Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolvieboy17

Anthropomorphic Clock
Reaction score
Not technically OFFICIAL confirmation, but a rumour is good enough for a new thread on the Hype! Discuss!

Amazon Lists Uncharted 3: World Of Deceit
6116.41vhIKsKgwL.jpg

First Drake's Fortune. Then Among Thieves. And now World of Deceit?
This placeholder box art has appeared on Amazon France's website, revealing a possible subtitle for a yet-to-be-confirmed Uncharted sequel. Either someone messed up at Amazon or this here is a fake. With no official word from Naughty Dog, we're just going to keep our fingers crossed that our favorite everyman will make his return very, very soon.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/10/24/amazon-lists-uncharted-3.aspx

This has been proven to be some guys school project and is not associated with Naughty Dog and Uncharted. Maybe you can get a Mod to change the title to just Uncharted 3 or get it closed until an official announcement is made?

We may as well keep the thread open since the third installment is ineveitable, but I think your right, a name change would be best to avoid confusion.

As with Among Thieves, i need no discussion or previews on the game. The absolute second its announced im dropping a full preorder on it. Cant wait.

I hope they come out with a CE version, that is not ultra rare this time.

I never get CE but UC3 might be the only exception.

The only game I ever got a CE of was the MGS IV and it was well worth it. Id be willing to get one for UC3

Yay a Rumor!!

After exploring the South American jungles of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and the Himalayas in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, where will half-tucked treasure hunter Nathan Drake find himself next? According to an informed source, Drake's going to the desert.
The same source that says an Uncharted 3 reveal is due on or around the Spike TV Video Game Awards indicates that the next game in Naughty Dog's PlayStation 3 adventure series will trade Nepalese snow for sun and sand. The deserts of Africa have been a frequently theorized and requested setting for the third Uncharted game—one that would put Drake on a path already traveled by Indiana Jones.
In Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indy traveled from the jungles of South America to the snowy mountains of Nepal to the Egyptian desert. Coincidence? Crazed theory? We'll find out where Uncharted 3 will take Drake soon enough, if this rumor is right.
Sony has something to unveil in Hollywood on December 12, so we'll hopefully know something more official about Nathan Drake's future before too long.
The pic in the story is awesome.

http://kotaku.com/5701728/rumor-is-uncharted-3-going-to-the-desert?skyline=true&s=i

I think that's pretty cool. I really want to know how ND are going to innovate on story this time around. I want a really unique bad guy too, past 2 have been great but not entirley memorable, I need to REALLY enjoy gunning them down at the end.

I agree about the big bad. They tried to make us hate Lazarevic for his past deeds, but we had no personal hatred toward him. They tried with [BLACKOUT]Schafer dying[/BLACKOUT], but I think it would have been stronger if he had [BLACKOUT]killed someone like Chloe or Elena[/BLACKOUT]. I want the next big bad to be someone that makes things personal for Drake.

Last edited:
I thought Lazarevic was a pretty bad ass dude i mean he shot that camera guy in a flash and the voice actor was REALLY good!!!

It's official!! Uncharted 3 : Drake's Deception!!

If Indiana Jones or Robert Langdon is your definition of treasure-hunting action-adventure, then either you watch too many movies or read too many books — or you haven’t met Nathan Drake, the hero at the center the blockbuster videogame franchise Uncharted, exclusive to the PlayStation 3 platform. Last year, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves garnered widespread critical acclaim, bagged bunches of major videogame industry awards, and sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide. Hollywood’s a fan: A feature film from Columbia Pictures — adapted by helmer David O. Russell (Three Kings), produced by former Marvel Studios honcho Avi Arad and rumored to be starring Mark Wahlberg, the headliner of Russell’s forthcoming Oscar-baiting drama flick The Fighter – should be shooting just as the next game in the series, entitled Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, hits stores late next year. EW recently visited the Santa Monica, California offices of Uncharted’s developer, Naughty Dog, for a sneak peek at the sequel, and we returned wishing “late next year” was right damn now.
Here’s what we can tell you: First off, obviously the title is not “Uncharted 3: World of Deceit,” as has been rumored here and there on the Internet. Still: Good guessing with the “deceit” thing. According to Naughty Dog’s creative director Amy Hennig, the theme of deception plays out in multiple ways throughout the threequel, from Drake doing the deceiving to Drake being deceived to some mysterious deception about Drake’s very identity. The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully” Sullivan, and has him searching for a legendary lost city that will ultimately take him to the Arabian Peninsula and the vast wasteland of the Rub’ al Khali Desert, also known as the Empty Quarter. (Said legendary lost city has been known by various names, including “Iram of the Pillars” and the “Atlantis of the Sands”; click the link for more backstory.)
Sony Computer Entertainment America

