him into his seeker,GALVATRON! he sends him to Earth with one explicit purpose - get the Matrix of Leadership, (carried by Optimus Prime,taken from the wreckage of the pyramid at the end of TF2),whic he fears...

suddenly,the now leaderless Decepticons are forced into an alliance with the Autobots to defend themselves,and,like it or not,the only planet they now have...upon this story we will have the usual commitment issues of Sam and Mikaela , humor,Starscream's golden opportunity,with both the #1 and #2 Decepticon's out of the way,to become leader (and all the backstabbing that will come with that),and Sam Witwicky's true,ultimate destiny...after all,"HE" earned the Matrix,not Optimus,and will find himself thrust into the greatest galactic battle of all time,against his will,as only he can save his planet,as well as the remainder of the Cybertronian race,from the Devourer of Worlds....or die trying...

Heroes will die...Villians will fall....Evil will rise...and the Chosen One will emerge

....of course,i'd also have this be the LAST movie! :woot:

I want the 3rd movie to be set on Cybertron as well, but I dont want Unicron as the bad guy just yet. Having Unicron in the 3rd would mean it would be impossible to raise the stakes in the 4th movie. So for me, Thunderwing needs to be the bad guy in the 3rd movie, along with Bludgeon.

In fact, if anyone has read it, an adaptation of Stormbringer, with Sam, Mikaela, Lennox and Epps along for the ride, would be the perfect 3rd movie. The flashback scene's involved in the story of when Thunderwing first rose would be perfect, Megatron and Prime fighting side by side, we could even get a scene with Jazz and Jetfire possibly. It would significantly raise the stakes from the 2nd movie for me and we still have Unicron as well as other bad guys for the 4th movie and beyond.

I want the 3rd movie to be set on Cybertron as well, but I dont want Unicron as the bad guy just yet. Having Unicron in the 3rd would mean it would be impossible to raise the stakes in the 4th movie.
I totally agree. I 'd rather the sequel doesnt raise the stakes in size, but in storytelling and characters. TDK had half the action TF had and it was a better movie. Also, as you point out, introducing Unicron in any movie would make it impossible to up the ante in the next film. Unless Unicron is underused like the Fallen and Devastator... :hehe:
So for me, Thunderwing needs to be the bad guy in the 3rd movie, along with Bludgeon.
Who are these guys and would they be over Megatron as villains?

Also, i agree with you, we need to see flashbacks from Cybertron. We only have Prime's narration in TF2007 for what happened but it wouldnt be very cool if we saw a flashback of an event on Cybertron that affects what is going on now. And i mean a big flashback, like those in Batman Begins, not the 20 seconds of ROTF. I gave my proposals in the "TF Sequel" SHH forum for anyone who's interested. Here:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=17124639&postcount=43

I totally agree. I 'd rather the sequel doesnt raise the stakes in size, but in storytelling and characters. TDK had half the action TF had and it was a better movie. Also, as you point out, introducing Unicron in any movie would make it impossible to up the ante in the next film. Unless Unicron is underused like the Fallen and Devastator... :hehe:
Who are these guys and would they be over Megatron as villains?

They are not as well known as Megatron, but Thunderwing has always been a seperate bad guy, in the old comics, he housed the Matrix and turned it evil for a while, but his story in the comics is great.

He is a decepticon that experimented on himself with biological lifeforms and in Stormbringer he helped destory Cybertron, the Autobots and Decepticons had to team up to fight, and eventually they did defeat him but never found a body. In Stormbringer, Bludgeon, a decepticon, resurrects Thunderwing under his command as well as his research, its takes Optimus Prime, and the wreckers (a team of Autobots called on in only the most dire situations) as well as some brains from Jetfire to take him out again after Bludgeon's experiments kill him. Thunderwing, now with no orders to follow, tries to destory Cybertron once and for all but they eventually stop him. The flashback's to his uprising on ancient Cybertron are amazing also, with both sides fighting side-by-side against Thunderwing.

The body of Thunderwing is later stolen by Galvatron and used by Nova Prime to protect part of a device that is set to destroy the universe. Ultra Magnus and the Wreckers take Thunderwing on to no evail.

Also, i agree with you, we need to see flashbacks from Cybertron. We only have Prime's narration in TF2007 for what happened but it wouldnt be very cool if we saw a flashback of an event on Cybertron that affects what is going on now. And i mean a big flashback, like those in Batman Begins, not the 20 seconds of ROTF. I gave my proposals in the "TF Sequel" SHH forum for anyone who's interested. Here:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=17124639&postcount=43

I think the situation above would be perfect. For more info on Thunderwing, read the Stormbringer TPB.

personally,this is what "I" would like to see...

