Vegans, i just dont get it?

I've been a vegetarian for about ten years now. I give no reason as to why, because I don't have to justify my eating habits to anyone. Funny that there are people in this topic who seem to feel the need to, and also to bash anyone who varies from them in eating habits. Also, this is me, and all vegetarians and vegans share this general appearance:

darthsidious3.jpg

If you've got a good reason, then more power to you, but if it's some sort of crap like "I won't eat animals because we're equal to the animals so I'm not going to kill and eat them, like they do to each other, and despite my saying that we're equal, I choose not to eat meat when many animals cannot, because I can make that decision, so even though I'd never admit it, I'm actually not eating meat because I'm delusional and think that I'm both equal to and above the animals at the same time."

For the sake of argument, let's say that's my EXACT reason for being a vegetarian. What's it to you? Or if I thought Lord Xenu was going to zap me with a space beam if I ate meat, why would you care? If I'm not throwing paint on your girlfriend for wearing a fur coat, or otherwise being a preachy git, what I eat or don't eat shouldn't matter to you, regardless of my reasons.

For the sake of argument, let's say that's my EXACT reason for being a vegetarian. What's it to you? Or if I thought Lord Xenu was going to zap me with a space beam if I ate meat, why would you care? If I'm not throwing paint on your girlfriend for wearing a fur coat, or otherwise being a preachy git, what I eat or don't eat shouldn't matter to you, regardless of my reasons.
There are vegans/vegetarians who AREN'T preachy gits..?

I view it more as people who have become embittered by past experiences with preachy git vegans/vegetarians...

I view it more as people who have become embittered by past experiences with preachy git vegans/vegetarians...

'battle not with preachy gits, lest ye become a preachy git'

edit: but I suspect that some meat eaters will take the very act of vegetarianism as a judgement call on them, making them feel they are thinking they are doing something wrong. So you will get guys like Gordon Ramsey bemoaning and slagging off vegeterianism on his tv shows. Athough he kind of changed his views on the aspect of there being no great dishes that are veggie, and it limiting your creative talents as a cook, he spent some time in some other country with some top mojo guru kung-to-fu veggie bakers, and their dishes blew him away, making him completely change his attitude on the culinary potentials.

Last edited:
Except that's not true.

If a spider or ant is crawling on your face or your arm...you are going to gingerly take it off and put it in a place it on a branch? I have seen a Vegan at my college eating her lunch outside and shoo-ing away flies with her hand. She was hitting them! Also, I would bet Vegans step on bugs all the time. You don't watch the ground constantly where ever you walk and your face isn't one inch away from the road when you are driving to avoid killing a sugar ant trying to get to his family.

and the thing is, free range foods taste better, the more leg space dvds and magazines a chicken is allowed, the happier they are and they lay better eggs.

edit: also, i suppose it's not just the magazines and dvds, if a farmer has taken the time and trouble to equipt himself with a free range set up, they are going to use better feed for the animals.

I also think free roam is great. It does taste better. I do have a problem with tortue and keeping an animal in a 12 inch by 12 inch cage is torture. But, I also have a problem with people who will not eat any animal products:o Those people are crazy and my personal experience with them have reaffirmed my suspicions that they are indeed aliens. But Dairy farms are hardly torturous. The cows can roam around and they come to the line to get their milk taken out. In fact, it feels really good to them and they enjoy it because they line up on their own:wow:

I've always found it amusing traveling abroad with people who don't eat meat. Other people eat less meat than North Americans, but 90%+ of their dishes have some meat in them.

Of course, this leads to your hosts looking at the non meat eater weirdly, which leads the non meat eater to label people from X country as intolerant.

:awesome:

You have to admit, the conditions of factory farms are absolutely horrid.
They are. I'm astounded you're the only one here who gets that. Even the most basic research will turn up some pretty disgusting stuff.
Free range farms are the better option.
But, see, even free range is a slippery slope. It's not really regulated in any meaningful way. And I don't think there are many people who take the time out to make sure everything they eat is free range. Anyone who does though, good for you.

I'm not a vegan, btw. I just find it totally naive to suggest that nothing that bad happens to the animals we get our food from.

Last edited:
I honestly don't give a s**t what happens to my food before it reaches my plate. As long as it's not tainted or irradiated, I care not how Bessie the Cow died. :o

If someone wants to be a vegetarian or a Vegan more power to them. Only time i have issue with it is when someone is a ******* about it offers their commentary on what I eat. I'm a pretty big vegetable eater but dammit I need a burger or some ribs from time to time and I should be able to enjoy them without some self righteous prick trying to make me feel like I'm commuting a heinous act.

Most vegans and vegetarians have the sense not to behave in such ways but as always the nutty fringe is what the stereotype are based on. The same goes for atheists.

I wonder how many Vegans/Vegeterians have a pair of leather shoes, or a cool biker jacket....

Probably none. That seems like the sorta arbitrary line they wouldn't wanna cross. Only flip flops and ponchos made of hemp for them. :o

Funny, my X-wife when she was younger was assaulted by some PETA advocates for wearing a fur jacket back in the early 90's, one of which was wearing a pair of 20 eye-holed Doc Martens.

She thought the hypocricy was astounding.

I challenge vegans and vegetarians by slapping them across the face with a porterhouse steak.

It sounds harsh, but not really when you compare it with how I challenge feminists...

:awesome:

If you keep it to yourself, and/or have a decent reason for it, I don't care. More prey for me. But those who are the most vocal about their vegetarianism tend to be the ones with the crappiest reasoning.

I challenge vegans and vegetarians by slapping them across the face with a porterhouse steak.

It sounds harsh, but not really when you compare it with how I challenge feminists...

Owl_I_see_what_you_did.jpg

:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"