Valkyrie Elysium (Valkyrie Profile series)

Wait, the actual original Valkyrie Profile is *also* getting a rerelease?

Pre-ordered for that steelbook. I've never gotten into the series, but I think I own all the available versions on console.

I made it to the broken bridge puzzle in the tutorial and had no idea what the hell to do. I sent out one of the magic dudes out to solve a puzzle and neither one of the two of them worked. Then I ran out of blue mana from using them and was essentially stuck there unable to complete the puzzle to get to the other side. Will try again later but I'm too tired for this right now and the tutorial is annoying me lol.

After a good night's sleep I figured out what I did wrong. You can't just send out your magic people to solve a puzzle, you have to press R3 (press the right thumb stick in) to target the puzzle and then send them out else it doesn't work.

Going through the demo on normal it's been pretty easy. Had I known this I would have bumped the difficulty from the start up to hard. The story telling is very sparse in demo - don't know how chopped down it is from the main game - expect it to be closer to something like Trials of Mana or the PS3 version of Nier except with a more in-depth combat system (and other RPG systems), which it is pretty fun to lock on to an enemy and then hit L2 to lock on to another enemy and grapple over to them and beat them up.

Valkyrie Elysium: “We’ve released a free update for Valkyrie Elysium on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 today! Learn more here: http://sqex.link/6u25 Become Hilde and master another style of combat in Hilde’s Vengeance, or take on new challenges and try your hand at the fiendish Seraphic Gate.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"