Tropic Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely loved this movie.... every character had there moment and they nailed it

Love the commentary for the film. However, somebody mentioned another commentary with a writer/producer and Ben. The only commentary the one on my DVD features is with Stiller, Black and Downey. And also, Ben mentioned a "Director's Cut", is that out yet?...
HOLD YOUR COCK!

I absolutely loved this movie.... every character had there moment and they nailed it
Yeah, and too be honest, I even liked Black's character. But it would've been better if he was deaf or something, because a lot of Black's humour comes from physical comedy. I loved the "Ahh... I ----in' Hate Movies" line.

Saw this movie like 3 weeks ago and loved it...Hilarious...!!!

Yeah, with both commentaries get the unrated and extended version. The film is much funnier also.

Yeah, with both commentaries get the unrated and extended version. The film is much funnier also.
Damn, I wish I saw it on shelves before I bought the copy I currently own... oh well, I'll probably rent it for that "Rain of Madness" mockumentary(which I would guess is poking fun at the 'Apocalypse Now' documentary), mainly because I'm interested in seeing more of an extended look at the character Coogan plays, considering I enjoyed what he did with the limited time he had in the film. But, all things put on the table, I'm sure that this 2-Disc DVD will be a better buy than that 2-Disc 'Dark Knight' DVD; great film, but not enough offered.

I own both the 2 disc versions of Tropic thunder and The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder is way better, The Dark Knight 2 Disc is a rip, except the digital copy of the movie that coes with it.

Yeah Tropic Thunder is an awesome 2 disc DVD. The Dark Knight was a dissapointment, especially after the excellent SE's of Burton's, Shucmacher's and Batman Begins!

All of them are great, very in depth. Get Batman & Robin too as the extras feature a documentary and starts with Batman '89 and ends with B&R. Schumacher makes a completely insincere half assed apology, the technical stuff is all good, but without a doubt Batman Begins has the best technical features. Batman Returns has a very cool and very creepy music video by Siouxe and the Banshees. Jack Nicholson has a funny story about pimping out B'89 in the mens room at the '89 Oscars.

Considering how much bigger TDK became than all of them it's quite sad that the DVD was so half assed.

I own both the 2 disc versions of Tropic thunder and The Dark Knight, Tropic Thunder is way better, The Dark Knight 2 Disc is a rip, except the digital copy of the movie that coes with it.
Still gotta get my Digital Copy, but does it come with all of the IMAX sequences in their original format? I heard they did that with the Blu-Ray version but I'm uncertain about the Digital Copy. And what the hell was up with the Blu-Ray version getting this 45-minute documentary and an hour's worth of featurettes while you watch the film? They did something simular with 'X-Men 1.5', only they didn't need a Blu-Ray format to fit in all of the content. I guess Warner Bros. just want their money's worth.
Yeah Tropic Thunder is an awesome 2 disc DVD. The Dark Knight was a dissapointment, especially after the excellent SE's of Burton's, Shucmacher's and Batman Begins!
Certainly so, Burton's Batman DVD alone is probably my favourite. I can only hope they do something simular with the Adam West 'Batman' movie.

I gotta get the Burton/Shumacher films in the box set. Do they even have it anymore? I actually am waiting for another edition that offers more which they usually do.

Plus, how were the SF's on the BB DVD?

And yes, Tropic Thunder had much better features than TDK. Half assed as hell. A billion dollar grosser, and we got that?

I gotta get the Burton/Shumacher films in the box set. Do they even have it anymore? I actually am waiting for another edition that offers more which they usually do.

Plus, how were the SF's on the BB DVD?

And yes, Tropic Thunder had much better features than TDK. Half assed as hell. A billion dollar grosser, and we got that?
I'm not sure, I bought the Single-Disc when it first came out. However, once I get a Blu-Ray player or a PS3 or whatever, I'll probably purchase the mass of movies I own, including 'Tropic Thunder'.

Also, I'm pretty sure they still have it lingering about out on shelves, because recently I bought the 'Die Hard Collection' that was released before 'Live Free or Die Hard' came out. Afterall, didn't the collection('Batman') come out in 2007?

It came out for the relaes of BB. So four years is a while.

I think they could be on Amazon though the last I checked it was on there.

It sucks, I only would like to get B89, BR, and BF but I'm wasting money for a crap film.

It came out for the relaes of BB. So four years is a while.

I think they could be on Amazon though the last I checked it was on there.

It sucks, I only would like to get B89, BR, and BF but I'm wasting money for a crap film.
Oh well, give it to a close friend as a birthday present.

Nah, even he wouldn't want that crap. I don't think anybody in their right mind would.

Tropic Thunder is one of the funniest movies of last year, I thought. I laughed my ass off throughout.

I absolutely ~loved~ Tropic Thunder. Everyone, especially RDJ, Jack Black, and Danny McBride, had me in fits of laughter more times than I could count. It was priceless watching Kirk Lazarus' attempts at diverting Tran with broken Chinese: "Forgive me. My brain is... uh... dehydrated. I need electrolytes for my pea-brain which is... constipated." Priceless. It was the eyes. And T.C. was a pleasant surprise. I'd forgotten about his being a competent actor in the midst of his antics.

And I whatever-number-th the love for the commentary.

I re-watched this again. It's a shame that we can't have the actual movies from the trailers to go with the actual trailers.

All of them are great, very in depth. Get Batman & Robin too as the extras feature a documentary and starts with Batman '89 and ends with B&R. Schumacher makes a completely insincere half assed apology, the technical stuff is all good, but without a doubt Batman Begins has the best technical features. Batman Returns has a very cool and very creepy music video by Siouxe and the Banshees. Jack Nicholson has a funny story about pimping out B'89 in the mens room at the '89 Oscars.

Considering how much bigger TDK became than all of them it's quite sad that the DVD was so half assed.

I smell double dipping is coming.

RDJ is a ****in' LEGEND!!! :woot:

It'd be cool if he won the oscar because you know his speech would've been hilarious. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"