3 years later...Sam is ready to graduate college (i figure with some of the stuff from the Allspark in his head,he could ace some of the classes),with Mikaela by his side,as they've moved into an off-campus apartment together....

after the "unveiling" of the TF's,the reaction is mixed: the Autobots have helped humankind with advancements in technology,while still suffering Decepticon attacks throughout the years...

indeed,one of the bloodiest battles is taking place in Siberia (TF's in the snow!) at the beginning of the movie when the Autobot's are winning,and suddenly the battle is interrupted...Astrotrain has arrived from Cybertron,barely alive,to tell a horrific tale - Cybertron is no more! consumed by the Chaos God, UNICRON! (this would be shown with the laser-light show from the eyes,ala Prime in TF1 )...Megatron,in a rage,commandeer the Decepticon's ship and flies there at full speed (it seems he DOES care for something...his homeworld,and nothing else)...confronting Unicron in deep space,he attacks,but his ship is blown apart,and Megs killed...that is,until Unicron finds a use for him and reformats him into his seeker,GALVATRON! he sends him to Earth with one explicit purpose - get the Matrix of Leadership, (carried by Optimus Prime,taken from the wreckage of the pyramid at the end of TF2),whic he fears...

suddenly,the now leaderless Decepticons are forced into an alliance with the Autobots to defend themselves,and,like it or not,the only planet they now have...upon this story we will have the usual commitment issues of Sam and Mikaela , humor,Starscream's golden opportunity,with both the #1 and #2 Decepticon's out of the way,to become leader (and all the backstabbing that will come with that),and Sam Witwicky's true,ultimate destiny...after all,"HE" earned the Matrix,not Optimus,and will find himself thrust into the greatest galactic battle of all time,against his will,as only he can save his planet,as well as the remainder of the Cybertronian race,from the Devourer of Worlds....or die trying...

Heroes will die...Villians will fall....Evil will rise...and the Chosen One will emerge

....of course,i'd also have this be the LAST movie! :woot:

Why does everyone keep wanting to remake the '86 Movie?
Personally, i never liked the concept of Unicron. A giant TF that eats planets? Sounds like a rip-off of Galactus to me, wich makes it a rip-off of a lame character to begin with. (I sense stones being thrown at me, right now)
The idea of Megatron dying and being reborn should have been used in RoTF (The Fallen bringing Megs back to life would make more sense than Megs being his disciple. Would also avoid the whole "Where was The Fallen during the time Megatron was on ice?" discussion).
I just hope that whatever story they come up with, they put a bit more thought into what they're writing. I absolutely loved RoTF but i have to agree with most of the comments made about the many plot-holes it has. I don't let that spoil the enjoyment of the eye-candy slugfest that RoTF is but not having to deal with that next time would be nice.

Why does everyone keep wanting to remake the '86 Movie?
Personally, i never liked the concept of Unicron. A giant TF that eats planets? Sounds like a rip-off of Galactus to me, wich makes it a rip-off of a lame character to begin with. (I sense stones being thrown at me, right now)
The idea of Megatron dying and being reborn should have been used in RoTF (The Fallen bringing Megs back to life would make more sense than Megs being his disciple. Would also avoid the whole "Where was The Fallen during the time Megatron was on ice?" discussion).
I just hope that whatever story they come up with, they put a bit more thought into what they're writing. I absolutely loved RoTF but i have to agree with most of the comments made about the many plot-holes it has. I don't let that spoil the enjoyment of the eye-candy slugfest that RoTF is but not having to deal with that next time would be nice.
Agreed. He just wants live action G1. But the weird part is that he would make it the final movie. Why?

You kind of have to bring in Unicron to be honest. The Fallen already had this sense of end all, be all with his "aarrgh, me gonna destroy the sun with me giant Romulan-shaped weapon" thing. So the next step up for us would be having our planet possibly be eaten out of existence. And Unicron must be a cloud.

i forgot but what is the energy source from the transformers?

i mean in the movie. they dont have energon right ?

Thanks a lot!!!

No probs, ha ha, sounds like you like that story!

You kind of have to bring in Unicron to be honest. The Fallen already had this sense of end all, be all with his "aarrgh, me gonna destroy the sun with me giant Romulan-shaped weapon" thing. So the next step up for us would be having our planet possibly be eaten out of existence. And Unicron must be a cloud.

There are other characters who can be doombringer's though without Unicron being needed. Thunderwing practically destroyed Cybertron in the comics, Nova Prime would have destroyed the universe if Galvatron hadnt double crossed him (then Optimus beat Galvatron of course). Heck Sixshot would be a hell of a bad guy that would considerably raise the stakes of the next movie, there are so many other options before we go with Unicron.

i mean in the movie. they dont have energon right ?

