Upcoming movies you want in 3-D

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
As of late it's mostly been family films or horror films using the RealD technology, two ends of the spectrum. But with Avatar, it's looking to become less of a "gimmick" as some people view it and more of a requirement to garner the full effect of the film. For movies currently in production or that are being optioned for future release, are there any you want to have the option of viewing in 3D? I know ROTF I would have enjoyed about 20 times more if it was IMAX and 3D. I know I would like to see Green Lantern done in this way, though I know it might be too late for them to make the decision.

As of late it's mostly been family films or horror films using the RealD technology, two ends of the spectrum. But with Avatar, it's looking to become less of a "gimmick" as some people view it and more of a requirement to garner the full effect of the film. For movies currently in production or that are being optioned for future release, are there any you want to have the option of viewing in 3D? I know ROTF I would have enjoyed about 20 times more if it was IMAX and 3D. I know I would like to see Green Lantern done in this way, though I know it might be too late for them to make the decision.

IMAX yes , 3-D no way. Michael Bay is swinging the camera like crazy. Granted he's not Paul Greengrass who just points a camera as his actors ,then spins it wildy and shows us the footage.
And people already complained about dizzying shots that caused headaches. If that can be caused in 2-D , imagine the effect in 3-D. Theaters employees would start to give out free puke bags before every showing.

Anyway going back to the 3-D.
Here are movies i'd want to see in 3-D.

Battle Angel trilogy ( given Camer's man-love for 3-D i'm sure we'll get just that)

The Hobbit prt 1 & 2

Green Lantern trilogy , Superman Trilogy and even all future spider-man movies.

Ditto with Ghost In the Shell

BAsically any big blockbuster with loads of CGI and no MTV-editing or Bourne style shakey-cam filming can be shown in 3-D IMO

Michael Bay can not use 3D. he knows it and cameron knows it.with 3D if you move the camera very fast the blur stands more out. hes style is very hard,violent.

until Avatar comes out you will not have a lot of people that are even happy with 3D. they have better technology but they still use it as a ''gimmick''.
Bloody Valantine didnt help promoting 3D since they used it again like in the 90's. the trailer for Final Destination also showed a cheap use of the new stereoscopic camera. people said that Ice Age used 3D very good and for Coraline. but those were not real actors.

Yeah, 3D is a total gimmick as of right now. If Avatar lives up to the hype, hopefully others will begin to use Cameron's technique and really use it to emmerse the audience into the film's environment.

Cloverfield 2 The shaky cam mixed with the 3-D will make everybody sick in the entire TRI-STATE AREA!

i want to see spider-man 4 in 3d. i heard they might make it in 3d. i wouldn't mind seeingiron man2 in 3d.

Yeah, 3D is a total gimmick as of right now. If Avatar lives up to the hype, hopefully others will begin to use Cameron's technique and really use it to emmerse the audience into the film's environment.

ive seen Coraline in 3D and it was really amazing, you see depth in the environment as well as the characters, before seeing this the last 3D movie i saw was Spy Kids 3D and it was horrible

back to the topic, if they are going to make another Nolan's batman then that should be in 3D (with using IMAX :wow: ) and the Avengers film

I dunno, the reason I think it worked well for Coraline (and Ice Age 3) is because they're animated and had a fantastical setting (more for Coraline). Haven't seen any 3D live action movies yet so I don't know how effective/realistic they are.

As for movies I want to see in 3D:

- Alice in Wonderland
- Rapunzel

I dunno, the reason I think it worked well for Coraline (and Ice Age 3) is because they're animated and had a fantastical setting (more for Coraline). Haven't seen any 3D live action movies yet so I don't know how effective/realistic they are.

As for movies I want to see in 3D:

- Alice in Wonderland
- Rapunzel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"