Twang- The Country Music Thread

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is for the discussion of Country Music, its medium, its artists, its history, etc. This thread is not for immature redneck jokes and just coming in to say it sucks. If you don't like country music, that's fine, at least give some reasons. don't be a troll :)

Feel free to discuss the legends of the past and the stars of today and the future. post lyrics, discuss artists, post performances, lyrics, etc. what ever you like :)

scuuiu.jpg

i love the old school country legends: johnny cash, woody guthrie, hank williams, loretta lynn, etc...

all this new crap that gets passed off as country is complete garbage.

I enjoy Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and a few others.

The song I really enjoy is "Dick in Dixie" by Hank Williams III

one of my fave classic singers:
Patsy Cline.

2ahdrur.jpg

she died too young and her music is still famous today. her tone is so rich and lovely.

Crazy written by Willie Nelson
[YT]Zzq5X-p2C0Y[/YT]

I Fall To Pieces
[YT]HG-8uZg2uV0[/YT]

less than 2 weeks after this performance, Patsy was killed in a plane crash.

This is my favorite Patsy song:

Sweet Dreams is a very very close second

one time my friend started dating this chick, and early on she mentioned that she didnt like patsy cline's "walking after midnight" and so he broke up with her the next day. i totally supported his decision.

one time my friend started dating this chick, and early on she mentioned that she didnt like patsy cline's "walking after midnight" and so he broke up with her the next day. i totally supported his decision.

i support it too. if you aint a fan of Cline, you aint no friend of mine.

that could end up becoming
a) a southern bumper sticker/shirt/etc
b) a line from the next big country smash lol

Kenny Rogers is one of my favorites...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2-APrweQOI

Johnny Cash was another favorite, here's one you may not have heard it's from his time with the Highwaymen. The Highwaymen was comprised of some of the greatest country songwriters ever. Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson.
[YT]aMQw5MLim9g[/YT]

I was joking? :huh:

If I had said "Roger Miller. Close thread. :o" I'm sure you would have got the joke...

But anyhow there's no country singer from the past decade better than her.

I was joking? :huh:

If I had said "Roger Miller. Close thread. :o" I'm sure you would have got the joke...

But anyhow there's no country singer from the past decade better than her.

oh ok. my bad. i apologize. I just caught her on youtube. she really sounds like the classic ladies of country.
[YT]_FhVbyeWFvo[/YT]

She totally does. I'd rank her up there with Loretta Lynn. We need more of those kind of female country singers and less of Taylor Swift.

Another great one from Neko:

[YT]eboVW4SXZdQ[/YT]

And some Jenny Lewis:

[YT]2Z-e7XYW1Qk[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001