Energon was mentioned extensively in ROTF.

There are other characters who can be doombringer's though without Unicron being needed. Thunderwing practically destroyed Cybertron in the comics, Nova Prime would have destroyed the universe if Galvatron hadnt double crossed him (then Optimus beat Galvatron of course). Heck Sixshot would be a hell of a bad guy that would considerably raise the stakes of the next movie, there are so many other options before we go with Unicron.
You have a point there, but Bay messed up. These are pretty much normal transformers, just very powerful ones. Bay introduced the second most powerful bad guy of the franchise in ROTF, and he made him ridiculously underpowered and scared like a little kid. Who would buy that any of the aforementioned TF are a big threat? And besides, do we really need another big bad guy out of nowhere to upscale Megatron and bring doom? Again? Megatron is just as competent, there is no need to bring bad guys out of nowhere in every movie to raise the stakes. "Oh yeah guys, you know all this time that Megatron was frozen? Turns out he had a master who was chilling in Saturn. Makes no sense that he didnt help but look at Megan's boobs! And you know what? It turns out there was another bad guy all along. Prime will just say: "We held so much MORE from you SAM.""
And besides the fact that it will seem repetitive and probably create more plot holes, do we not love Megatron? We do. Why do i need another villain to make Megatron his *****? Do i need to see Darkseid make the Joker his ***** to up the ante? No, the joker (and megatron in this case) can just as easily capture our attention for many movies without the need of a master. So, the stakes could be raised through plot, not because there is a new bad guy.

I say the franchise needs to find its balance. Megatron can just as easily be a big threat. He only needs a good plan and a big army. The movie will up the ante from ROTF with a good plot (too much to ask?), shots of cybertron (flashback or they return there during the movie) and maybe a combiner that doesnt suck (both literally and metaphorically but mostly the latter). The movie will be just as good if it actually says something. If it dwells on the war and its consequences, the sacrifices, etc. Bay not only messed up the plot, he messed up the action too. You'd think that Bay would get Devastator right!

But for all of this to happen, we need another director. The only way Bay knows to improve from film to film is to add more crass jokes and more explosions. That's the only thing he knows because he is a hack. "How do we make this one better? Oh yeah, more explosions and more boobs!" So only hacks like Bay will need another doombringer to make a better sequel.

Last edited:
Besides, what did the Fallen offer? He was a joke! The best fight scene of the movie involved Megatron and not him. The fallen's telekinisis was cool, but not such a big asset to the movie.

If they had stuck with what was presented in the prequel comic - Alliance and Defiance - and to some extent the novel itself (and by extension, the comic book adaptation of the movie), it would have been a lot better.
The Fallen was trapped in some relic and couldn't actually do anything except give orders to Megatron wich seemed to be the only one capable of seeing him.
In the movie he seems to be trapped to that "throne" thing. At least that is the feeling i've had the several times i've watched it. Notice he doesn't get up when talking to Megatron and he seems somewhat restrained by it and even seems to deactivate when their conversation is over - maybe it's just me but thats the vibe i get. Only when Prime is killed does he rise from it - ripping through some parts in the process. This may have been the movies take on his inprisonment but compared to the relic thing, it is way too subdued and left to interpretation.
In the novel/comic he only fisically appeared during the final battle, exiting some portal over the pyramids. That of course brings the question "how did he get free?", since no explanation was given.

Here's how i would have done it, an hybrid of the two:
In the scene where Megatron returns to the Nemesis, they would show us the relic with the fiery face of The Fallen in it.
After Prime dies, we're shown the relic shatering and The Fallen revealed, free from inprisonment.
His remaining scenes would play out pretty much the same except he would be a lot harder to kill in his fight with Prime.

Last edited:
Prime will just say: "We held so much MORE from you SAM.""

He doesn't say that in the movie. Only in the trailers.

But for all of this to happen, we need another director. The only way Bay knows to improve from film to film is to add more crass jokes and more explosions. That's the only thing he knows because he is a hack. "How do we make this one better? Oh yeah, more explosions and more boobs!" So only hacks like Bay will need another doombringer to make a better sequel.

I love Bay's movies and i love RoTF, despite its many, many flaws.
The problem with changing directors, for me is, i keep remembering the Batman movie debacle - the old movies not the Nolan reboot. Burton's films were great, then came Shumaker and f***ed the whole franchise.
If they do change directors, here's my personal suggestions:
1 - Send Spielberg to the front lines and have him direct, i'd like to see that.
2 - J.J. Abrahams is busy with Trek 2 but it could be an interesting take.
3 - Chris Nolan... maybe (it might turn this into an angst ridden fest though).
My final suggestion...
4 - James Cameron. say what you will from his post-Titanic stuff, the guy created the Terminator and directed Aliens, two of the best action+sci-fi flicks ever.