Uncharted likes to keep one foot (or at least a toe) grounded in history (Nathan’s ancestor is the British pirate, explorer and Navy officer Sir Francis Drake) and the plot of Uncharted 3 draws more from Drake’s exploits as well as from the life of T.E. Lawrence — not from his militant days as the fabled “Lawrence of Arabia,” but rather the Brit’s early years as an archaeologist. The inspiration for the story, says Hennig, came from Naughty Dog’s desire to take on the challenge of conceiving and building out gameplay scenarios within a desert locale — “challenge,” because organic elements like water, fire and sand are technically difficult to credibly render with animation. Says Hennig: “When we first came up with the idea of sand, you see everyone’s eyes light up here and go, ‘Yeah, that’s going to be really hard — let’s do it!’” Adds Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells: “We’re a bunch of nerds. We just look forsomething that will be a technical, artistic challenge, and allowed us to push into an area of the world and history we’ve never tapped into before.”
Uncharted 3 — which aspires to be an “interactive cinematic experience,” says Hennig, marked with character-driven storytelling — will also make more expansive use of motion-capture filmmaking techniques (think: the way James Cameron shot Avatar) that will enhance the quality of character performance. (In fact, Naughty Dog’s new Santa Monica digs includes its own mo-cap studio.) The execs at Naughty Dog walked us through one of the game’s levels, and while we can’t tell you anything about the locale (it actually wasn’t the desert), we can tell you that it was quintessential Uncharted, marked by dynamic camera work and gameplay that requires you to jump and climb through treacherous spaces that are in an almost constant state of change — or in this case, catastrophic collapse. Innovations? Several, including enhanced backward climbing and the ability to fight multiple baddies at once. Finally, Wells stressed that much time and effort is being lavished upon expanding Uncharted’s online multiplayer and co-op capabilities, too; expect more details to come in the coming months. Doing so gives the consumer more value for their entertainment dollar — especially in a weak economy, and esepcially among videogame consumers more prone to buying just a few games a year. It also creates a market for additional downloadable content for purchase (Uncharted zombie maps, anyone?), and cultivates an avid community of what Wells calls “evangelists” that can help create buzz future products. “We want to take on the big boys of the multi-player genre,” says Wells, no doubt alluding to multiplayer giants Call of Duty and Halo. “It has become something here at Naughty Dog that will become an important part to all our games.”
Sony Computer Entertainment America

Naughty Dog is remaining cagey about the release date for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, but expect it to drop around the same time that the first Nathan Drake novel, Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth, hits next fall. (According to Wells, 2011 marks the beginning of Naughty Dog’s push to make Uncharted a “transmedia” entertainment brand, with high quality, mythology-managed storytelling extensions of the Uncharted universe created for various entertainment media, i.e. Star Wars.) That said, Uncharted 3′s release date could be announced in the first trailer for the game, scheduled to air during the Spike Videogame Awards on Dec. 11. But lest we leave you dangling like Uncharted so often does with its hero, here’s a teasy little glimpse of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/12/09/uncharted-3-first-look/

Teaser vid at the jump.

Last edited:
Uncharted. Zombie. Maps.

I just ****ed. Twice.

Was just gonna post that. Mod way want to change the title of the thread

All aboard the hype train! It's gonna be a looooooooooong year.

Absolutely positively cannot friggin' wait.

Im really not a fan of the desert setting but Im sure the game wont dissapoint in making it work

2011 is shaping up to be a great year in games! :awesome:

can't. f-ing. wait!!!!

in related news, there's an article at IGN that says that the Uncharted movie may be put on hold because David Russell will do another project instead. i hope that Sony got a bunch of complaints on where the film was heading to warrant such a move.

I demand Guardian come in here and bombard us with millions of emoticons!

Seriously though, 2011 is going to kill my wallet. :csad:

I really, really hope there is a CE this time we can all get.

I never buy CE's but Uncharted 3 may be the only exception.

assuming we get one and its not some super rare thing you have to win. The only CE, I ever bought was for MGS4, but Id consider UC3, if its not ridiculously expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"