What is funny is that since the first and especially the second movie aren't particularly great films with great writing, this may be the first franchise to actually have a good third movie compared to the first two and it may be the first big franchise to survive the threequel curse that not many franchises before have over come.

As much as i love Nolan, i dont think he is capable of handling a spectacle that big. And he will tone down the humor too much. I dont think that Nolan is the right director for a balls to the wall blockbuster. But i dont want decepticon scrotums, and huge plot holes either...
Suggestions like Cameron, Spielberg being Bay's nanny, Abraams could work.

You have a point there, but Bay messed up. These are pretty much normal transformers, just very powerful ones. Bay introduced the second most powerful bad guy of the franchise in ROTF, and he made him ridiculously underpowered and scared like a little kid. Who would buy that any of the aforementioned TF are a big threat? And besides, do we really need another big bad guy out of nowhere to upscale Megatron and bring doom? Again? Megatron is just as competent, there is no need to bring bad guys out of nowhere in every movie to raise the stakes. "Oh yeah guys, you know all this time that Megatron was frozen? Turns out he had a master who was chilling in Saturn. Makes no sense that he didnt help but look at Megan's boobs! And you know what? It turns out there was another bad guy all along. Prime will just say: "We held so much MORE from you SAM.""
And besides the fact that it will seem repetitive and probably create more plot holes, do we not love Megatron? We do. Why do i need another villain to make Megatron his *****? Do i need to see Darkseid make the Joker his ***** to up the ante? No, the joker (and megatron in this case) can just as easily capture our attention for many movies without the need of a master. So, the stakes could be raised through plot, not because there is a new bad guy.

I say the franchise needs to find its balance. Megatron can just as easily be a big threat. He only needs a good plan and a big army. The movie will up the ante from ROTF with a good plot (too much to ask?), shots of cybertron (flashback or they return there during the movie) and maybe a combiner that doesnt suck (both literally and metaphorically but mostly the latter). The movie will be just as good if it actually says something. If it dwells on the war and its consequences, the sacrifices, etc. Bay not only messed up the plot, he messed up the action too. You'd think that Bay would get Devastator right!

For me, the stakes need to be raised every movie, Megatron can still be there, doing what he does best, but that doesnt mean another villain cant be introduced also, as a fan of the comics, I want to see as many villains as possible, that arent just Megatron.

Also, the line "Weve kept much from you Sam" wasnt in the movie, only the trailer.

For me, the stakes need to be raised every movie, Megatron can still be there, doing what he does best, but that doesnt mean another villain cant be introduced also, as a fan of the comics, I want to see as many villains as possible, that arent just Megatron.

Also, the line "Weve kept much from you Sam" wasnt in the movie, only the trailer.
I know it was from the trailer, but it summarizes what Bay did with the plot. The Fallen was behind this all along. "We ve kept much from you fans." And i would hate it if in the third movie they reveal that it was Unicron behind the Fallen all along or whatever. I hope you get my point.

As for my opinion on the villains, i suppose it has to do with the fact that i havent read the comics so i dont know all these Stormbreakers, Thunderwings, Bludgeons, Sixshots, Sixpacks, etc. I read the wikis about them but couldnt really get much from that. So anyway, Megs is my favourite and if some super robot suddenly comes i'd hate to see Megatron bow again. If that robot threatens both autobots and decepticons, fine. If he joins the decepticons and Megatron is sidestepped, Megatron should at least appear to bow to the new robot just as long as it serves his purposes. In other words Megatron is still in charge...

Last edited:
I know it was from the trailer, but it summarizes what Bay did with the plot. The Fallen was behind this all along. "We ve kept much from you fans." And i would hate it if in the third movie they reveal that it was Unicron behind the Fallen all along or whatever. I hope you get my point.

As for my opinion on the villains, i suppose it has to do with the fact that i havent read the comics so i dont know all these Stormbreakers, Thunderwings, Bludgeons, Sixshots, Sixpacks, etc. I read the wikis about them but couldnt really get much from that. So anyway, Megs is my favourite and if some super robot suddenly comes i'd hate to see Megatron bow again. If that robot threatens both autobots and decepticons, fine. If he joins the decepticons and Megatron is sidestepped, Megatron should at least appear to bow to the new robot just as long as it serves his purposes. In other words Megatron is still in charge...

Megatron doesnt have to be side-stepped, he wasnt in ROTF IMO, he still had more screen-time than The Fallen. So someone coming in doesnt mean he will be side-stepped. And Thunderwing, Nova Prime and Bludgeon all barely had anything to do with Megatron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"